Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 20-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
I'm only going on what I end up paying, haven't checked how it calculated, but my last order (of about £150ish) from there was for some reason only £20 for duty/handling. Previously on big kit orders of about £300 I've paid up to £40 on duty/handling fee's. Maybe on the small order it wasn't all assessed for some reason?

And remember, I'm actually paying duty etc, lots of people may well not be from other hk places unless things have tightened up!
Sorry Dave, my post was aimed at Jonathan, not you. I've edited my post to clear that up.
pm me bitch, or is it past your bedtime?
Old 20-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomanic View Post
Your figures don't seem right to me. If you have to pay duty on the parcel the handling fee alone will be between £8 and £13.50.
Thats a fair point, forgot about the handling. Aslo I only added vat as you dont pay duty on model parts, I dont actually know if batteries for models are subject to duty ?
Old 20-02-2009

http://teamtekin.com/batteries.html

Word is out?
Old 20-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Looks like it!
Old 20-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If what something costs at the shop seems high, and you import it and spend approx the same once everything totaled up, well its actually costing you more - in that the shops may close due to lack of support and then where are we?

Buy from UK shops!!!

Infact, id like to go one step further and say buy UK products where the choice is there to do so.
Old 20-02-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benh View Post
they were cleared for touring cars, I think that is what it refers to
Old 20-02-2009

The Tekin battery is only 204grams!!!!

Not that it's relevant....
Old 20-02-2009
Mad Member

In case anyone missed it...

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19739
Old 20-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
If what something costs at the shop seems high, and you import it and spend approx the same once everything totaled up, well its actually costing you more - in that the shops may close due to lack of support and then where are we?

Buy from UK shops!!!

Infact, id like to go one step further and say buy UK products where the choice is there to do so.
Generally I'd agree with this, but for those guys abroad I have built good relationships with (RC Champ/Stella Models) I'll still be using them too, as I want them to get through the downturn in one piece too!
Old 20-02-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Ooohhh, that's a bit naughty Darren, saying stuff like that before the list is out

I know one person who won't be happy

G
Not really, since the EFRA homolgation fees have just had to be paid out we knew they were EFRA legal and since the BRCA regs are pretty much the same if they pass for one then they pass for both...... Not rocket science.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 20-02-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I probably shouldnt fuel the argument but....

You can buy a LiPo saddle that fully complies with EFRA spec made by a big company (Intellect) for £55 delivered from HK, £63 if you include tax.

Lets see what the cheapest on the list is.
Cant say for everyone else but our "proposed" (politically correct way of saying BRCA legal) saddle pack has a RRP of £69.99 before any of our dealers offer any discounts on them to theri customers. These are 4400mah/30C so a decent spec too. So no cheaper really, if anything a little dearer from HK with handling inc....
Old 20-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Cant say for everyone else but our "proposed" (politically correct way of saying BRCA legal) saddle has a RRP of £69.99 before any of our delaers offer any discounts on them. These are 4400mah/30C so a decent spec too. So no cheaper really if anything a little dearer from HK with handling inc....
That sounds great, I guess everyone is getting impatient (which Im not saying is justified) and seeing a £100 limit got everyone feeling even more twitchy !

As we get closer it looks like there will be a lot more choice than expected and with your info above, more reasonably priced.
Old 20-02-2009
oOple Advertiser

I think people will be AMAZED at the choice of cells they have, there are FAR more than anyone ever thought there would be and several will be at reasonable pricing too not pushed striaght to the price limit (by that I am not knocking ANY cell (or motor) that is right at the price limit since these products often offer the VERY highest spec and quality and are supported by LARGE distributors whose support is second to none, but at a cost. Several top price products will still be the choice for MANY racers, but there will be some cost effective ones too)