Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 13-12-2012

Default Gt12 national info

Hi all.Am New to gt12 have currently done 4 club meets and absolutely love it I am a 10th buggy racer but have got on the gt bug big time.
I was after some info from people who do the 12th nationals.
1.looking at the dates for the nationals it seems they are run on both days so do I have to book in for the Saturday and Sunday are they a 2 day meeting and do both days count together.
2.how do I book in is it directly through the brca website,only ever booked in for regionals through clubs before so don't have a clue about the system for nationals.
3.any info relevant that I may need to no before booking into a national,hopefully would like to do Stafford.
Many thanks for any help.
Jamie
Old 14-12-2012

1. you have the choice of days as each have there own championship but if you wish to do both days then you can.

2. i am pretty sure it is through the brca website but not 100% will let someone confirm that one either way

3.minimum weight is .950g, must have shell of the list which i think is either, aston martin, porsche, ascari, lotus or the GT2 wedge
oh and must be 13.5t motor and 1s lipo

other than that i would imagine it is just the same as club racing
Old 14-12-2012

Book in here:

http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=upcoming_races/105

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80777
Old 15-12-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Speedo must be on blinky list, motor must be on brca 13.5 list. no titanium at all, make sure you read the rules fully
Old 15-12-2012

A quick question regarding Lipo's, I plan to buy a 2S SupaStox but only use one saddle to make it 1S, this way I can mount the speedo next to the Lipo and use my saddle packs that I have for 1/10th off road which are BRCA approved saddle packs. Would this be legal for the nationals or not?
Old 15-12-2012
Mad Member

As the 2S saddle pack set you are using is on the BRCA list, then you will be fine. As Mark says, check the Rules here and the Speedo list here. The motor list is in the usual place under the Electric Board Section.

This isn't a usual combination so do check the weight once it is race-ready. It must be over 950g. HTH
Old 15-12-2012

Thanks for the response, I just wanted to check before ordering the kit.

I did check the rules but they say that any Lipo's should be on the approved BRCA list, just seemed a bit vague and as what I want to do may be a bit different I thought I would check.

I'm glad that there has been a pragmatic approach to this as if there was a stipulation that you had to use dedicated 1S packs this would of been another cost and possible barrier preventing people trying another class and who already have saddle packs or who intend to buy them later on.
Old 15-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
Speedo must be on blinky list, motor must be on brca 13.5 list. no titanium at all, make sure you read the rules fully
Car is all up to spec and legal.have booked in to stafford national via brca so hopefully will get in.
Old 16-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Is it me being blind but does the link Mark put up, nor the page you get if you follow one, tell you thedates ?
Im guessing that they are the same weekend as 1/12th nationals but even if that is true you'd need to know where to look for that info.
At the risk of being rude, which I don't intend to be, it does come across as if GT12 is a bit of a closed class for people already involved with the pan car scene.

It seems to have the potential to be a great class to get new racers involved & could encourage the keen club racer to take the next step, both cases will appreciate being spoon feed clear info.

I've been racing more than a quarter of a century & I'm struggling to get the info I need so newer drivers must be totally confused.

Looking forward to getting on track with GT12 in the new year
Old 16-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudolfXC View Post
If you click this link ......click what round you are intrested in and it tells you the date ....

If you use Facebook, join the gt12 group, loads of info and news posted on there
Old 16-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Is it me being blind but does the link Mark put up, nor the page you get if you follow one, tell you thedates ?
Im guessing that they are the same weekend as 1/12th nationals but even if that is true you'd need to know where to look for that info.
At the risk of being rude, which I don't intend to be, it does come across as if GT12 is a bit of a closed class for people already involved with the pan car scene.

It seems to have the potential to be a great class to get new racers involved & could encourage the keen club racer to take the next step, both cases will appreciate being spoon feed clear info.

I've been racing more than a quarter of a century & I'm struggling to get the info I need so newer drivers must be totally confused.

Looking forward to getting on track with GT12 in the new year
Roger, here's what we did...

We did assume that people would know that GT12 was part of the 12th Section. On the BRCA website, you click on the 12th Section. From there a link appears to 1/12th Circuit GT12 which links to how the Nationals work for GT12. Click on that link and you get a complete page of details about the Nationals including the dates and all the links you need to enter. Three clicks from 12th Section to National dates we thought would make it easy - sorry it wasn't for you!

I didn't check RudolfXC's link above, but if I had I would have posted this link and asked you to follow the link to the Nationals page once you had read about how we run GT12 at the Nationals.

http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=sect...ationals/17717

Far from being a closed shop, we have welcomed new drivers at every National this year in the GT12 class, and I have had e-mails and PMs from a lot of people simply asking how to get involved. At every National there have been places available to anyone who wants to enter, even at the last minute of the entry deadline. By far the majority of people have taken part at clubs up and down the country, and they've been in touch too.

Can't speak for other 'newer' drivers, but having had new faces at every National so we thought it was OK. We live and learn...
Old 16-12-2012

Send a message via MSN to russmini

I thought it was easy. Never done a National of any kind before, but common sense made me click the 12th section and then you just follow the links etc...

Can't wait for the next three Nationals. Shame i missed the 1st one at Teesside now....

Closed Class it certainly isn't Roger.
Old 17-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I can understand that, fair enough. I normally use Google to search for info & forum links etc & actively avoid the BRCA site as I personally find it massively frustrating to navigate on my phone (rarely have opportunity to be on line via a PC).

This sort of thing is where a good club is useful I guess. Been spoilt by the sublimely well structured & easynature of 1/10th off road too.
Old 17-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
I can understand that, fair enough. I normally use Google to search for info & forum links etc & actively avoid the BRCA site as I personally find it massively frustrating to navigate on my phone (rarely have opportunity to be on line via a PC).

This sort of thing is where a good club is useful I guess. Been spoilt by the sublimely well structured & easynature of 1/10th off road too.
I understand regarding the brca website it can be easier to ask on here or FB rather than scrolling brca for hrs
I found the 1/12th national no different to a EOS final off road TBH very relaxed but they do include tables and chairs ..
I dont know if this is the norm for every national though ???

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 17-12-2012

Tables are required to be provided by the host club, it is one of the section requirements for getting a national.
I usually pack one anyway in case space/supply is short and it often gets set up somewhere out of the way for truers

Jason
Old 17-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
Roger, here's what we did...

We did assume that people would know that GT12 was part of the 12th Section. On the BRCA website, you click on the 12th Section. From there a link appears to 1/12th Circuit GT12 which links to how the Nationals work for GT12. Click on that link and you get a complete page of details about the Nationals including the dates and all the links you need to enter. Three clicks from 12th Section to National dates we thought would make it easy - sorry it wasn't for you!

I didn't check RudolfXC's link above, but if I had I would have posted this link and asked you to follow the link to the Nationals page once you had read about how we run GT12 at the Nationals.

http://www.brca.org/index.php?q=sect...ationals/17717

Far from being a closed shop, we have welcomed new drivers at every National this year in the GT12 class, and I have had e-mails and PMs from a lot of people simply asking how to get involved. At every National there have been places available to anyone who wants to enter, even at the last minute of the entry deadline. By far the majority of people have taken part at clubs up and down the country, and they've been in touch too.

Can't speak for other 'newer' drivers, but having had new faces at every National so we thought it was OK. We live and learn...
So as I have booked for the Stafford national on both days this is the first gt national I've entered,ive paided via brca does this definitely mean I've gained entry?