Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 15-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origineelreclamebord View Post
Ok, I read that wrong, sorry about that. Adding agression to the cut stagger setup shouldn't be too hard. Does the car have too little steering altogether or is it in a certain part of the corner (turn-in, mid-corner, on power out of corners)? Or is it really sharpness you're missing?

There are loads of things you can try. My suggestions:
- Try the difference between cut staggers and low profile cut staggers. The low profile one should feel sharper because the tire doesn't deform as much, but will probably provide less grip.
- A lesser caster angle (for example 25 or even 20 degrees): Less caster to me felt like the car had less agressive turn-in. 20 degrees made the front end less predictable and sharp than I like, but less caster had more steering altogether (the steering builds up a bit, and eventually it's higher).

Also, when making your setup, keep an eye on the cut staggers... I'm not sure how much bite you'll lose if the ribs' edges wear off.
I was on low profile staggers and it was just the general sharpness on the carpet that was missing !! With the pins it's was like on rails !! Totally unreal how she cornered
Old 15-10-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark6183 View Post
I was on low profile staggers and it was just the general sharpness on the carpet that was missing !! With the pins it's was like on rails !! Totally unreal how she cornered
The shock positions I mentioned in the edit of the last post might work... And I suppose playing with compounds (softer front pins) might be overcooking it a bit?

Lastly, a bit of a theory... how about a wide mounted (high profile) cut stagger with an insert? I imagine Stretching the wall of the tire to a wide 2WD mounting will reduce movement from side to side and it should result in a rounder tire carcass than the low profile cut stagger. That rounder carcass with (still) a bit more room to compress may give more bite.

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 18-10-2013

Problem sorted !! I put some softer shock springs on the front and she turns in on the wood much better ( using mini pins ) thanks for all your help