Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 27-11-2018

Default Track Time - Practice

Hi All

So Santa is on his way and when he arrives I will be up and running after 30 years away from racing.
My initial concern is causing carnage when I first start racing which I obviously do not want to do
I'm based in Mansfield and prepared to travel to find somewhere I can get track practice time to get the left and rights working. Im aware of the MB race track near Leeds although I have heard the guys and girls use this for serious practice and race set up , are there any other venues where i can get some track time ?
Also considered hiring MB for the day and inviting a couple of patient fellow racers to help me out.

Many thanks in advance.

Lee
Lee Hankins
Old 27-11-2018

Default Practice

MB run quite a few practice days on a saturday i believe, i havent been to one but im sure that you would be fine going to one of those. i've recently returned from a 10 year break and went to MB for a club meeting first time out with some borrowed gear and didnt look too out of place.

the other alternative is going up to RHR (Robin Hood Raceway) this is an outdoor astrotruf track at blyth near worksop, obviously not amazing at this time of year, but on a fine day is a fantastic facility where you can visit whenever i believe, you just need to pre arrange with the guy who runs it, not sure how much he charges for you to run for the day, less than £10 a person.

im assuming you are running off road!?

thanks
Jonny
Old 27-11-2018

West Bridgford run a club night on a Friday and Broxtowe run a club night on a Saturday but I’m not sure if Broxtowe have many off road buggies any more.
West Bridgford have a good selection of classes.

Phill
TeamC Tco2c Evo
Veteran
Old 27-11-2018

I have also just returned from a 12 year break. Buggy racing is new to me as I ran 1/8th on Road for many years. I go to MB on a Saturday it’s a great venue for both practice and set up, there are also plenty of guys to offer advise. They have great facilities and you can always get a brew and purchase any spares you may need
Old 28-11-2018

Default Track Time

Thank you Gents

Yep its an off road Buggy I have. Im definitely going to be running at West Bridgeford, been down a couple of Fridays and their a friendly bunch. My local club Mansfield has also said I can turn up and practice between rounds until I'm competent which is good of them and MB is defiantly on my radar too.

Lee
Lee Hankins
Old 28-11-2018

Default YORCC

There is also York on a sat night unless it’s school holidays but see the calendar on their website or Facebook. Very friendly club and caters for all levels.

This is great if you are an old skool racer as they have carpet and polished floor and offer a stock class for 2 and 4WD also which are popular

Great people their and the team that run it, can’t recommend enough

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky855 View Post
Thank you Gents

Yep its an off road Buggy I have. Im definitely going to be running at West Bridgeford, been down a couple of Fridays and their a friendly bunch. My local club Mansfield has also said I can turn up and practice between rounds until I'm competent which is good of them and MB is defiantly on my radar too.

Lee
Old 28-11-2018

I'm in pretty much the same situation, raced up to the early 90's and just come back to it earlier this year.
YORCC is brilliant, great friendly spirit and track is always a challenge with it being a mix of surfaces.
I've also raced at Batleys outdoor venue and at MB. Again, very friendly well run club. The practice days at MB are pretty laid back, even my daughter who started racing had a fab day.
YORCC has a bigger range of classes where as Batley only run modified.
I started off in 2wd mod but have switched to 17.5 stock class, still a very competitive class at YORCC.
Old 29-11-2018

Just to clarify on York we now run during school holidays were possible - except for summer holidays. Calendar is on website/facebook.

slippy polished floor with some carpet - if you raced years ago its what you would be used to. want yellow mini pins or mini spikes.

driver standard is full mixture so however bad you think you are just come down and race, we have quite a few that are young/inexperienced racing most weeks in the club class