Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Northern Ireland

Old 01-10-2011

Default DIR Timing System

Well the first night with the new I-Laps timing system at the Drop Inn, Craigavon, last Wednesday wasn't without it's moments!! However the software has been reloaded, instruction manuals read and a new printer purchased. With the help of some of our Junior members earlier this evening we tested the system out with two rounds of heats & finals. System was easy to set up. didn't miss a lap and generally seems pretty impressive. (Once you know how to use it and set it up!). I wouldn't say we are 100% up to speed with it yet, but would be confident we can proceed with our Winter Championship on 12th October as planned. Thanks for your patience with our race control over the past few weeks and months.
Old 02-10-2011
Mad Member

Might miss the next couple of meetings Ed, just to let you guys get up to speed with the new system before I return. Hopefully when it's up and going you will be able to get a bit more racing in yourself.
Old 02-10-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Cardnim

No problems at all Ed, these teething niggles were always going to happen.
Thanks for your (and the guinea pig racers!!) effort setting this up for us.

Thoroughly looking forward to the start of the CHampionship - see you on the 12th!!
Old 03-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Won't make the 12th, but will try hard to make the one after.

CVMCC use a similar setup, and there's a few things to remember:
1) Being infrared based, it requires line of sight. Thus, cars need to be butter-side up to get counted. Therefore, place the loop where accidents are least likely.
2) Set the minimum laptime correctly (just shy of fastest possible lap)- Fivemiletown haven't quite grasped this, and set it too short, meaning a car can get counted twice if it crosses twice, say after a crash.

I hear there aren't many transponders, we could club together and order some personal ones. I hate switching transponders between races, it always leads to cock-ups!

Looking forward to this!

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 03-10-2011

Myself & several other guys on here have I-Laps personal transponders that we have no use for...

(we belonged to a club that has now folded that used the I-Laps system - it was very good - never missed a beat once we got it set up properly)

PM me if you would be interested in one or possibly more of the PTs - I'm sure we could sell them for a fraction of the new price.
Old 13-10-2011

New i-Laps timing system worked perfectly last night, as did new printer. 20 cars, several racers in more than one class. Full night's racing with 3 rounds of qualifying, (4 full heats in each round) and 1 final each. Definitely so far!
Old 13-10-2011

Great enjoyable nights racing Ed !!