Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 03-01-2014

Default Yokomo MR 2Wd kits - Differences.

I am looking to buy my first BMAX-MR 2 Kit. Noticing the Factory Team and then the yet to be released Worlds edition with alloy chassis with kit up.

Does the Factory Team edition come with an Alloy chassis or is it plastic like the standard MR Version 2 ?

Thanks
Raymond
Old 03-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Alloy, with the plastic front piece. Worlds car is the full alloy chassis inc. front kickup.

Edit: MR v1 was plastic chassis with ball diff. MR v.2 kit was alloy chassis and gear diff.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-01-2014
Mad Member

You wont regret it Raymond. Superb kit. If i were you i would spend a bit extra and get the Worlds Kit. I have one on order too. Look superb.
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097

Last edited by discothesnake; 03-01-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-01-2014

Cheers Guys.

Yeah Dave I think its time for a change, kinda getting fed up with the durango stuff and seeing as the V4 wasn't anything groundbreaking I've decided to give something else a try. Not sure if I'll manage to do any proper racing outdoors next year, but for the club I've decided to give 2WD a go. Just waiting on payday next week before I order. Was going for the factory team, no sure about spending more than £300 on a 2WD as I need to get a new speedo and other stuff to, soon mounts up. I'll give it some thought over the next couple of days, I assume the Worlds Kits are coming soon, noticed that the Factory Team kits are just in at MB, not many left though.
Old 04-01-2014

Worlds are available at the beginning of February.

You could buy a Factory kit and, if available (i guess so), buy the worlds chassis seperately. Both chassis are limited, so MB should not be getting more than they have now.
Old 04-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyaflake View Post
Worlds are available at the beginning of February.

You could buy a Factory kit and, if available (i guess so), buy the worlds chassis seperately. Both chassis are limited, so MB should not be getting more than they have now.
will the worlds chassis be available on its own? I though it was exclusive to that worlds kit. its selling point.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-01-2014

I don't know. But what if you have a worn out Worlds chassis, you will have to replace it with a normal chassis? I hope they'll release it seperately, just to buy is it a spare.