Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Caldicot Radio Control Car Club

Old 10-07-2011

Default cars at caldicot

hi guys,

am getting bac into the leccy scene so was wondering what cars are run at caldicot?

whats the most common?

what seems to go well there too?

cheers

alex
Old 10-07-2011

Hello,

Well i am running a B4.1 RTR with a few FT bits on and is fine for me to get in the A final of the 2WD most weeks.

What are you planning on getting 2Wd or 4Wd??

Cheers.
Old 10-07-2011

hi alex there is a number of cars runing in the 2wd the b4.1 is the most pop in the 4wd there is the b44.1 schumachers which are pop there are sum tamiya runing hope this helps

JENKINS RACING.png
Old 10-07-2011

well im just on the lookout for something half decent that comes with leccies etc... that i can use to start racing again...

ive been offered a kyosho zx-5 with batteries and full electrics for £150... 5 sets of 3300's, charger etc...

just seeing whats out there really and what comon cars there are at caldicot/cobra as i know some of you go to both....

ive got a hyper st here but want to get back to leccy as its far easier to just get up and go...
Old 10-07-2011
Mad Member

hi alex, the associated b4 and b44, losi 22, and schumacher cats are probably the most common cars at caldicot, with paul knight (trackside spares) able to supply spares for them on club nights. a few run kyosho cars as well.
best to come along on a friday night and have a look.cheers.
Old 10-07-2011

Paul does not sell any Schumacher parts except tyres.

B4 B4.1 for 2WD,
B44 B44.1 for 4WD

Both cars kick ass at Caldicot, as they do anywhere ! Paul keeps all the parts you will ever need for the above cars. They can also be bought from Ebay at good second hand prices.

If you want to get something else new that Paul keeps parts for, the Losi 22 is a good 'other' 2WD. 4WD, still got to be an Associated !!
Old 10-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Associated cars are you're best bet, they're fast, reliable, popular and plenty of setup advice at club along with spares should you need them!
Old 10-07-2011

If your after cars that you can get easy set ups & parts for at local clubs, the B4 & B44 ( and the .1's ) are the most common by far, followed by the Schumachers. Which is handy as all the Schumie drivers in particular have loads of spares for when their cars break

After that are the Losi 22's ( lots of those ) then Tamiyas & X6's. Im pretty sure im the only person running a Kyosho RB5 in the whole South Wales WRCA, and im not sure anyone else has a ZX5 either now, as i tend to run my TRF501x in 4wd ( which is by far the best 4wd... ). If you do run a Kyosho, im about the only local person who might have spares on hand. Unless i forget them, which i tend to do regulary...
Old 11-07-2011

Smile

my associated b44 is in the for sale section if anyone intrested
Old 12-07-2011

yeah i might have to try and pop down on a friday night to seewhat happens down there and to see what everyne is running down there.... might give me an idea of whats good and bad..

do people still run brushed motors nd cells then or is everyone on brushless and lipo??
Old 12-07-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You're more than welcome to come and take a look, plenty of friendly advise and everyone's happy to chat (I'm normally near the computer and encouraging people to marshall!)

Pretty much everyone is on lipos and brushless these days, it just makes for much easier racing.