Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 10-02-2014
Spends too long on oOple ...

All this yet when we had NiHM batteries from major manufacturers, there would be special, or better than average batches, random failures etc. This scare mongering about lipos is just old and boring.
Old 10-02-2014

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Skull View Post
Many products come from same factorys it true but the spec they are built to for every supplier can be fully different.
To meet correct certification certain rules have to be followed and materials and only approved factorys to be used. getting the cells approved is costly for EU import rules, but gives you the best assurance the products are made to strict spec and safety regulations.
Its the same for electronics and other manufacturing from overseas.
There are batteries and electronics on the market from overseas that are just dangerous and don't pass regulations.
You pay your money and take your chances.
agreed those factories have different specs, high quality, lower quality, rejects that don't meet the specs for the above, sold on to lower level packs
Old 10-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
All this yet when we had NiHM batteries from major manufacturers, there would be special, or better than average batches, random failures etc. This scare mongering about lipos is just old and boring.
And was there a brca list for Nimh?
Old 10-02-2014

Yeap, didn't make them any safer or better, it did what it was meant to, that if you were racing at BRCA sanctioned events, if a newer, higher capacity higher average voltage came out, it wouldn't be legal, it made no concession to 'how safe' a cell was.

This thread is definitely suffering from a 'jump on a statement syndrome'....

From reading what Jim has stated, I am GUESSING that only dimensional and weights are checked on a physical battery to give a bench point for checking at a race meeting. If a cell is officially imported into Europe/UK then it must of past the tests that he mentioned. In that respect, all officially imported batteries would of gone through the same rigorous testing surely?
Old 10-02-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I simply hope that somewhere along the way this will be resolved to the satisfaction of the average club racer.

I don't mind paying for my RC 'quality' items - but it's a step too far when some companies think charging £70 or £80 or more for a lipo is ok - when potentially the same thing is available for around £20?

I would love to know for sure if this is indeed the case - or do HPI / Thunder Power / Volts / Vampire etc make their own Lipos.....

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 10-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Yeap, didn't make them any safer or better, it did what it was meant to, that if you were racing at BRCA sanctioned events, if a newer, higher capacity higher average voltage came out, it wouldn't be legal, it made no concession to 'how safe' a cell was.

This thread is definitely suffering from a 'jump on a statement syndrome'....

From reading what Jim has stated, I am GUESSING that only dimensional and weights are checked on a physical battery to give a bench point for checking at a race meeting. If a cell is officially imported into Europe/UK then it must of past the tests that he mentioned. In that respect, all officially imported batteries would of gone through the same rigorous testing surely?

Why not ask the correct people and know for sure? having been involved in getting some lipo approved, 1/ its not as simple as you think 2/ there is more than you are guessing