Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 28-04-2011

Default Is it mine only or

Hi
I have a cougar from the second batch of cars from last year,in jan this year i put a alloy gear box on.I have had some play on the transfer shaft or slipper shaft.In the instructions they say fit u3387 which is a ceramic bearing size 5x9x3 now got them today as you have to get a pair and urm to big by 1mm on internal and external diameter.The only bearing that fits is the u3386 which is about 4x8x3 but i have had the ceramic one in since new i just thought i would have a look as i was getting a bit worried about the play in it.
Emailed schumacher today they say that the 5x9x3 is the one to fit but it clearly is not can anyone else confirm that the smaller one is in there cars or did i get a miss made item,i dont think i did but when you get told the larger bearing should fit hmm.As all the other cars i have had from schumacher no problems.
Thanks
Old 28-04-2011
Mad Member

Isn't it something silly like the large on goes on the spur gear side of the gear case and the smaller one goes on the other side?

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 28-04-2011
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

thats right if its the slipper shaft it has a small one and a large one well at least it does on the exploded veiw,u3386 is the smaller one http://www.racing-cars.com/images/Te...exploded_L.pdf
Old 28-04-2011

Yes thats how i have read it but in the plastic gearbox the u3387 fits but the inner diameter is too large by 1mm as my layshaft is 4mm dia the only bearing that works on mine is the u3386 which fits by the gears,but i do have a little play.
Can anyone confirm from there kit if the diagrams in the book is wron or do i have the friday afternoon layshaft and ali gearbox?
Thanks
Old 28-04-2011

Right got a friend of mine to check his gearbox his is the smaller bearings too,so it does seem that my gearbox is not quite right
Old 29-04-2011

I just swapped the bearings and gears from my plastic one straight over everything was same same as far as im aware, i dont remember changing bearings over.
Old 30-04-2011

I am having the same problems with mine too ordered U3387 (5x9x3) as thats what it showed me in the manual,they turned up today and what a surprise they dont fit! they are meant to be the same size (4x8x3) on both sides by the look of it,but not according to schumacher!!!!

Schumacher Laydown
Schumacher Cat L1

Schumacher
RC Octane
Old 30-04-2011

The Bearings on the gearbox apart from 10x15x4 are all 4x8x3mm bearings.

The Diff has a 5x9x3 Bearing, but thats all as the only car which has the 5x9x3 on the transmission is the CAT.

So plastic to Alloy are exactly the same. The Exploded Diagram will need to be amended.