Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 09-01-2013
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James
Default Does anyone remember the MCCA?

Model Car Club Association I think?

Anyone remember this organisation? Like a smaller version of the BRCA. I can remember being a member but not sure it was for the Worksop/Blyth club or if I was a member as an individual. What did they do exactly, was it insurance?Or was it just an alternative organisation to the BRCA?
Old 09-01-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Model Car Club Association I think?

Anyone remember this organisation? Like a smaller version of the BRCA. I can remember being a member but not sure it was for the Worksop/Blyth club or if I was a member as an individual. What did they do exactly, was it insurance?Or was it just an alternative organisation to the BRCA?
I remember doing mcca events at donisthorpe and broxtowe. Used to be very popular :-)

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 09-01-2013

ive still got trophies from the MCCA,(midland car club association) that brings back memories, personally i think it was the club that joined and who ever became a club member became a member of the mcca.
Old 09-01-2013

Yep, I think a club joined and all members of those clubs were eligible for MCCA events. Not entirely sure what other benefits there might have been?

I remember racing at MCCA winter and summer finals - teams of three from member clubs, with individual and team honours up for grabs. It must be 20 years ago now that I was on a winning team and narrowly finished 3rd in the individual 2wd event, behind a slimline Stu Wood and a hard charging pre-pubescent Neil Cragg. Not a bad year, having finished 4th at the winter event!
Old 09-01-2013
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_B View Post
Yep, I think a club joined and all members of those clubs were eligible for MCCA events. Not entirely sure what other benefits there might have been?

I remember racing at MCCA winter and summer finals - teams of three from member clubs, with individual and team honours up for grabs. It must be 20 years ago now that I was on a winning team and narrowly finished 3rd in the individual 2wd event, behind a slimline Stu Wood and a hard charging pre-pubescent Neil Cragg. Not a bad year, having finished 4th at the winter event!

Oy!!!
Old 09-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Oy!!!
It was a compliment! Love ya, bud