Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > 10ELECTRIC - Cullingworth

Old 12-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post

I think if it was closer to the rostrum there wouldnt have been an issue, it was just a bit hard to judge with it being close to eye level (my eye level ) and far away.
You see this is one of the problems, if you have it closer to the rostrum then you cant see behind it from all points on the rostrum. You either end up with a bit of track space behind that cant be used, or people crashing because they cant see their cars! That spot is really the only area where a feature like that is viable.
Old 12-04-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilkinson7 View Post
You see this is one of the problems, if you have it closer to the rostrum then you cant see behind it from all points on the rostrum. You either end up with a bit of track space behind that cant be used, or people crashing because they cant see their cars! That spot is really the only area where a feature like that is viable.
Ye didnt think of that m8. If we start using that shed, we should make a crossover with clear perspex or something, that would be ace. I liked the tabletop last time though, was nice to have a difficult section.

Aiming to get there before 6 today if your gonna be there.
Old 12-04-2013

My main point ws if its been practiced on then that the time to change not mid race....
How do you know if your time have improved if the track has changed? Thats all...

So to clear it up there will be no system that say if its been raced on it stays???
Old 12-04-2013

Tonight we had a simple track with no major obstacles. I think everyone enjoyed their racing. Maybe in future if we try something out of the norm we should let everyone practice and then ask if they want it to stay like that or not before we start racing.

I think your right in what your saying Lee. once the racing starts the track needs to stay as is. Unless anything unforeseen crops up.
Old 13-04-2013

Quote:
Tonight we had a simple track with no major obstacles.
Any corner is a major obstacle to me
Old 13-04-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Tonight we had a simple track with no major obstacles. I think everyone enjoyed their racing. Maybe in future if we try something out of the norm we should let everyone practice and then ask if they want it to stay like that or not before we start racing.

I think your right in what your saying Lee. once the racing starts the track needs to stay as is. Unless anything unforeseen crops up.
Yeah really enjoyed the racing tonight. Track got slippy in places with Shock oil, or was it the sand from the sandbags? Was fine again and back upto speed in the finals however. I'll get the videos up asap.

The issue with the table top the other week was that it was almost impossible for the marshals to reach the cars. Plus a lot of people broke their cars on it. I didn't actually ask to change the track, I just didn't want to race on it, and was happy to sit it out.

I'll get my jigsaw out now the evenings are longer and i'll try building some more humps and small jump.

We could do with the dimensions of the hall, so we can draw up a scale diagram and get some new track ideas. maybe get a selection of tracks drawn up, then have a vote to build them in voted order preference.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 13-04-2013

I enjoyed the track last night but found it hard work , so slipy I think I'll buy a drift car
Old 13-04-2013

i think i had a drift car ian,steer from the rear!.good track last night tight and technical but with some flowing parts too.for me its better without the big table tops in,if i wanted big air i would take up supercross!.thanks to nori and crew for another good night

Last edited by charlie2; 13-04-2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: forgot summert