Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid EAST

Old 07-06-2009

GOT TO BE SUN SWELTERING SUN BAKED HOLBEACH THEN
Old 07-06-2009

Thumbs up

All,

I went straight from the rain cancelled West Brigford regional to the Eastrax venue, met Paul at the track and questioned if he would like to run a regional, after a breif discussion I left it with Paul to come back to me, Within 1 hour Paul called me and gave his support.

Eastrax venue is still intact except for timing equipment but this could be rectified quickly.

Track needs a few hours work but would be ready to race without a problem, it all looked reasonable and nothing too difficult to get sorted.

As the regional was scheduled to be in this part of the region I have awarded round 3 of the 2009 4wd championship to Eastrax.

Paul did express he would like some help to get the venue ready and I'm sure we could get a small work party arranged if he gave us some dates, Obviously once the work is complete we could have some practice runs You comming over smithy?

So there we have it:-

12th July 2009 - Round 3 Mid East 4wd Regional - Eastrax

Thanks to all the other clubs who offered to put another date on, it will not be forgotten!
Old 07-06-2009
Mad Member

Nice one. I've never been to Eastrax so that'll be good. Is there camping available on the sat evening? I'd rather camp if poss than drive up in the morning.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 07-06-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Good work Jim. Be good if we can keep this track in some kind of order if it is possible, permanent venues in this area are few and far between, and my opinion was that this was always a very good one.

Let me know when you need to do some work, will make it down if i can.
Old 07-06-2009

I must say great choice good track.
Old 07-06-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak racing View Post
All,

I went straight from the rain cancelled West Brigford regional to the Eastrax venue, met Paul at the track and questioned if he would like to run a regional, after a breif discussion I left it with Paul to come back to me, Within 1 hour Paul called me and gave his support.

Eastrax venue is still intact except for timing equipment but this could be rectified quickly.

Track needs a few hours work but would be ready to race without a problem, it all looked reasonable and nothing too difficult to get sorted.

As the regional was scheduled to be in this part of the region I have awarded round 3 of the 2009 4wd championship to Eastrax.

Paul did express he would like some help to get the venue ready and I'm sure we could get a small work party arranged if he gave us some dates, Obviously once the work is complete we could have some practice runs You comming over smithy?

So there we have it:-

12th July 2009 - Round 3 Mid East 4wd Regional - Eastrax

Thanks to all the other clubs who offered to put another date on, it will not be forgotten!
ill be happy to help mate let me know the works party dates and ill be there cheers guys ,,,, lets get eastrax back on the region good wok jim

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 08-06-2009

Nice one Jim, it will be good to revisit Eastrax
Old 08-06-2009

Sounds ace! Been there a few times and enjoyed it

Pitty were not off to Frankley mind,was looking forward to that!
Old 08-06-2009

Eastrax landlord has always been happy to take money (£5.00 per night) from campers. It's a captive audience thing I think?
Old 11-06-2009

why should we go to a venue who decided they were not doing anymore offroad for this year .now they are more than happy to cash in ie [£5 per night camping] they didn,t asked to be considered for a regional so in imoa shouldnt have even been asked .
Old 12-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schudave View Post
why should we go to a venue who decided they were not doing anymore offroad for this year .now they are more than happy to cash in ie [£5 per night camping] they didn,t asked to be considered for a regional so in imoa shouldnt have even been asked .
Because we don't have enough purpose built venues in the country never mind our region and to not hold a meeting there would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. I also don't think they can be accused of cashing in when they were asked by us to host it at short notice and if you really do feel that strongly teach them a lesson and don't camp!
Old 12-06-2009

Exactly.
Old 18-06-2009

Smile

Can't wait to see what Eastrax has to offer as i've never been there.
I have heard its pretty good from a few people ... can't wait till Broxtowe and Eastrax

KYOSHO

KYOSHO - TEAM ORION POWERED - NOVAROSSI - CUSTOM BLITZ
Old 18-06-2009

i have been told the state of the track is a bit worse for wear due to bmx,s and other idiots biking all over it.who is going to go and get it ready for a one off one days racing.
Old 19-06-2009

I thought people knew that thats why i think they were asking for work partys to help get it ready, i do not know why you seem so dead against going to eastrax after all it would be nice to have another diffrent track on the calendar as a replacement rather than a track we have all ready raced at.Even if it is a bit worse for wear as you seem to think, its still a good track and everyone has to race on the same track i think under the circumstance Jim has made a good chioce and i can't wait to go.
Regards Darran(Leverton Raceway)
Old 19-06-2009

Yes Jim went and checked before he decided to change the venue. The track hasn't been used for mini bikes or anything. It just has a few weeds growing through so it shouldnt take too long to get ready. Many hands make light work!
Old 19-06-2009

If you guys let me know when you are going over to the track to sort it out, i will try and get over and help too.
Old 19-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrane View Post
I thought people knew that thats why i think they were asking for work partys to help get it ready, i do not know why you seem so dead against going to eastrax after all it would be nice to have another diffrent track on the calendar as a replacement rather than a track we have all ready raced at.Even if it is a bit worse for wear as you seem to think, its still a good track and everyone has to race on the same track i think under the circumstance Jim has made a good chioce and i can't wait to go.
Regards Darran(Leverton Raceway)
the word your,e looking for is PRINCIPLE.it was they who decided they were not doing offroad anymore so why give them an option to hold one .they could have app;ied like all the other clubs who applied at the start
Old 20-06-2009

Shudave , please read Neds post again .post no 31.
Old 20-06-2009

Out a matter of PRINCIPLE lets run the meeting in Schudaves back garden, if we're really lucky lads we may get a blast on his crack pipe