Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/18th & Micro stuff

Old 05-04-2010

Default why no ifmar micro worlds

hi guys was wondering why there dosnt appear to be a world championship for micro cars the top drivers from around the world racing to become micro world champion what a fantastic idea what about it ifmar?
Old 05-04-2010

Send a message via MSN to JonMack Send a message via Skype™ to JonMack

The only countries which race Micro seriously are UK, Germany and Sweden. We all run different rules to my knowledge, but with any luck in a few years there could be Micro Euros, watch this space...
Old 05-04-2010
Mad Member

The US, Belgium, Japan and Australia also run micro's at some clubs on a regular basis. That's enough countries for a good Worlds event.

The only reason why it hasn't been done is because no one has done it. Simples. Are you volunteering Craig? Maybe you should get that elusive charity meeting over and done first
Old 05-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger View Post
The US, Belgium, Japan and Australia also run micro's at some clubs on a regular basis. That's enough countries for a good Worlds event.

The only reason why it hasn't been done is because no one has done it. Simples. Are you volunteering Craig? Maybe you should get that elusive charity meeting over and done first

noooooooooooooooo lol im working on the charitty meet but ive got some personal issues i need to sort out first but i am working on it only posted this as i found it strange that most classes have a worlds but not in micro i think it would also benefit the manufacturers as they could release ''worlds edition'' kit verstions of their cars as losi and j-concepts did in 10 th with the xx4 and bj4
Old 06-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:

Seriously Carl, where do you get these opinions from? They are very damaging...you know?

The reason it hasnt been done (an IFMAR Worlds) is because IFMAR dont 'recognise' the Micro section.

You cant have an IFMAR worlds without IFMAR.....

If it was as simple as booking a hall and getting a handful of foreigners over I think I could quite easily do that, but it isnt that 'simples'.

Honestly, I think you should get yourself onto the Committee, get yourself involved with the inner workings of all this and you will soon realise that the opinion of how it all works from the outside is VERY much different to how it actually works on the inside.

You are an influencial man within this Section, and your comments about how it hasnt been done cos nobody has bothered yet etc dont do us any favours.

Leave this stuff to the people who have the ability to organise such an event cos the whole "we dont need the BRCA"/"organising a worlds in easy"/"theres no enthusiasm in the section" posts are wholly incorrent.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Forums are better than Facebook groups
Old 06-04-2010
Mad Member

Yet another prime example of how you take everything in a negative light and too personally. You just love to make more of people's words than what there are and you wonder why there is upheaval. I did not say anywhere in my post that no one can be 'bothered'.

If you actually re-read my post in a positive way then it says no more than 'if anyone wants to do it then it can be done'. And it is actually quite simple in comparison to many other far more serious things not worth talking about on a radio control forum.

It doesn't matter squat whether IFMAR recognises micro's now or not. If that is part of the process then all that needs doing is to actually start the process of getting them to recognise it. Assumingly there are steps before that and again, all it needs is someone to start those steps.

Who knows, maybe the process is underway but it has not been said anywhere which doesn't make those of us that don't know ignorant as it's not our jobs to know, it only means we have not been informed.

Before Rome was built it was exactly the same thing, no one had done it yet but hey ho, in the end someone got off their rear ends and actually did it.

My accelerated life experience far exceeds yours old boy, I've told you before, maybe it's time you stop acting so negatively and over emotionally.
Old 06-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Life experiences are irrelevant. You know nothing of my life experiences except for the fact that 5 years ago there were no big scale micro meetings etc and then I got an RC18T...
I dont see why you keep bringing up this "life experience" thing?

Rest assured that "the process" is underway, and is very much dependant on the out come of the EGM.

Maybe I do take some things to heart, but maybe that is because I am passionate about what I have done over the last 5 years and am passionate about the next 5 years.

I have no financial interest in this section, nothing to be gained by doing what I do, I also see myself moving ever closer to a permanent B-final spot. I just want to ensure that the next 5 years of the micro section are as prosperous as the last 5 years.

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 06-04-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Old 06-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0sie View Post
Life experiences are irrelevant.

Maybe I do take some things to heart, but maybe that is because I am passionate about what I have done over the last 5 years and am passionate about the next 5 years.
No it's not infact. The appropriate life experience would have taught you by now that if you act overly emotional in certain circumstances and react in certain ways then you won't actually make any forward progress. All you'll end up doing is alienate some of those people that support you the most. It's sometimes better to take a step back, assess from a distance and then as difficult as it might be react in a positive way.
Old 06-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

You have PM, old man

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 06-04-2010
Mad Member

Don't be shocked Mark, me and Oxman love each other really. This is a little bit like pre-EGM foreplay for a lack of a better description
Old 06-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

HAHA!! @ pre-EGM foreplay!

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 06-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Quote:
Life experiences are irrelevant. You know nothing of my life experiences except for the fact that 5 years ago there were no big scale micro meetings etc and then I got an RC18T...

Rest assured that "the process" is underway, and is very much dependant on the out come of the EGM.

I have no financial interest in this section, nothing to be gained by doing what I do, I also see myself moving ever closer to a permanent B-final spot. I just want to ensure that the next 5 years of the micro section are as prosperous as the last 5 years.

if you book it they will come lol

If there was a worlds it would be very cool
Old 06-04-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Would the event initially have to be IFMAR related? Build it and they will come ;-). How about an old-style reedy invitational to start? With top 30 drivers from each country over a weekend meeting?
Old 06-04-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

you don't require IFMARS permission to have a worlds, just look at the stock and oval section, and the bikes.
Old 06-04-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
you don't require IFMARS permission to have a worlds, just look at the stock and oval section, and the bikes.
Correct
Old 06-04-2010
Banned

Quote:

terribly ironic, self-absorbed, and superficial that anyone could suggest that the world stopped
and micro-racing started just because THEY bought an RC18T.............rofl

Quote:
No it's not infact. The appropriate life experience would have taught you by now that if you act overly emotional in certain circumstances and react in certain ways then you won't actually make any forward progress. All you'll end up doing is alienate some of those people that support you the most. It's sometimes better to take a step back, assess from a distance and then as difficult as it might be react in a positive way.
still nothing like two girls going at it........... ya'll should break out the handbags
Old 06-04-2010
Banned

Old 06-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Wow, a forum that hasnt banned you yet Rob.

There's always one, right?

Currently:
JQ fan.
Bellend.

Old 06-04-2010
Banned

Naw...... there are a few not moderated by women permanently on the rag, or funny-looking guys with a complex, where men can discusss things like adults, nor are required to take Cris's word as God's.