Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 09-12-2012

Default 2s in 1/12

Just out of interest, would 2s saddles fit a t bar car?
Old 09-12-2012
Mad Member

No. They are too big. You used to be able to get LiPo saddles but they've not been seen for a long time. HTH
Old 09-12-2012

i use 2s shorties in my RC12.5, across the chassis, there's just enough room under the shock... i don't think hardcase saddles would fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy#0 View Post
Just out of interest, would 2s saddles fit a t bar car?
Old 09-12-2012
Mad Member

The answer really is, it depends.

We used to run 1/12th on six cell around 10 years ago which is the same physical size as lipo saddles, and you will have to try work out how to tape them in as there won't be slots in the right places for tape to pass through. You then don't have much space left on the chassis so you need a small ESC and receiver. If the club you are planning on running at will let you run 2S, if you are creative enough and have small enough electrics there's no reason you can't run with 2S saddles in a 1/12th.

The simpler solution is to run one saddle pack on one side of the chassis and the receiver and ESC on the other to balance it and run it as 1S. Less likely to upset other 1/12th racers as well.

BTW SpeedzoneUSA are considering making a new batch of their 1S saddles, if there is enough demand.
Old 10-12-2012

Thanks for the answers, I don't do 1/12 I was just thinking about speed records. If you could squeeze 2s into one with tekin redline 2.5 motor, could you have a speed record car?
Old 10-12-2012

You can run 2S in a mardave or supastox. But for a speed record: go 3S.
You don't need the highest amps for a 1 minute run just a high C-rating
Old 10-12-2012

If you want to set a record I would suggest running two small 3S packs in series for 6S. Forget hard cases etc, these are not needed for most speed events. There are much bigger dangers present! Then you can use a lower KV motor and tiny cells because you will not need to draw so much current from the batteries. This is what all of the fastest record cars are doing.
Old 10-12-2012
Mad Member

12th car is useless for a speed record attempt. It is too light, has too little suspension travel and the foam tyres will blow themselves apart before you reach anything like a decent speed.

For a record attempt you need something long, wide, heavy, good suspension travel and fitted with thick rubber tyres, preferably caps with a firm foam filling. That will also give you room for the sort of power LongRat suggests, and enough space for the sort of motor you will need. Air resistance increases as a square of the speed, so to go twice as fast you need four times the power! HTH