Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > South East

Old 15-08-2009
Mad Member

Default BRCA SE 4WD Regional Championship RD4 - Sunday 23 August - WKRCC

As the title says, Round 4 (the final and deciding round) of the 2009 SE 4WD Regional Off-road Championships. As per usual there will also be an Open class to cater for drivers from outside the SE Region and those wishing to run a 2WD around. ALL categories, U13, U16 and Senior Championships have yet to be decided in the 4WD class

To be held at West Kent Radio Car Club off-road facility(check out: http://www.wkrcc.co.uk/) on Sunday 23 August 2009.

Track WILL NOT open until approx. 08:30 for practice so please DO NOT arrive too early! The track is on private land at the rear of The Plough Inn, Leigh who we do not want upset by excessive early noise, thank you!

See you all there, don't forget FREE entry for ALL Juniors, U13's and U16's, trophies for at least the top three in both Junior age groups.

Oh and don't forget your BRCA Membership details please, Membership application forms will be available for non-members to join on the day!

Will also be finalising details for BOTH End of Season Finals (payments and application forms forms those that have expressed an interest and/or not paid!). As per earlier thread anybody wishing to enter either event should PM or email me their details ASAP, entry numbers are high, more especially for the Junior/Veteran/BRC event rather than the F345's but I have been assured that we should be assured entries for all those that wish to particiapte.

See you all Sunday
Old 15-08-2009

Looking forward to it steve.

Think you will find that a lot of the Faversham boys will be there, and i must not forget our only girl driver as Jodie will be there for sure to make it a full house for her ie 8 out of 8 for the season.
Got to worth a mention as she injoys it so much even if she does not do to good some times, but she always leaves with a big smile on her face and for me that counts for so much more.
Old 17-08-2009

seing as last time i nearly didnt make it down there im going to put this in early. i need a lift to and from this meeting. i can put money towards fuel costs if neccerary. please help
(> <)
This is harold. Help Harold spread happyness by posting him to your sig.
Old 18-08-2009

Default How to get there!

Hi All,

For those who need it, the location is:-
behind the Plough Inn , Leigh Road, nr Tonbridge, Kent. TN11 9AJ

For those coming from the north (down the A21) leave at the Hildenborough/Weald turn off and follow the B245 towards Hildenborough and Tonbridge. Go past the Volvo dealer in the village, on your left, and down a slight hill. Further down on the left is a pub called the flying Dutchman - turn right opposite this pub and then just keep going. You'll go under a railway bridge and after a while the road bends sharply and narrows down. Take care as this is a bus route! The Plough is on your right hand side. Go right to the end of the car park to find the entrance to Steve's track. The club has a mobile phone which will be on all day. The number is 07790 625278.
Hope this helps,
Brian
Secretary WKRCC
Old 18-08-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Tempted with this, but not a BRCA member and haven't done a regional before
Old 18-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hopefully Steve can correct me on this, but you may still be able to run in the Open class? I know you can usually run for 3 meetings before the BRCA insists on full membership to cover you for insurance etc.
The open class is usualy for people who want to run something other than the main regional class of the day, ie 2wd this Sunday because the main event is 4WD. But as a non-member i'm sure they can squeeze you in to sample the regional atmosphere!

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 18-08-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim76 View Post
Hopefully Steve can correct me on this, but you may still be able to run in the Open class? I know you can usually run for 3 meetings before the BRCA insists on full membership to cover you for insurance etc.
The open class is usualy for people who want to run something other than the main regional class of the day, ie 2wd this Sunday because the main event is 4WD. But as a non-member i'm sure they can squeeze you in to sample the regional atmosphere!
I've got a XXCR for 2WD and Cat SX for 4WD

The website shows touring cars etc. is their a website for the off road?
Old 18-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

to run in 4wd in the main regional event i'm pretty sure you would need to be a full BRCA member. But you could run the Cat in the open class i would imagine, no problem.
As i said, hopefully Steve or one of the club reps in the know can verify this.

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback
Old 18-08-2009
Mad Member

im pretty sure you can run the 4wd with no brca for three meets but no points would be awarded as for the web site no not for the off road there is a thread on the forum to ask questions.

stu rand
Old 21-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It's the last regional of the year, lets all come out and play!!!!
Old 21-08-2009
Banned

ill be there

trekkker
Old 21-08-2009

We will be there, Mr Carter too. Be great to catch up on all the gossip from the Euros.

Mike
Old 22-08-2009

Default Shop

Guys, anyone know if there will be a shop of any kind on site tomorrow?

In need of some wire for my ESC so I can use my new cells and am not going to get a chance today due to work Need about 15cm of Red/Black..

If anyone knows a rep that might be bringing some gear down from a shop that I can contact today that would be great

Thanks

Clive.
Old 22-08-2009

Hi MotoRev,
There is no shop that I know of going to be present - sorry.
But you can contact Steve Andrews on 07814 638148 to make sure though.
Old 22-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

There will be wire there, I have some and I am sure loads of other people will have some, come and race!!!
Old 23-08-2009
Woop Woop Member

hiya all just a quick one to say thanks to all at west kent for a great day. the track held up well and the redesign last minute made a good technical track to drive. both emma and i enjoyed ourselves. well done to all the juniors and to dc taking a leg win in the A and gnarly for sneaking the win

woop woop racing officialy keeping team toe out inline
Old 23-08-2009

Ditto what Nath said.
Track was great to drive - all the normal bumps plus more
A finals were very close - 2st to 3rd in the 2nd leg split by 0.8s and nose to tail in the 3rd leg between myself and a hugely courteous David 'Curtains' Poulter.
Thanks for taking it easy on the old dog in the slower corners Dave
Well done to everyone in the SE this year - it's been hugely entertaining and very closely fought!
Old 23-08-2009
Banned

deffinately all off the above
great regional series
look out kiddy end off season finals 30 plus awsome
see you all there

trekkker
Old 23-08-2009

Thanks to all who came along and supported Steve (A) and the work he has done on his track. Hope you enjoyed the day.

Brian Mills
WKRCC
Old 23-08-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

my first time at West Kent today as i missed the 2wd round. I thoroughly enjoyed the track. A couple of random ruts but once located you could lap pretty consistantly.
Big thanks to the guys who marshalled the 2wd open, i hope you aren't too knackered after chasing all those cars! lol
I was quite pleased with my bargain car. If it wasn;t for the quick pitstop near the end i would have posted a 14 in around 310 split. I would have been pretty happy with that considering it was completely kit standard, springs the lot! Better springs, bit more lead and it should be ok!

roll on the EoS finals. Let's hope we can pick up some wins.

Oh, and big thanks to Mr Brooke and all the other club officials for a great season

Ansmann Racing UK

RIP - MicroTech Racing

Trader Feedback