Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 16-02-2015

Default YZ-2 suggested spares?

Hi guys, my YZ-2 is on pre-order (yipee!) and I wanted to ask you whether in your experiences so far there are any spares you would recommend having in the pit box just in case of a breakage.

I tend not to be a car breaker, but I don't want to get stuck without a spare part at a meeting, especially considering these are still fairly new kits and there aren't too many around just yet (especially at club events).

So far I've only ordered a set of solid drive pins (because I'm not a fan of the roll-pin type which comes as standard) and some Yatabe springs for tuning purposes.

Cheers all.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 16-02-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I've not broken anything as yet, seems every bit as solid as the bmax2.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 16-02-2015

Sounds good, Miss Daisy.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Old 16-02-2015

I haven't broke anything yet either after 4 meetings, I've got the usual front and rear shock towers and arms waiting just in case. The one other part I chose to stock up on is the carbon plate for the ball stud mount on the steering. Looks a little flimsy to me, but only time will tell.

Cheers
Chris
Old 16-02-2015

Yeah that stood out to me too. Time will tell, I guess.

Old 16-02-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Was on phone before. I ordered that steering block plate, plus front steering blocks, C hubs, rear hubs, wishbones F+R, front shock tower, front bulkhead, idler gear. I had other parts like ball studs, rod ends, shock tops and bottom eyes already. All still unopened in bags.

I think you are most likely to break a rod end, based on my experience with bmax2 and 4. It's a solid car.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 17-02-2015
Mad Member

Nothing's broken yet..

Usual front end bits and wishbones I reckon, although I can't see much breaking!

Would definitely recommend the machined pistons tho!
Old 17-02-2015

Thanks guys, a set of spare rod ends is also on my order.