Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 22-10-2013

Mine was built by the guide and was barking all over the place no matter how tight I set it.
Running a gear diff now.
Old 22-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaank View Post
Mine was built by the guide and was barking all over the place no matter how tight I set it.
Running a gear diff now.
dont over tighten.. pops the clip out
Old 22-10-2013

Changed the clip to Xray and had no problems with the clip.
I'm currently racing on carpet so will probably check that thing out in the spring. The balls should be already toast.
Old 05-11-2013
Mad Member

I've never had to re-build my diff In my 210 built with ceramic balls from new as for ceramic or carbide it's personal choice I think .I've looked in to stocking carbide balls but I can't get anyone to supply the thrust ball sizes also the carbide balls run hotter spraying the lube everywhere but where it should be.

Craig collinson has ran buds balls full ceramic bearings for more than a season without a problem infact when I gave him more he said he didn't need them as the original balls he bought from me a year ago are still perfect!!!

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaank View Post
Changed the clip to Xray and had no problems with the clip.
I'm currently racing on carpet so will probably check that thing out in the spring. The balls should be already toast.
Standard kit balls are rubbish, I replaced them with ceramic ones and never had issues since. When a company releases a kit claiming to be of such a high racing pedigree then you don't expect it to come with such poor quality diff balls.

2011 Muchmore GP 4wd Champion

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 05-11-2013
BANNED

See post 13.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 05-11-2013

Thanks for advice. I will probably try to rebuild it this winter to see if I get it working.

Stu, are you sure there might not be any differences in batches? This was over 2 years ago and lots has changed, including the owner of the company.
Old 06-11-2013
BANNED

The 24hr car is now my rear motor car, I have another build from early this year (mid-motor) that has had both standard ball and gear diffs in, no problems with either.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 11-11-2013
Mad Member

I've noticed a few changes in finish of the driveshafts on my first batch DEX210 vs. recent batch DEX210, but both have the same dimensions and it seems durability too (I did break one in a crash, but that was on my FWD Buggy when the driveshafts were binding because I took wrong measurements).

This also goes for the anodizing finish, the colour seems to differ a bit between different batches but in actual function they're the same.

Also, the later batches of 210 have some reinforcing on the rear shock tower (vertical brace between main body and the small rib that runs over the top of the tower).

On early batches some parts seem a bit more warped than later ones (my wheels were warped so badly I couldn't use them - which they set straight by immediately sending me replacement wheels). This probably happened under pressure to make the shipping deadlines around the release.

Other than that, I haven't spotted differences between my kits

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy