Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 27-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislong View Post
Ive not seen you race for ages mate, are you back?
Well.... as for your wife, im sure she would love to stop nagging & you probably deserve it though...

Not back full on, Just now and then - but the A final dream is still there- just a longer pipe dream now
Old 27-05-2009

Anyway my point remains, Schumacher ought to always have stock of parts for their most recent kit!

Whilst I'm here, anyone know if traxxas parts are hard to get in the UK? Want to buy an eRevo brushless but if parts are a problem maybe not!
Old 27-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

is that the limited edition E-revo with the Castle Creations unit in? its a MONSTER of a truck, I love it, and we have one in stock. Getting Traxxas spares generally seems to be easy enough. They are very strong anyway.
Old 27-05-2009

Chris what colour is it?

Also do you know if I can get trakpower 4900's in without butchering the battery holder? I've seen pics in the US where they have dremelled it to death but I was wondering if I could get the battery in using a L type corally connected to a traxas battery plug. Wonder why there isn't a traxxas section on oople as I know we've just gone savagely off topic.
Old 27-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

jEEEEZ, You had to go and make me look at it again, I love it!!!

Its Blue and Black.

The cell compartments are both 28mm high approx, height of 4900 2s trakpowers are 23mm, so yeh its certainly do-able. There are some vents into the cell compartment where the L connectors could go through..... infact, what you are suggesting is exactly what I was talking about with Ryan here last week..
Old 27-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

We measured the compartments last week, because Trakpower list Traxxas cells designed for the VXL, but the compartments are not tall enough for these in the E-revo.
Old 27-05-2009

arghhh gonna have to think hard about ordering this now!
Old 27-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Have a look on the Traxxas website, there are some video's of it on there in action and it looks to go as amazing as it looks!
Old 27-05-2009

Quote:
Have a look on the Traxxas website, there are some video's of it on there in action and it looks to go as amazing as it looks!
Yeah I've watched that about 10 times since Christmas when I wanted to buy it originally! Thing is I find I don't have time to race so am bashing my CAT, but its shell is getting a battering as its a bit low riding for the terrain near me. Just not sure its sensible to buy another car given how short on time I am already My neighbour came out with me on Sunday though with his Tamiya POS. Once trying my CAT he is pretty keen to get an eRevo so hoping he will pull the trigger first and I can then make a decision and verify that the trakpowers definitely fit without butchery... I'll point him at you guys if he does, although I want blue so would prefer he got a different colour lol.
Old 28-05-2009

I can resist everything except temptation.

Just pulled the trigger on that e-Revo Brushless! Neighbour very jealous. Are you getting more stock Chris?
Old 28-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cool , make sure to take some photos and videos.

Josh tends to stock parts and upgrades for most things, so I can't see why not with this. If you do see anything then do pop him an email with the part number (josh@jespares.com) and he'll get it. The thing is, ive just found full time employment, im not sure if this particular job is for me just yet but im in need of money (and I am extremely grateful to Woody for recommending me), but now I am working I won't be at JEspares. Although I may go in for the odd Saturday here and there, and if business picks up I have told Josh im keen to work for him full time as its an ace shop and enjoyable work.... in the meantime, do ask me stuff, I do remain supportive to the shop and can find out stuff ofcause.
Old 28-05-2009

Good luck with the new job! Running a model shop seems more like a labour of love than a route to millions in the bank so its nice to support them. I only ordered from Josh because you posted here and it helps the website was easy to navigate

Will have to order from DMS too at some point!
Old 28-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well thanks mate glad we (JE) could help. Hope it arrives quickly and let me know just how jealous your neighbour is. Its a fantastic machine, very impressive, if it was mine the time spent with it not running id spend looking at it.
Old 29-05-2009

I think neighbour will be buying one as long as this isn't a complete turkey

Josh was saying he thought this was a limited edition model, but I don't get that impression from the marketing. Anyway hope not as that wouldn't bode well for parts supply.
Old 29-05-2009

well its arrived. Waiting for when I escape work!
Old 29-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yeh I thought the same as Josh, I think the chassis and stuff is not limited, just the fact that it has the castle creations combo unit in there. I was under the impression it'll have there own or another unit in there which will be the unlimited edition.
Old 31-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Dave, thankyou my point exactly, we are both a walk in store (30% of our business), online webshop (65%) and trackside store at the weekends (5%) this system just is not viable for us at present as I mentioned above, maybe we should stop supporting the meetings (I dont think so) then the stock never leaves the building though.
This would be possible to accomplish in a number of ways though, if it's worth the effort is another thing.. but let's say you plan to go to a meeting and bring a lot of parts. Then the system only needs to have a function which enables you to "tag" or temporarily "check out" the items which you bring to the track. Let's say you bring a quantity of 5 items of a specific article. If there was 10 available at the store, then as soon as you "check out" the parts i.e when you close the store on friday or something, the web shop now says 5 items are available. When coming back on monday, remaining items are checked back into the system. Depending on the sheer number of items you actually bring to the track though, this might be more or less of a realistic option. The process for tagging / grouping checking out parts could also be made more or less automated for repetative use.

Another solution is of course to equip all items with bar codes and log all purchases. Either stay online all the time through a laptop with 3G modem or periodically check in the purchases being made every hour or so.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it is infact possible through clever use of software, it all depends on wether it's worth the effort or not.
Old 31-05-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pUs View Post
This would be possible to accomplish in a number of ways though, if it's worth the effort is another thing.. but let's say you plan to go to a meeting and bring a lot of parts. Then the system only needs to have a function which enables you to "tag" or temporarily "check out" the items which you bring to the track. Let's say you bring a quantity of 5 items of a specific article. If there was 10 available at the store, then as soon as you "check out" the parts i.e when you close the store on friday or something, the web shop now says 5 items are available. When coming back on monday, remaining items are checked back into the system. Depending on the sheer number of items you actually bring to the track though, this might be more or less of a realistic option. The process for tagging / grouping checking out parts could also be made more or less automated for repetative use.

Another solution is of course to equip all items with bar codes and log all purchases. Either stay online all the time through a laptop with 3G modem or periodically check in the purchases being made every hour or so.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it is infact possible through clever use of software, it all depends on wether it's worth the effort or not.
Thanks for the input, although the sheer amount we take to the meetings would possibly be a problem for us.

We take a "full shop" not just a few odd spares, plus we would have to look into the cost and time involved to implement such a system before it would become a real possability, it already taks us most of monday and somtimes into a tuesday to get all the stock unloaded and back onto the shelves properly, any more admin would only slow this up even more sadly.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 31-05-2009

Quote:
Well thanks mate glad we (JE) could help. Hope it arrives quickly and let me know just how jealous your neighbour is. Its a fantastic machine, very impressive, if it was mine the time spent with it not running id spend looking at it.
You are right it is a fantastic machine. The design is very advanced with push rod suspension etc. Clearly big budgets+heavy R&D were involved in creating it.

Being new to modern RC, the thing that surprised me most was how different it drives to the CAT. It weighs a LOT more and you can really feel that in the controls and how it responds + jumps. I was wondering if it would make the CAT feel redundant, but totally the opposite. I love the way the cat is so light on its feet whereas this is a real bruiser. It just eats up a rutted bit of grassy scrub land where the CAT gets tossed all over the place. In fact I can drive in this area pulling massively long wheelies it is so stable+large+heavy, in contrast the CAT can easily get flipped there unless I get the opp lock in just right when it gets launched sideways etc.

I have it setup with the more conservative spur and 2x 2s 4900 trackpowers. Still more than fast enough for where I was playing and I could make it 20% faster just using the included optional spur. 6S must be insane.

Unfortunately, it took me about 10 mins to break it broke an outer UJ on the rear axle. This is a little ironic as I bought this car to keep the CAT intact as the CATs custom painted shell was getting battered from bashing. Someone had built up some pretty big jumps at my normal bashing spot and I couldn't resist. I didn't do any terrible landings but half way through I spotted a drive shaft was hanging out... Not sure why it broke although I then realised the wheel nuts weren't tight from the factory - doh!

Anyway love the car, shell is already scratched from sliding along a carpark 3m on its roof. Oh well! Maybe some ARBs would help with that...

Also gonna order some 9000mah 2S SMC packs from the US. Should give me massive run times even if they are a bit heavy. Can then keep the trakpowers for my CAT!
Old 31-05-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sounds like you been having a scream mate! thats what it is for anyway. Well sorry to hear about the driveshaft. If you send the Part# to sales@jespares.com we'll get some in. If you want something harder, someone must do an upgrade, there is always insane amount of upgrades, roll cages and stuff for these...