Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 18-02-2014

Send a message via Skype™ to Dizzy

Durango are under new ownership and I am not sure how long this has been for. I know that the shop owners haven't even received the new parts lists and I do not believe they can even order spares at this time.

Sure once the new owners are up to scratch customer service will be good.

Just got them at a really bad time. speak to a rc shop and see if they can help out at all.
Old 19-02-2014
Administrator

2 years.
Some blame the manufacturer, some blame their ordering and lack of foresight. They reigned in a LOT after the 408 - they bought so much stock. Personally I think they are too conservative but they also have so many parts (along with new parts) to buy and it's a tiny company.
No doubt right now they are running at a loss since they are working on so much new stuff - with the ARRMA brand also.

They just need to make a few more things like a 410 centre diff conversion (I made one 2 years ago), small bores back - with ally shock caps. Old style 410 shock towers (much stronger). Then a centre one way, front one way and overdrive option.

Personally I think they missed a trick with the centre diff on the V4. Hupo showed how to gain the room for it and keep the strength. My version was too weak to race but I'd really like to race that centre diff on a bumpy track.
Old 19-02-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
2 years.
Personally I think they missed a trick with the centre diff on the V4. Hupo showed how to gain the room for it and keep the strength. My version was too weak to race but I'd really like to race that centre diff on a bumpy track.
Hello jimmy,

Can you please show me some pictures of your centre diff and can you please explan me, what do you mean with "Hupo showed how to gain the room for it and keep the strength."?

Edit: i am working on a centre diff for the 410, for the standard chassis, it should be a direkt replacement of the slipper part, without any other modifications as i have seen over on other threads or on rctech....
As alleady sayed on other threads, i'm not a realy good driver to test it and to assess it, but i have some austrian nats drivers in the club, i would like to race sometimes this summer and i'll give it to them for testing!
I lett you know, when all my parts are in and assambled, like i would like to have....

PS.: sorry for off-topic

Thanks in advance
Mike

My cars:
CatK2/CougarSVR/BossCat/Dex410v3/Dex410v5/Dex210/Dex210F/Yokomo yz-10‘94/Yokomo yz-10‘95/
Old 19-02-2014

I might try them again in a few weeks when its settled down then.
The guys i spoke to were actually helpful, just didnt follow up.
Hope nobody loses their job, but it seems they would benefit from a change in management!