Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 05-11-2015

Default New to yorcc

Hello I'm new to yorcc I was just wondering what the format is I have a 4wd short course truck. Also have no idea on tyres ect any tips would much be appreciated many thanks Eddy Rowland hope to see you soon!
Old 05-11-2015
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy.44 View Post
Hello I'm new to yorcc I was just wondering what the format is I have a 4wd short course truck. Also have no idea on tyres ect any tips would much be appreciated many thanks Eddy Rowland hope to see you soon!
Turn up 5:45.
Help build the track (or at least help get the stuff out and ready)
Book into race control.
That's the easy bit...

You are put into a heat. Be aware that we do not always race trucks (usually on champ nights) so it would be better to turn up on a truck night. Mike posts them here and I copy it onto facebook.
You need to keep an eye on what heat is racing so that you can be ready for yours. After racing you return your transponder to race control and you marshal the next race.
After that you're done, so put your feet up, batteries on charge and chill out for a bit.
Race control will try for 4 rounds of qualifying followed by a final, but if numbers are high then 3 rounds may only be possible.

Schumacher minipins (yellow compound) or minispikes (also in yellow) are the best for indoor use, unless something new has come out since I last races (nearly 1 year ago now!).

Bestest, mostest importantest tip in the world, ever... unless you're an awesome driver, the fastest trucks/buggys are the ones that finish last with the most breakages. Start slow. When races can be finished without crashing then it's time to pick the speed up. A single crash can cost anywhere between 5 seconds and a DNF, so it's always best not to crash! Racing is NOT the same as being able to thrash it round a carpark, but that's not to say a good basher can't make a good racer.
Old 05-11-2015

Nice summation Col, would it be worth putting on Website and FB Page too?

P.S. There's still a space in the pits with your name on it.......
Old 20-11-2015
YORCC legend

http://www.yorcc.org.uk/about/