Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Mansfield RC Club

Old 22-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Default Meeting 23-11

Following on from last weeks great meeting where we had more drivers than I can remember before, come down and have a race with pretty much any electric car you want

We aim to get racing by 7, doors open at 6 and help to get the track set up is greatly appreciated

Last week we managed to pretty much get novices and pro's in separate heats so whatever your ability you will be welcome

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 22-11-2011

I would just like to back up Johns comments about what a great turn out it was last week. Getting set up was very quick as most people who had got there early pitched in and in about 45 mins we had gone from empty room to carpet down and track built event though we found out we had two different plans we were all working from so it made for a good circuit being built.

Every type of electric car and truck was there last week and all skill level as well so it made for a fun night and and lots of help for us novice drivers.

I won't be able to stay late as got to go to work early but I will be there to help set up and for a few races.

So lets keep it up and keep up the numbers attending.

Andy
Old 22-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to get there tomorrow but working on it........:-(

My feedback
Old 24-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

How did it go last night? wish I could have been there, but back next week

My feedback
Old 25-11-2011

Wasn't as busy as the week before but still a good night. I was the only driver with a short course truck so had the race with the 2 wd crew. To be honest we had some good races another enjoyable race night.
Old 25-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

that's good then, seems to be a lot of drivers on shifts etc so there's always going to be more one week than another.

When I first started we sometimes only had about 7 drivers and I was the only off roader so things on the up!

My feedback
Old 25-11-2011

i actually got three rounds and 1 final by 9.15pm before i had to go to work so not bad at all bud a good nights racing had
Old 25-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano43 View Post
i actually got three rounds and 1 final by 9.15pm before i had to go to work so not bad at all bud a good nights racing had
can't ask for more than that mate

Looking forward to next week

My feedback
Old 25-11-2011

I cannot wait until next week as well. I could'nt get down last week due to a few things but mainly work etc.
But next week I will have the rebuilt Durango 410r that Jason raced after he broke his own buggy. Jason did'nt break my 410r but I had only had it delivered last tue and it was just quickly put together to bring to the wed club night and it was in a very poor state due to it hard and un cared for life before it was put on ebay. But now it has had all it's worn out bits replaced which was most of it. I have just had a test drive tonight and it is now ready to race. So roll on Wednesday night, but now I think I need to get my L plates out and learn to drive.

Andy
Old 25-11-2011

I will be there for the next wednesday night.

As i have no off road buggy at the moment i will bring my 1/12 pan car and race with the TC's.

Its really good to see everyone new and old working together to make the club the best in our area.

All we need now is to build the new ramps for the club and we will be rocking.

Old 25-11-2011

Hi Jason

If you want you can race my 410r again if you want as I can race my short course Durango. I think I need to learn to drive that before I try to get into driving the 410R.
As for the jumps I have got some MDF that need a good home so if someone has some ideas of what ramps or jumps need making I might be able to help out.

Andy
Old 25-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty15 View Post
Hi Jason

If you want you can race my 410r again if you want as I can race my short course Durango. I think I need to learn to drive that before I try to get into driving the 410R.
As for the jumps I have got some MDF that need a good home so if someone has some ideas of what ramps or jumps need making I might be able to help out.

Andy
Thanks for the offer Mate.

I prob need the practise with my 1/12 pan car tbh.

As for the ramps we want BIG AIR lol

We are in the planning stage of getting some drawings together then after that we will have some kinda ramp building night at the club i think.
Matt also is willing to offer his services and tools.

Old 25-11-2011

My dad is a joiner aswell and would be willing to offer his labour. Well I'll offer his labour but he would be willing to help........ I need some advise to on what replacement tyres to get for my stada sc evo s please
Old 25-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by a8jpn View Post
My dad is a joiner aswell and would be willing to offer his labour. Well I'll offer his labour but he would be willing to help........ I need some advise to on what replacement tyres to get for my stada sc evo s please
I am unsure about SC tyres sorry.

Garath is the man to talk to about that

And great the more help the better.

Old 30-11-2011

Probably wont make it tonight, but hope there is more of an effort to help setup this week, when we turned up there was muzzy( excuse me if i've spelt that wrong ) and some others there, however no one was helping out until a8jpn and I got there..... So what practise time could have been had was lost whilst everyone else prepped their cars....which we did after the track was ready.

Be great if some of the regulars helped out a bit more not a criticism but annoying for those wanting practise out of the experienced drivers way,

The non helpers pretty much sod off without packing away also, so not really feeling the club spirit. Love coming but hey it needs everyone to pitch in, not just the noobies

That said hope everyone enjoys tonight...Be back for next week I hope

Ebay Feedback http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/chrisfoster1971
Old 30-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

I really don't understand why EVERYONE doesn't help get the track set up. There is not a designated person or people to set up each week, it's down to us all to help out and get set up as quick as possible, and this will benefit us ALL in a more relaxed night and earlier finish.

I know and understand that some have to leave early for shift work or getting kids to bed etc etc, and that some arrive late for similar reasons, this can't be helped and isn't a problem. What is a pain in the arse is people who get there early and don't help, but strangely are always first out for a practice!

So as said before lets get there, get set up and all of us have a good night's racing, if we all help more of us will get 3 heats and a final, including the ones who have to leave for work etc

My feedback
Old 30-11-2011
oOple Advertiser

Tonight we didn't have a huge number of drivers but everyone got stuck in and helped, and the outcome was we got racing by 7, had 4 heats and a final all finished and packed away by 10.00.

Can't say fairer than that, brilliant!

My feedback
Old 02-12-2011

A great nights racing I agree. When asking a club member about extra practise time on another night to be told that the club has always done it this way and that there r other clubs out there. I personally think that is not a very good answer just because it's always been done this way doesn't mean it can't change and if we wanted to go somewhere else we would all in all very poor answers and why tell people to go else where shouldn't you/we be encouraging more people to come and not turning them away........
Old 03-12-2011
oOple Advertiser

Well you can race on a Tuesday at Grantham, Wed at Mansfield, Friday at West Bridgeford, Saturday night at Broxtowe and many Sundays will have racing at Worksop, Broxtowe (outdoor) West Bridgeford (indoor)

None of the above do practice nights / days, and every club I've raced at over the last 28 years has had a fixed weekly race night.

The club has invested big money in the carpet etc, and while I'm not suggesting for one second you would damage it, we have to keep tabs on how and when the stuff is used. None of the committee have the time during the week to attend another night. (I have asked)

I can't answer for any other clubs but I'll bet you a free nights racing they would ALL say it's not feasible.

My feedback
Old 03-12-2011

That's fine I can live with a straight answer and explanation. Just seemed like the original question off practise nights was being answered with a fob off. A straight answer if ok by me