Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 22-04-2013

Talking Plough Raceway - May Maddness Meeting!

Hi chaps!

Steve Andrews and I have noticed that there isn't enough racing in this years calender! - So we thought we would hold a bit of a relaxed race on the 19th May.

The idea being that we want to hold meeting to test out some tack layout ideas, and we also thought it would be good for some grass track action! - Also worth noting that the pub is very good too

Race format will be the usual 4 rounds of qualifying, but numbers/weather dependant will dictate the number of finals (I like two finals for all, but we will see what is what on the day).

Venue open from 8.00am
Track/booking in open from 8.30am

Entry free: £4 per driver, juniors free

Please note:-
We have our own timing system, and is not compatible with your personal transponders. - They are old school handouts, so you will be required to make a hole in your wing or other suitable location.

Other info:-
Steve A, Steve D and me will be about at the track on the Saturday (18th) doing a bit of maintenance, so if you need to get out of the chores set for you by the wife, then come on over, your help will be most welcome.

If you need any more information, post on here, or drop me a pm, or give Steve a call.

The obligatory plug for the pub:-
The Plough is a delightful, 16th-century country pub, which enjoys a quiet location set back from the main road, yet within easy reach of the main transport links. The quaint building is of a traditional, local style with very ornate, original window-panes. There is a well-maintained, private garden outside which is great for al fresco drinking and eating in the summer!!

Track location:-
Address: Leigh Road, Hildenborough, Nr. Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9AJ

Located directly on the B245, just a couple of miles northwest of the centre of Tonbridge

How to find the Plough pub: - If you are coming from Tonbridge, head for Hildenborough (B245). You will see Leigh & Penshurst signposted on the left hand side opposite the Flying Dutchman pub. Take this left turn (once on this road DO NOT take the first right signpost for Leigh), keep going straight ahead. Under railway bridge the road will narrow but keep going. The road can be a bit narrow and windy. There is a sharp bend to the right with another lane going straight signposted for the Powder Mills - follow the road to the right and shortly after this the Plough. The car park entrance is just before the pub.
If you're coming from north of Sevenoaks along A21, take exit off A21 for Sevenoaks and Hildenborough and head for Hildenborough (B245). You will eventually (about 2 or 3 miles down that road) see the Flying Dutchman on the left with a road off to the right signposted Leigh/Penshurst. NOTE: There is a road to the right before this one which is signposted for Leigh and Penshurst but please make sure you keep going until you see the Flying Dutchman.
Old 23-04-2013

sounds good
Old 06-05-2013

Sounds like a nice relaxed place to race and I know the pub very well. Might be worth giving it a try!

Muzzoom Models Motorsport
Old 08-05-2013

Thumbs up

Yep, should be a good day! You should come and give it a bash. Might also give you a chancr to have a practice on grass before our up comming regional!
Fyi - the pub is great too
Old 18-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncook View Post
Hi chaps!

Steve Andrews and I have noticed that there isn't enough racing in this years calender! - So we thought we would hold a bit of a relaxed race on the 19th May.

The idea being that we want to hold meeting to test out some tack layout ideas, and we also thought it would be good for some grass track action! - Also worth noting that the pub is very good too

Race format will be the usual 4 rounds of qualifying, but numbers/weather dependant will dictate the number of finals (I like two finals for all, but we will see what is what on the day).

Venue open from 8.00am
Track/booking in open from 8.30am

Entry free: £4 per driver, juniors free

Please note:-
We have our own timing system, and is not compatible with your personal transponders. - They are old school handouts, so you will be required to make a hole in your wing or other suitable location.

Other info:-
Steve A, Steve D and me will be about at the track on the Saturday (18th) doing a bit of maintenance, so if you need to get out of the chores set for you by the wife, then come on over, your help will be most welcome.

If you need any more information, post on here, or drop me a pm, or give Steve a call.

The obligatory plug for the pub:-
The Plough is a delightful, 16th-century country pub, which enjoys a quiet location set back from the main road, yet within easy reach of the main transport links. The quaint building is of a traditional, local style with very ornate, original window-panes. There is a well-maintained, private garden outside which is great for al fresco drinking and eating in the summer!!

Track location:-
Address: Leigh Road, Hildenborough, Nr. Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9AJ

Located directly on the B245, just a couple of miles northwest of the centre of Tonbridge

How to find the Plough pub: - If you are coming from Tonbridge, head for Hildenborough (B245). You will see Leigh & Penshurst signposted on the left hand side opposite the Flying Dutchman pub. Take this left turn (once on this road DO NOT take the first right signpost for Leigh), keep going straight ahead. Under railway bridge the road will narrow but keep going. The road can be a bit narrow and windy. There is a sharp bend to the right with another lane going straight signposted for the Powder Mills - follow the road to the right and shortly after this the Plough. The car park entrance is just before the pub.
If you're coming from north of Sevenoaks along A21, take exit off A21 for Sevenoaks and Hildenborough and head for Hildenborough (B245). You will eventually (about 2 or 3 miles down that road) see the Flying Dutchman on the left with a road off to the right signposted Leigh/Penshurst. NOTE: There is a road to the right before this one which is signposted for Leigh and Penshurst but please make sure you keep going until you see the Flying Dutchman.
hi all just to confirm the meeting is still on tomorrow gates open at 8.30 booking starts at 9.00
see you there
steve.d
Old 19-05-2013

nice little meeting today
Old 17-08-2014

Hi is this club still going? I live in Tunbridge Wells and have been over to the plough on several occasions for a beer and some nice food. And would like to know if the club is still running and how to get involved? My car is a Hong nor X1-CR brushless conversion.

Any info or contact details would be great.

Thanks..
Old 26-08-2014

I guess that's a no then...
Old 27-08-2014

they dont run 8th scale at plough
you`d be better of running at kent which is maidstone not to far away
http://www.kmrc.org.uk/
Old 27-08-2014

Thumbs up

Oh ok thank's I'll take a look.