Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 12-12-2013

Default Opinions on Yokomo Motors and Speedos

Looking for a change of electrics, having previously used Speed passion, LRP and Orion I've been considering the new Yokomo gear. The Pro 2 and Pro 3 turbo ESCs look as though they are based on the hobbywing design, has anyone got any experiences, good or bad with these and also the motors, which look similar to the HPI Flux and Reedy Sonic.

Just looking at the moment, wanting to get a 2WD and will be looking for a 7.5 or 8.5 setup.

Thanks
Raymond
Old 12-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I run the BL-Pro2 Turbo in my GT12. It's 1-2S capable and used by Naoto to win the 2012 1/12th worlds. I was looking for a 1S speedo at the time, and the hobbywing v3 1S wasn't out yet. It's been great. Very smooth, easy to setup with the program box and tunable. The MAX current and temp log feature is useful to see how it performed in the run, gearing, etc.
I've also used it in my 4wd XB4 and my 2wd bmax2mr. It felt great in them, but I've returned it to GT12 duties now.
It's not a hobbywing clone, but it very similar to the Vampire SR1+, but also includes reverse option.

The newer Yok BL-Pro3+ is a hobbywing v3.1 clone I think. It also has 1S (3.7v) support for 1/12th, unlike the regular hobbywing xerun 120A v3.1, so it's not quite the same.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-12-2013

thanks Neil for the info, I noticed MB are doing both the Pro 2 and 3. Good to know that they are slightly different. I'm wondering which one would be more suited to 10th offroad. Will be using it mainly in 2WD.

Cheers
Raymond
Old 12-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondkerr View Post
thanks Neil for the info, I noticed MB are doing both the Pro 2 and 3. Good to know that they are slightly different. I'm wondering which one would be more suited to 10th offroad. Will be using it mainly in 2WD.

Cheers
Raymond
I'd get a pro 3 if buying again. The pro 2 is good though, really smooth and great tune-ability with current limit and advanced timing.

This should translate if you use chrome, for a bit more info: http://www.teamyokomo.com/product/esc/esc.html

They seem to be a combination of 1S and 2S capability. Slightly different spec's regular hobbywing xerun 3.1 and xerun 1S. I think yokomo have had hobbywing design them to their own spec.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------