Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 15-10-2013

Default 2WD

Just seen that you can run a 4WD car in the 2WD class now without the driveshafts what a joke and never ending rule changes. Funny that when i did this with the shark it was a problem and the rules got changed but now its ok

Old 15-10-2013

but weren't you allowed to run driveshafts then,and if I remember something about running a one way was what made it an unfair advantage....as you had 4 wheel braking...removing front driveshafts keeps it fair now
~Schumacher KF2~
~Schumacher Atom~
~BSR Basher-RallyX~
~Ascociated RC8.2e RallyX~
~TeamC T8EV3 RallyX~
phat bodies
worm-racing
http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk
Old 15-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The difference between now and then Danny is that now those rules have been voted in by our members, whereas you just snuck it under the radar for the unfair advantage (hence the process of closing any other rule loop holes at the subsequent EGM's).

If anything you helped us a lot; before you entered the 2WD class with your Shark we trusted that our rules were sufficient and that racers would enter into the spirit of the competition. After that round at Leighton Buzzard I realised that there are bad apples out there and that we needed to plug any gaps before they got taken advantage of again (hence all the rule changes the following EGM).

Cant be too bad though, our numbers have pretty much doubled since you lot left us so I aint complaining, joke or not

PS: Next time I see you I'll buy you a pint. Our rules are as tight as a ducks arse now and my life is a lot easier for it each National

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 16-10-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checa View Post
Just seen that you can run a 4WD car in the 2WD class now without the driveshafts what a joke and never ending rule changes. Funny that when i did this with the shark it was a problem and the rules got changed but now its ok
To be fair back then it was unfair, we were running Mini-T Pro's and ZT2's against your 4-wheel braking shark, it was killing a class we were trying to make grow. Since then we've developed Chunk and the top drivers in 2WD have been setting times fast enough to put them in the 4WD A-final, I know I have most nationals!

At the last UK-MicroX Phil Sleigh ran a GT14 converted 2WD. He didn't kill the other 2WD's though, our cars have come on some way since then and I was able to battle Phil in the finals very convincingly. Now we've got a solid foundation for the 2WD class we're able to open up the rules for the people that want to convert their 4WD's.

I'd say if Craig was to run his Chunk, Phil would have a hard job to beat him with his GT14 convert. Our chunk ain't slow that's for sure.

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West
Old 16-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dombrasky View Post
but weren't you allowed to run driveshafts then,and if I remember something about running a one way was what made it an unfair advantage....as you had 4 wheel braking...removing front driveshafts keeps it fair now
You are right i had a one way diff in for ONE 5 min run Which was National rnd 1 and my first qualifier from then on because of the protest i never run that again for the whole season So it was a proper 2WD car (no front drive shafts)

Numbers actually increased for a while as others did the same

Nice little dig at the ESSEX boys that are glad we dont bother anymore because of this attitude

Old 16-10-2013

does this mean that the stacked gearbox rule has been dropped?? it came in just after i finished my homemade 2wd with a tc3 back end, would be great if that is now legal to use!
Old 16-10-2013
Mad Member

Yup, the rules are now open for non stacked gearboxes! Feel free to come and race

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West