Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Hot Bodies / HPI

Old 05-07-2009
Mad Member

Default D4 Rear Suspension Shafts Coming Out

Hi All

Not sure if this is a problem or a "feature" of the D4 but on several occasions when i have either been hit at the rear or hit a side barrier the rear suspension shaft (61468) pops out of the rear holder (61464). What i have noticed is that there is not much of the suspension shaft sticking out buy the time you have the wishbone etc on it. I reckon about 3 or 4 mm. Does that sound normal or is there a trick to have more of the suspension shaft sticking out for the rear suspension block to hold? Hope that makes sense

Cheers

Dave
Old 05-07-2009

I've never seen this happen, and I have been racing the D4 for over 2 years now.

There should definately not be enough flex in the rear of the chassis/hangers to let the rear hinge pins fall out.

Check the rubber bushes that hold the pin in are in good condition, make sure to use the rubber bushes that do not have the hole all the way thru them. Measure the length of the hinge pin to make sure it is 48.5mm long...

Hope this helps!
Old 05-07-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

i never had this problem either on the inner mounts, but the pins did steadily back out of the hubs after a few races and regularly had to be pushed back in

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 05-07-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
I've never seen this happen, and I have been racing the D4 for over 2 years now.

There should definately not be enough flex in the rear of the chassis/hangers to let the rear hinge pins fall out.

Check the rubber bushes that hold the pin in are in good condition, make sure to use the rubber bushes that do not have the hole all the way thru them. Measure the length of the hinge pin to make sure it is 48.5mm long...

Hope this helps!
Funny you mention this, the end bracket had the bushes in with the holes all the way through (which it says to use in the manual) so i swapped them for the ones that are capped. Do you reckon i have sorted it with this?
Old 05-07-2009

Funny you mention this, the end bracket had the bushes in with the holes all the way through (which it says to use in the manual) so i swapped them for the ones that are capped. Do you reckon i have sorted it with this?

The manual shows the bushes #73486 placed in the rear suspension block,and the bushes #73486L in the front suspension block.You must have put the bushes wrong way round,I made this mistake and have had no problems since rectifying it.
Old 06-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble34 View Post
I should think this will sort this problem out.
Old 06-07-2009
Mad Member

Thanks again all for the help, will keep my fingers crossed.
Old 06-07-2009

The last set of front arms I got had screws in the arms to capture the outer front hinge pins. I assuming this is a running change and will probably find some rear arms like that soon. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I have a stockpile of rear arms, cause I have not had a problem with them.
Old 19-07-2009
Mad Member

Well since i have had the non holed bushes in the back of the car i have not had the problem. Out of interest though i have attached the build section from a worlds manual i downloaded on line. Appears to show you should use the ones with holes in.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rear D4.jpg (47.4 KB, 25 views)