Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMS Racing View Post
Wow this thread brings back some memories, IIRC the Wasp car was called the Fury and based on a Schumacher Procat, it had the orange/red main drive belt but I seem to remember (could be wrong) that it had a geared rear end rather than using the two small belts like on the Schuey plus the awesome Wasp slipper clutch, I was flicking through an old RRCi magazine at our shop in the office the other day and recall seeing the advert for it.

And the most popualr WASP racing item ever surely had to be the 12 volt soldering iron, everyone had one of them.

From what I recall Spec racing took over the name and continued some of the product line on several years back now. The other company from around those parts at the same sort of time was the bodyshell people -Racecraft, cannot remeber the guys name who run that for the life of me...
The FURY thats the car! i forgot the name of it, its been so long with alot of issues (family)

yes it had a orange/clear drive belt possibley from another make, losi? (speeling) and your right it was geared at the rear end rather than belt driven

It was a big thing the gearing on the "fury" i remember dad and his brother talking about pitch deepth on the gears, the "fury" had a small spur gear and a big pinnion plus the geared rear end the car was rapid of the line!