Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 08-04-2011

Default Short Course ! oh dear i need help !

Ok so I've got thorough as many past threads as i can before i drive myself insane. Yet i seem none the wiser on what 4x4 short course to buy. I want a 1/10th electric and have electrics, please don't blast me and tell me to read the past threads, just link me a thread and i'll read it and see if it suits me.

I have an ezrun 5.5t motor and 100A HOBBYKING esc and some 2s 5000mah lipos and just need a good short course that is robust/good for bashing and still good if I get into racing. been looking at the hong nor scrt10 but not sure. I'm located around the hampshire area if that makes a diff.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Old 08-04-2011

Hi there

Well, when I was looking for a 4x4 sct a while back, ended up plumping for the scrt10, TBH tho I only ran it for 1 race day as I parked it in the sidings at the end of the track and mangled the front end - couldn't be bothered to fix it so sold as spares/repairs....

The truck was excellent on the track tho and would have had my best finish if it weren't for the accident

Prior to race day, had taken it out for a bash down the local park and again can't fault it on performance.

Re your electrics set up, in the electric thread down below

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66961

Sounds like others are using similar to you, so should be ok.

My one and only gripe again TBH was the cost of spares and availability of them, they did seem a little expensive to me..but I suppose they would do, bought my slash 2wd already hopped with RPM parts, so have never had to replace a single piece since I've bashed and raced it

I may have just not been looking at the right shops for spares, so if I'm wrong there's a fair few hong nor owners on here who I'm sure will be better placed to advise on that part.

Hope that helps a little
matt
Old 09-04-2011

Hn scrt10 is a must or the new Losi sc! I run the HN with a ezrun 9T and come in the top 3 in most races! It's not all about power! It's sweet! Only time it's broken is when I had a headon with a monster truck!! Oops! Made a mess!

If just for bashing then the Traxxas everytime!! But not really great for racing as it's doesn't handle as well!
Old 09-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeed Freak:) View Post
If just for bashing then the Traxxas everytime!! But not really great for racing as it's doesn't handle as well!
Sorry speedy do slightly disagree, couple of guys up eden park run pretty stock slashes and finish in the top half of the finals, me in the bottom is more down to driver than car

Owner before me had same truck, with same electircs as yours winning the sct class at his club, mine (his) is pretty much non stock throughout (check my truck in show us your short course) tis got the integy lcg chassis.
Old 09-04-2011
Gypsy Member

Hyper 10sc hard as nails but needs setup then it's ballistic
The new Durango looks real good thigh tempted to try
Old 09-04-2011

2wd is the original base and love the drive of the SC10, drifting into corners, power on front wheels up! After the abuse they took at Ardent indoors they still kept on going, 8 meetings so far with plenty of carnage and have only ever broke the lower servo saver arm. (£5.88 from je) And that was 4"x4" sign post!!
must admit the Venom Gambler looks good!
Mid motor mounting appears to be the way forward

www.bedworthRC.com
www.cmcc-online.com
www.ardentracing.com
www.jcracingproducts.co.uk

My Trader Feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46608
Old 09-04-2011
Mad Member

http://www.team-durango.com/blog/?p=2869

If I were buying one it would be the Durango.
Old 09-04-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Are your lipos stick packs? If so, that wipes out the Durango, it's saddles only - there's a height limit on them too as the driveshaft passes over the lipos in all the Durango 4x4s.

Considering you're hoping to put a 540 can motor in it, and are after a 4x4 SCT, the SC10 4x4 fits the bill - most of the other 4x4 SCTs have heavy drivetrains that benefit from a 550 can motor, whereas the SC10 4x4 is lighter, and has no centre diff, so less load on the motor.

Or....get the Hong Nor/Hobao/DESC410R/Losi SCE and replace the motor with one of these:
http://www.giantcod.co.uk/black-mant...-p-405064.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6672

You have a sensorless ESC with the amp capability to handle these, so those motors are a good, cost effective match.

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 11-04-2011

Default hong nor i thing.

I have stick pack lipos. I think I may go for a hong nor scrt-10, will my 5.5t ezrun be ok, as i'm aware they hong nor is rather heavy. Also, are there any must buy hop ups, I bought alloy chassic braces on my hong nor x1crt nitro as the plastic ones just bent after the first few jumps.

Many thanks