Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 29-10-2007
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

i think it may be a idea to do a poll, or something like that and ask what would bring in more drivers/races, or ask why people have stopped coming, whats keeping them away.
Old 29-10-2007
Mad Member

Me and half a dozen of the lads from mansfield were on about doing bury in the not too distant future so I'll talk to them and if weather is reasonable I cant see why we wouldn't give it a go.
Old 29-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
I live 2 miles away, but if Bury don't want a national for 2008 there is no point in me going. I need to get results and to do that I need to practice on the tracks that are going to hold them.

There are many other racers like this, lots infact. The trouble is now there is not enough 'new blood' to build the core of the racing loyalty, there is no structured club series, and there is no shop in Bury selling kits to introduce new comers like Ste Glover used to.

Id like Bury to survive, but it needs a core loyalty like Southport have, as it can't rely on the racers who have no loyalty and will basically go where the biggest race will be, or where the practice will be useful for a national.

Chris
I can't count on your "loyalty" then can I Chris ??
Old 29-10-2007

Quote:
Rob , long before you got involved with your token effort, Me and my parents took control of the club when Ste Glover left it to fall by the wayside, and the club never shut, it changed its name from Bury Model Shop Buggy Club to Bury Metro Radio Car Club. We got the rent reduced from an astronomical figure.

SO don't pull that card out, it doesn't go down well with me, especially when you put no prep work into the track for the national - yes, I WAS there for that along with the Woody's, Stu Hurley, several members...

If I was still racing at just regional and club level, then I certainly would commit myself to helping Roger & Stu, as I see it, the real committee is mainly just father & son and they don't get the help required which is a shame, so when the national and NE regional comes around, it goes back to my dad, John O'Connor and volunteers to assist Roger & Stu, they end up frustrated and unappreciated and national doesn't get applied for.
You can't do the track up to National standard with ONE days work.
Even grass grows 24/7/365
Old 29-10-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Have you ever?
But if I can get the lads from York over and the weather in our favour, I am very likely to be there.
Old 29-10-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Well! this is whats going to happen. IF nobody comes racing then WE dont put in for a big meeting. When the committee dont even help most of the time, WHATS the point. MY Dad( Roger ) has kept this club open for TOO long with only a handfull of people turning up every week and even they are now going else where. Just think about it? Who is going to do it if Roger just decides not to come anymore? NO ONE. It will close and there is not going to be a club. WE do have a GREAT oppotunity right now as the Counsil have offered to make us a new track! I dont know how far this is off but it is there. If no body races, then whats the point of a new track? This is a club members club and if there is no members then there is no club. Get It!!!!!!!!!!!! IF you want the club to stay then please come to the meeting.
Wrong there Stu. The new track will only happen IF the Gymnastics club get a new building.
Old 29-10-2007

Quote:
My bad, sorry Rob.

Anyway, the 18th suits me, weather permitting I will be there.... and will try to persuade some of the York lads to come too.

Good news on the tracks Stu. If it does go ahead, then count me in for helping out on Saturdays and evenings on weekdays.
What will you do Chris ? come and watch the paint dry ?
Old 29-10-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The race controller View Post
What will you do Chris ? come and watch the paint dry ?
Nah, you've just changed my mind, but thanks for the offer.
Old 29-10-2007

this thread has totally lost me
alot of ppl came down for the week prior to the national (me included) thats why it looked so amazing.
anyways, im alwayz availible for trackwork sat/sun you just need to let me know stu/roger
so lets get some dates set and race again its a shame because its such a great track!
Old 29-10-2007

wtf ?

I'm not taking sides, and its not my place to, but comments made are hardly ore inspiring, i thought were trying to get people to come not scare them off,

thats just about flattened that one
Old 30-10-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
i thought were trying to get people to come not scare them off,

thats just about flattened that one
I agree i think this thread is harming the club rather than supporting it.
Old 30-10-2007

ok lets see if we can get this one back on track,

my thoughts and no finger pointing here,
what puts me and matty of from coming,
bury track has become and has got, such a reputation for being a car breaker, it puts me of,matty wants to race not drive over obsticles,
and comments like well if you dont like it dont come, dont help guys,but may be comments like well if you dont like it we can have a track fixing day, and post on here when its happening may do, and then may be the guys will come over to sort it out,
hopefully, bury is were i spent all my early days racing, it was and still could be one of the top uk tracks.
Old 30-10-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to mole2k

As a complete outsider the comments in this thread certainly wouldnt inspire me to go the track was In over in England looking to race...

www.rcbearings.co.uk
Old 30-10-2007

I do agree with you here carl, but i dont think a track can ever be perfect, and everyone has an opinion on whats right or wrong with a track.
Bury has always been a true offroad track, and has had parts of the track added to keep the racing interesting and challenging.
at the end of the day theres no point in keeping people happy with track changes and maintainance if people wont turn up, i think thats why roger/stu are so angry.theres not enough loyalty within the club

This thread was never intended to create an argument, just to try and get a few meetings over the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
ok lets see if we can get this one back on track,

my thoughts and no finger pointing here,
what puts me and matty of from coming,
bury track has become and has got, such a reputation for being a car breaker, it puts me of,matty wants to race not drive over obsticles,
and comments like well if you dont like it dont come, dont help guys,but may be comments like well if you dont like it we can have a track fixing day, and post on here when its happening may do, and then may be the guys will come over to sort it out,
hopefully, bury is were i spent all my early days racing, it was and still could be one of the top uk tracks.
Old 23-03-2008

Send a message via MSN to rallymadryan

well ill do watever it takes to get people to come back to bury,,this year is meant to be my first season and id like to be racing at bury with lots of other people in competetive racing will that happen tho