Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 15-02-2017

Default 2017 Race Reports

Well following an absolutely cracking full Sunday racing (if you missed it, you missed out) - a little quiet this week which is only to be expected on a Monday night following a full race day on the Sunday so missing quite a few regulars.
Even so 2 busy heats running, a 7 car TC and a 9 car mixed due to the shortage of buggies running 4no Q and 2 leg finals.

Some great racing – particular Q4 when the lead changed between the same 2 cars on around 6 occasions – all clean overtakes!!!! Wish we’d caught that on video.
Also the fastest 3 cars in that round having the exact same best lap times to the hundredth of a second! J

Good to have Dangerous Dave back racing after a few years missing and also Jonathan Cairns back again J

A bit better week for me following missing both finals last week, undriveable in the first round following diff rebuilds, missed the second with a dislodged pivot pin, but back on the pace Q3 & Q4 and a 2nd and 1st giving me my first overall win of the series – which doesn’t really encourage me to bin the vintage Losi and try out the Durango for the first time :-/

Unused Durango anyone ;-)

Can’t wait for next week now!!!
Old 21-02-2017

Series continued last night with a good turn out again resulting in 2 TC & 1 Buggy heats. Even a little ramp for the buggys courtesy of Clarky.

Slippery early on but with grip coming up nicely fairly quickly making some good close racing.

The roughest A final for TC’s I’ve been in for a long time in the second leg with a certain Pikey committing the cardinal sin of driving into the car ahead of him at the first corner of the race causing chaos from which I emerged last!

That wasn’t the only tangle between Hindson and Pikey, with a few more through the race, most of which again collected me and from which I came off worst L

Exactly how the 3 roughest drivers in the race finished an completely un-deserved 1st, 2nd and 3rd I’ll never know but that’s how it ended – Pikey’s rough antics virtually guaranteeing him a win over the series.

Mad Dog – you seem to have lost your “king of the first lap take out” crown LOL – when did we agree to star giving penalties for “avoidable crashes” on the first lap ;-)

See you all next week
Old 23-03-2017

This week was the last round of the winter series – which I guess means it must be almost time to start the spring/summer series!

A good turn out with 2 8 car TC heats and one buggy heat, the buggy lads putting out a jump and rumble to add some interest.

Close racing in both classes through the night with grip levels starting to get pretty high again, high enough to star pulling un-glued tyres off rims on TC’s – maybe worth trying carpet dragons again soon!!!

Good to have a couple of new racers along too with David Li, a face I recognise from my odd visits to Barley Mow coming back for a second week and Jamie Stewart joining us for the first time ( I think – I missed the previous meeting) in the buggy class.

Hopefully a few more buggies next week – see you all then.
Old 28-03-2017

Another busy night this week with 2 TC heats and a busy buggy heat with a few changing classes this week, Mad Dog and Jonny venturing into the buggy class and Richie Junior going the other way.

A hiccup with the loop wire meant not enough time for all the finals so the second leg was combined for the TC guys meaning a very busy but surprisingly clean final considering the range of abilities – possibly helped by a few drop outs from the qualis – me being one of them L

Repairs due – see you all again next Monday.
Old 11-04-2017

A decent turn out last night tho not quite as busy as the previous week. Still 4 heats running tho, 2no TC, 1 buggy & 1 Junior getting 3 Quali & 2 leg finals.

Some more rebuilding needed for me – diffs – but I have 2 weeks to do it as we’re not racing next Monday – for those who are new to the club, we never race bank holidays – so see you all in 2 weeks.
Old 17-05-2017

A reasonable turn out this week requiring 4 heats tho I think 3 would’ve been ok. A shortened track due to damage to hall lighting meaning that a small area was off limits but still enough to race – I’m assured it’ll be sorted for next week – while we can work around it, pretty much all other bookings have had to be cancelled so I’m sure it’ll be sorted ASAP!

A few new racers, Richard & Gary - last night and a few new/old visitors, hopefully Lee Jarvis will dig out his TC from retirement and join in the racing after what he saw last night, maybe even Paul Morrison might be tempted back after a first visit in maybe 4 years!

Even Kev Brewer paying an occasional racing visit J

Another shocking night for me, least I think I’ve found the cause of my woes, or Scowen spotted it anyway!

See you all again next Monday