Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 11-06-2008
Mad Member

Default BRCA SE 2WD Regional Round 2 - Eden Park Raceway - Sunday 15 June 2008

As the title suggests, Round 2 of the BRCA SE 2WD Regional Championships at EPR this Sunday.

The last meeting before the 4th round of the BRCA National Championships at this track on 28/29 June 2008!

As with all SE Regionals there will be an Open Class available to those drivers either with 4WD buggies who may wish to race or those from other Regions who may wish to race 2WD.

If there are sufficient numbers of drivers from other Regions with 2WD buggies they will be separated from SE Regional Drivers.

Could all those attending please note that unlike previous events and due to a change in circumstances Eden Park Raceway will not be in a position to provide food and drinks.
Obviously a selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks are available from the on-site clubhouse, well known fast food outlets and garages are within a short distance.

Hope to see an exceptional turnout from both the Regional and 'Guest' drivers on Sunday.
Old 12-06-2008

God help you Steve - asking Ellis for an exceptional turnout could be most unfortunate

Looking forward to it already. See you at the weekend.
Old 12-06-2008

As mentioned elsewhere Team Wardrobe will be making a return, 2wd only for us this season.
Old 12-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sweet, will be good to see you and Toby!!!!
Old 14-06-2008
Mad Member

Being out and about yesterday PM thought it best to advise all attendees of the following.

Tomorrow, Sunday 15 June, is also the date for the Bromley Pageant of Motoring. Now this may not sound too important but it happens to be the world's largest one-day Classic car show!

Affected routes will be those including Bromley Common and Hayes Lane.
We suggest avoiding these areas if at all possible though the early start at EPR may mean that congestion is only due to trades persons and display cars.

Those drivers coming form the north, north east and east we suggest you use the M25 and come off at Junction 4, using the Pratts Bottom (yes really!), Locks Bottom, Coney Hall, West Wickham route suggested on our National details.

On reflection it may prove quite interesting!

See you all SUnday!
Old 14-06-2008

What time can we start getting there Steve?
Old 14-06-2008
Mad Member

Most drivers ordinarily arrived between 0730 and 0800, we would appreciate if drivers do not attend before 0730!

Track is normally open for practice (depending on how much help we get to lay it out!) at around 0830.

Booking-in will commence at around this time.

Hope to see you all there, expecting a reasonable turn-out with the track and it's facilities well on it way towards our National targets!

All drivers please note we will (weather permitting) be operating a full Transmitter pound tomorrow to test the facilities we will be providing for the forthcoming National.
Old 15-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well I had a great days racing!!!! Finished 4th overall, sorry Andy C!!!
I kinda bumped my way through on the start of the 3rd leg then luck shone on me and i finished 3rd in the 3rd leg which gave me 4th, again sorry Andy, I call it a bump, but I was like a freight train coming through haha

The EPR track is just about ready for the National!!! It was nice to see drivers from other regions!! A great warm up day for the National in 2 weeks
Old 15-06-2008

Send a message via AIM to markmarshall

Just to say a well done to the epr boys great days racing and the track was looking good your hard work has payed off
Old 15-06-2008
oOple Advertiser

I love that track!

Well done to all you guys who have put the hard work in! had a really good day.

See you in a couple of weeks
Old 15-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
Well I had a great days racing!!!! Finished 4th overall, sorry Andy C!!!
I kinda bumped my way through on the start of the 3rd leg then luck shone on me and i finished 3rd in the 3rd leg which gave me 4th, again sorry Andy, I call it a bump, but I was like a freight train coming through haha

The EPR track is just about ready for the National!!! It was nice to see drivers from other regions!! A great warm up day for the National in 2 weeks
Yours was only the first carriage of the freight train Dave - it got a little bit rougher after that but hey ho, I just need to be quicker next time so that my car isn't there to begin with

No worries DC. I was gutted to lose 4th overall but I'm old enough and ugly enough to know that it was no more than a racing incident.

Anyhow - that's besides the point.
EPR - what a fantastic place / track / team. The track gets better and better. All you boyz (you know who you are) get my total respect for the levels of effort and commitment you've all put in to make EPR such a terrific place. Thank you all.

Lastly - Niggs - hope you're OK?
Old 15-06-2008
Woop Woop Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Old Dog View Post
Lastly - Niggs - hope you're OK?
i will be m8. think i over did it on sat with my knee although didnt feel it till today by which point it was a little late came home took some pain killers and slept solid till about 4 oclock and although still sore feel much better. cant wait for a couple of weeks time when i can play properly

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 16-06-2008
Banned

just want to say how much i enjoyed yesterday,
thanks to all envolved with the running off the meeting,
i cant believe the pace the midfield had in the a final,
probably the toughest south-east regional A final ive been in,
hats off to all in the final,

trekkker
Old 16-06-2008

i must say it was great to have a crack at the track in the dry its soooooooo fast. real concentration! the track is looking amazing especially the new grass .

i must say ftd qualifying was great!!! really felt like every race had a real purpose flat out and hanging on!!

the finals were awsome had great battles with with mr benfield in the first 2 and in the 3rd till i bottled it( i did it for churchy really hahah next time i see £5 plz) cant wait for the national just praying for the sun to shine!!!

great stuff from all the epr team as per usual
see you in 2 weeks
grant williams
Old 16-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw02veg View Post
i must say it was great to have a crack at the track in the dry its soooooooo fast. real concentration! the track is looking amazing especially the new grass .

i must say ftd qualifying was great!!! really felt like every race had a real purpose flat out and hanging on!!

the finals were awsome had great battles with with mr benfield in the first 2 and in the 3rd till i bottled it( i did it for churchy really hahah next time i see £5 plz) cant wait for the national just praying for the sun to shine!!!

great stuff from all the epr team as per usual
see you in 2 weeks
grant williams
Thanks mate, the cheque is in the post
Old 17-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
Thanks mate, the cheque is in the post
I knew it!

It's a conspiracy man!

Remember - just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get ya!
Old 21-07-2008

Default What tyres?

Hello,

I'm hopefully coming up to the next 2WD Regional meeting 03/08/08 with a B4, was wondering what kind of tyres and insert's work at EPR? Did race here many many years ago but can't remember what we used.lol

I take it I can't use a 3.5T in 2WD or would going 5 cell get over this problem?

Thanks for any advice
Old 21-07-2008
Woop Woop Member

if its dry then shumacher yellows, if its wet then shumacher greens. any of the meduim foam inserts will be fine for them. as for motor, you may be ok with 5 cell but i havent ever tried it so am not sure. with 6 cell it will definatly be to much, most or the top guys only use a 6.5 in there 2wds

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 31-07-2008

I used a 4.5 with 5 cells in a 2wd at EPR & it was way too fast, had to use part throttle on the straight. A 3.5 would be pretty cool with 4 cell I imagine, something like a quick 18 or 19turn, but if you do, make sure you leave the other 2 cells attached for the weight distribution.