Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Hot Bodies / HPI

Old 09-03-2009

Looks like they are avaliable now ,

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=16567
Old 21-03-2009

I just found a pic from Travis Amezcua's painter, post #315 first pic, middle body.
Im pretty sure that is a Cyber10b body.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting...cs-com-11.html
Old 21-03-2009

Send a message via ICQ to Scouser

The side pods and vents plus the roof scoop look like a stock D4 shell to me dude. I could be wrong though, it has happened before!
Old 21-03-2009
Administrator

D4, Cyber10B, RB5?
Old 21-03-2009

im looking at the motor mount hoping it might fit the d4 as the std d4 is a pain to get motors in and out.
and 65 other pre 1998 iconic rc cars....

Nosram Novak Orion lrp Reedy Turnigy Futaba Schumacher proline

ACTIVE SCALE MODELS.CO.UK........better than some other model shop's ive been too...
Old 21-03-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

Has it got a slipper?
Old 24-03-2009

Hey guys, thought I'd share a few pics of the Cyber10B that I finished and ran over the weekend.

Off body pics...

Spoolio - no, it doesn't come with a slipper. The manual lists a Cyber10B specific slipper that I believe will come with orange anodized bits. However, that doesn't seem available yet so I've fit a D4 slipper in there.
Old 24-03-2009
Mad Member

What does it drive like, how did you get on?
Old 24-03-2009

It drove very nicely. Accelerated well and tracked straight. Felt confident through the corners. Surface where we ran was quite bumpy but the suspension held it's own. The plastic shocks may not be as sweet as aluminum ones, but they do their job respectably. The car was generally able to keep up with a pack of cars which included the ZX5-SP and B44.

The wing mount is a little floppy which shouldn't be difficult to remedy... but those using box-shaped lipos should take care to space the battery far forward enough as it runs very close to the rear drive cup. Lipo battery fitment is a bit of a chore because it doesn't "hold down" different sized lipos easily. I ended up using a bit of sponge to fit slightly smaller lipo casings but because it's a side-loading battery compartment it's not that easy to do (as opposed to top-loading). I suppose some sort of thumb screw setup might allow more flexibility.
Old 24-03-2009

BloodClod looking very nice. Where were you racing it at the weekend? IMO the car has real potential, agree with the lipo fitment if you have different size lipos you might need to make some spacers to take away the play but once set then the car looks really good

TLR - Horizon Hobby - Spektrum - Dynamite
Old 24-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy reeves View Post
BloodClod looking very nice. Where were you racing it at the weekend? IMO the car has real potential, agree with the lipo fitment if you have different size lipos you might need to make some spacers to take away the play but once set then the car looks really good
I'm over at sunny Singapore and since there aren't official 1/10 buggy races currently we have our own informal races among friends on the weekends. IMO the car falls into the same class as the DB01:
- sealed drivetrain that should mean more runs between rebuilds
- suspension with competition level DNA which means a great base to start with
- mid-level buggies which allow buyers to get a capable buggy without paying big bucks upfront for a top-class buggy. Add options as skills / budgets allow.
- those looking to buy these and hop them up from the start will find that they aren't that "budget" any more and can easily cost more than a top-end buggy.

I love my DB01 and it's been an amazing buggy. The Cyber10 may be more costly than the DB01 but IMO it actually requires less to get it ready to race. In my book the DB01 needs a slipper, front universals and a set of proper shocks... but the Cyber seems to do well with just the addition of the slipper.
Old 24-03-2009
Mad Member

will the gearbox tops fit the d4 with no mods
Old 24-03-2009

Interested to see what the compatibility with the D4 is aswell. Wishbones, cvd's, slipper clutch etc.
Old 25-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
will the gearbox tops fit the d4 with no mods
I don't have a D4 but I'm doubtful they will as the transmission on the Cyber is different. To accomodate the battery placement the center spur/slipper assembly is raised and the rear gearbox output is angled upwards as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
Interested to see what the compatibility with the D4 is aswell. Wishbones, cvd's, slipper clutch etc.
Well... according to HPI's site : CVDs, Slipper, One-way... I believe the wishbones will fit too.

The stock spur on the Cyber is 84T though and I don't think the D4 has a spur that big. The D4 slipper I bought came with an 80T spur which was actually better for my gearing.
Old 25-03-2009

Yup, looks like there are a ton of parts from the D4 that will work. Cheers for that dude, I hadn't noticed they had updated the HPI site.
Old 01-04-2009
Mad Member

Anybody with inside knowledge know when we'll be getting them in the UK?
Old 01-04-2009

mirage have them listed on their site so should be available. rrp 199
lil more than i expected but things are getting expensive at the mo
Diementia would like to invite you to vote for us on Total Biker FM here : http://lnk.ms/TPsV9 and share this link. Please also share this link.Thankyou for your support \m/ www.reverbnation.com/diementia
Old 02-04-2009

Default cyber 10b on its way

anyone know upgradeds will be to get like shocks i am thinkin about fitting some old b44 shocks on it my friend has,should i worry about a new slipper clutch since it is without one?Can i damage anything without using a slipper????knida of a newbiw to4wd rc10 gold pan was my last runner.
Old 03-04-2009
Mad Member

If what we've read so far is to be believed it won't necessarily need alloy shocks. Don't know if the CML team did the York 24 hours on plastic shocks or D4 ones but that might be a good indicator. Would have thought a slipper would be essential if you intend to use a motor with some grunt. Suspect they didn't include one for cost reasons and maybe because the target market is more slanted towards bashers rather than out and out racers in which case not having a slipper isn't such an issue.
Old 03-04-2009
Mad Member

Id be worried if the cml team used a hpi hb mirage and yes they did use d4 shocks i think the car is a little over priced £25 £30 cheaper it would have been worth it take a look at yokomo champ pack for £250 you get shocks full roll bar kit slipper cluch. to upgrade the 10b you woud need to spend shocks £40 front kit £41 rear kit £45 slipper set kit £8 for sway bar set to bring up to the same spec as the b max total of £199 for car plus £134 for upgrades a wopping £333 or a d4 wce for £349. tough choices. dont get me wrong for a bog standard begginers kit its pretty good but for competion there is not much point.

stu