Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 13-12-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob m View Post
James, my set up at the moment seems to be working well for me. My car is a standard zx-r with no hop ups like yours. I started with an identical set up to yours suspension wisr but found the car to skip around over ripple sections and rear end loose in corners.
My set up so far is
45wt oil in front outer hole on arm blue ae spring, tower hole as manual (mk1).
30wt oil in rear inner hole on arm silver ae spring, tower hole 2nd in from outside.

I also found that using a longer link on the rear stopped the car from hooking in the corners.
Front links are as manual ( mk1) on tower and c hub.
Rear links are outer lower hole on tower and middle top hole on hub.
Im also using an zx steering plate.

Rob, your spot on mate, and guess your settings work well as its not too far from mine and your shocks are Kyosho and were not as smooth using the heavier oils, but as you know it doesnt always work the way you expect it to especially when the surface changes every time.

The link does need changing and was one thing I didnt have time to do, and found in the past it worked better in not the very inner hole but the next out when I used it in the 90's so will test that next time, plus the hubs are in the outer hole. Ive raised the rear hub by one hole and its significantly better.

I did up until recently have the shocks in the outer hole and shock tower middle rear and very inner on the front and shocks aligned perfectly, but since going to Lipos its been a bit awkward, plus I did tinker with my shocks in the 90's and made them vastly smoother but am unsure exactly what I did, and as the shocks I currently have are not as good I cant figure out what I am doing wrong so tried associated seeing as I had a set and it was a huge step in the right direction. I have gone up on the rear spring by one and also went up 5 weight in oil but found the car didnt like being lowered (as shown on that awful video as I lowered by 2mm) and made it hard to drive consistantly so am going down by 5 weight and back to 40 weight and believe accompanied by the shcumacher yellow spring it may help.

Front link I did exactly what I did in the 90s and drilled a new hole in the castor block and it works well so am leaving it as it is. To be honest the front is pretty much there, just need to balance the rear more so I can power more into the corner and out. Jumping its balanced and the only place on the track I couldnt do it was the brown jump and everyone had issues including the top boys so at least it wasnt just me.

The shocks front and rear now have pack in and this makes the car a bit easier for me anyway to work on. The front seems very good but just gradually working on it step by step to get it quicker. To think a year ago I was three laps off the pace, today I am only a second or two a lap off the A final boys so just a bit more to do to get it right.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 13-12-2013

I have some associated springs but found they don't fit the option house gold shocks as they were slightly too small a diameter, do they just need a little persuasion to go on?
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Optima Mid Custom Special
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S
Old 13-12-2013

Yes give them a good twist as you push them on.
Old 13-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Rob, your spot on mate, and guess your settings work well as its not too far from mine and your shocks are Kyosho and were not as smooth using the heavier oils, but as you know it doesnt always work the way you expect it to especially when the surface changes every time.

The link does need changing and was one thing I didnt have time to do, and found in the past it worked better in not the very inner hole but the next out when I used it in the 90's so will test that next time, plus the hubs are in the outer hole. Ive raised the rear hub by one hole and its significantly better.

I did up until recently have the shocks in the outer hole and shock tower middle rear and very inner on the front and shocks aligned perfectly, but since going to Lipos its been a bit awkward, plus I did tinker with my shocks in the 90's and made them vastly smoother but am unsure exactly what I did, and as the shocks I currently have are not as good I cant figure out what I am doing wrong so tried associated seeing as I had a set and it was a huge step in the right direction. I have gone up on the rear spring by one and also went up 5 weight in oil but found the car didnt like being lowered (as shown on that awful video as I lowered by 2mm) and made it hard to drive consistantly so am going down by 5 weight and back to 40 weight and believe accompanied by the shcumacher yellow spring it may help.

Front link I did exactly what I did in the 90s and drilled a new hole in the castor block and it works well so am leaving it as it is. To be honest the front is pretty much there, just need to balance the rear more so I can power more into the corner and out. Jumping its balanced and the only place on the track I couldnt do it was the brown jump and everyone had issues including the top boys so at least it wasnt just me.

The shocks front and rear now have pack in and this makes the car a bit easier for me anyway to work on. The front seems very good but just gradually working on it step by step to get it quicker. To think a year ago I was three laps off the pace, today I am only a second or two a lap off the A final boys so just a bit more to do to get it right.
ive been running associated cars for the last 5 years and do like the v2 shocks and will be using them on my next lazer project. ive had b4's b44's and now a centro c4.1. With the cars i have always mainly ran the rear shocks using number 1 piston and 27.5-30wt oil and silver spring. The front i mainly use number 2 piston 35-40wt oil and blue/silver springs. I will be running my lazer again on sunday with a servo saver that has some resistance this time. I will let you know on any changes i make.
Old 14-12-2013
Mad Member

Regarding setups im actually thinking of getting som oil in the reardamper in
my daughters zxr since it seams to have vanished

mvh Isobarik
Old 18-12-2013

hello everybody,

i'm new on this forum. i was an old kyosho lazer team driver in 1992 in france.
20 years after i try to rebuid my old race car and a new lazer zxs (i never know this car, but it is so nice).

i'd found lots of parts for the lazer zxs but some are very hard to find.

i need

LA103
LAW20.1

only in new, which are the most important for me at the moment...

i'm looking about LA126 LA127 LA110 LA111 LA122 LA123, some can be find (kamtech, fibrelyte). but i will prefere original parts...

i can make exchanges with kyosho LA32 parts and LA30

ps/sorry for my english , it 's not my language...
Old 18-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS05 View Post
hello everybody,

20 years after i try to rebuid my old race car and a new lazer zxs (i never know this car, but it is so nice).

i need

LA103
LAW20.1

only in new, which are the most important for me at the moment...

i'm looking about LA126 LA127 LA110 LA111 LA122 LA123, some can be find (kamtech, fibrelyte). but i will prefere original parts...

i can make exchanges with kyosho LA32 parts and LA30

ps/sorry for my english , it 's not my language...
As per my message ive got some, only got one and i know most probably one in the world still in a packet LAW 20.1, ive got LA112, got an out of packet gear cover LA112 with gearbox clear covers not yet cut, also you do know fibrelyte can replicate the carbon fibre as kyosho did so may help but youll need an original to supply but its weaker than the normal fibrelyte items. I may have the L brace plate as well and also a steering plate and possibly another item but wont know until tomorrow evening.
Answer UK team driver
Old 19-12-2013

Glad to be back! ;-)

Last edited by trd179v; 19-12-2013 at 02:35 PM. Reason: old message
Old 20-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS05 View Post
hello everybody,

i need

LA103
LAW20.1
Hi there. Welcome.
I have just finished my ZX-S Evo. I built it completely from new parts.
It is ok with help from the great people on here!
$$$!! Be prepared.

LA103 is a hard part to get.
LAW20-1 is 'impossible' to get! I CNC'd my own. I can email you my CAD file if you like?
James (Welshy40) has one new but he rightfully wants a lot of £ for it.
I had to order some parts from Kyosho Sweden and Kyosho USA.
Message me if you need anything mate.

Nick
Old 21-12-2013

Nick, cant remember if i sent you a cad file for the kick up plate? Still ive got another kick up plate that was made for me that i never used, so have pmd him regarding that and much more affordable.
Answer UK team driver
Old 26-12-2013

Well I now have a new RC car that I am going to have to take in January to Maritime. Im sure Elliot Boots, Darren Bloomfield, Ellis Stafford and Dave Belsten would want to have a go. My brothers had some fun this Christmas buying my gifts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Toilet.jpg (84.4 KB, 32 views)
Answer UK team driver
Old 29-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
Nick, cant remember if i sent you a cad file for the kick up plate? Still ive got another kick up plate that was made for me that i never used, so have pmd him regarding that and much more affordable.
I do thanks James. Tbh, I didn't use it in the end because it didn't seem to fit perfectly into Fibre-Lyte's chassis.
In the end Stephen emailed me their drawing of the nose cutout and I drew a .dxf myself.
Old 02-01-2014

I wish you guys all the best for 2014!!

Best regards

1/10 Kyosho Lazer ZX
1/10 Kyosho Optima Mid Custom
Old 02-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli4ke View Post
I wish you guys all the best for 2014!!

Best regards
Thanks matey, hope you had a great one
Answer UK team driver
Old 06-01-2014

Happy new year peeps!

I've got a ZXR MkII and I want the tub chassis, no cell cut-outs and keeping the MkII layout. What or how do I order this from Fibrelyte? I'll need the top plate as well, cheers
Old 07-01-2014

Hello everybody here in this nice forum.
First, please excuse my mad english, it is not my language, im from germany.
My first rc-car was a Tamiya Hornet, after collecting some other cars, I bought the
Kyosho Lazer ZX-R in 1992 an I owned it several years. In this time it gets some tuning
parts, like cabon-chassis, carbon-radioplate, titanium-screws and aluminium parts.
I loved this lazer, but unfortunarely, I sold it. Some weeks ago, I found a Lazer ZX on ebay
in good condition but with some missing parts. While looking several days on ebay, I found the most wanted parts.
Now I have some questions:
1.)I am still looking for a aluminium-heat-sinking-motor-pate.
2.) I need help for adjusting the central diff. The ZX-R had a slipper, the ZX has none or a different art of working? Is there a exchange-possibility with available parts? Is it possible to take the balls out and ran it as a slipper?
3.) The part LA 32 is crashed, I got an new one. Is there a aditional spare part in better quality?
4.) An last: Is it sencefull to change the brushed motor an controller against a brushless-system, or ist the car not strong enough and will be damaged?
Yesterday I testet a li-po-accu and the performance was great ;-)
Thank you for answering and helping me!
Best regards
RalfM
Old 15-01-2014

Guys, I'm in the need of 2ea servo saver shafts (LA23 partly) for the lazer ZX. I need OTW9 only 1ea Battery post as well.
Let me know if you have some available.

Cheers

1/10 Kyosho Lazer ZX
1/10 Kyosho Optima Mid Custom
Old 15-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli4ke View Post
Guys, I'm in the need of 2ea servo saver shafts (LA23 partly) for the lazer ZX. I need OTW9 only 1ea Battery post as well.
Let me know if you have some available.

Cheers
oli, I have a few bags of LA23 .
Old 15-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek23k View Post
Happy new year peeps!

I've got a ZXR MkII and I want the tub chassis, no cell cut-outs and keeping the MkII layout. What or how do I order this from Fibrelyte? I'll need the top plate as well, cheers
You contact fibrelyte and ask for the mk2 chassis which is listed and they also do a top deck. Tbh you can choose a design from any variant of the zx thru to zxr mk2 and just ask for them to make it for the mk2. Hope thid helps.
Answer UK team driver
Old 15-01-2014

Fibrelyte actually have a tub drilled to the MKII hole pattern in stock
When they made my tub they made a mistake and drilled it to the MKII pattern instead of MKI so they are making another one for me and the MKII one is waiting for a home
Turbo Optima Mid SE
Turbo Optima Mid SP
Optima Mid Custom Special
Lazer ZX
Lazer ZX-R
Lazer ZX-S