Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 20-11-2010

Default what are the differences- Cougar sv

Im hooked on this hobby and after the wife bought me an associated b4 for xmas last year and me taking the rest of the year getting all the electrics for it.

I love it.

But im getting urges to build something new, and the Cougar is it.

Now my wifes budget sadly doesnt extend to £250 for the pro kit but i have found the race kit for £180 which is within budget

what i need help with is ... the differences between the two kits and how much less would i be getting buying the race kit instead of the pro.

Is it still worth getting?

I gather it can be gradually upgraded to pro spec?

thanks

mali
Old 20-11-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali View Post
Im hooked on this hobby and after the wife bought me an associated b4 for xmas last year and me taking the rest of the year getting all the electrics for it.

I love it.

But im getting urges to build something new, and the Cougar is it.

Now my wifes budget sadly doesnt extend to £250 for the pro kit but i have found the race kit for £180 which is within budget

what i need help with is ... the differences between the two kits and how much less would i be getting buying the race kit instead of the pro.

Is it still worth getting?

I gather it can be gradually upgraded to pro spec?

thanks

mali
Big bore shocks, composite chassis, shock towers and top deck and diff balls are the differences that spring to mind. Can be upgraded as you say but not totally necessary. Maybe big bore shocks would be the thing to upgrade but at £80 you're as well off getting the pro kit if that is your plan.
Old 20-11-2010
oOple Advertiser

The main differences between the two are the material used on the chassis, top deck and shock towers etc. On the "RACE" spec version they are the "S1" material (like an FRP) instead of carbon fibre, the shock absorbers are the standard bore plain alloy ones as opposed to the Big Bore threaded versions, lastly the "Race" spec also includes cheaper diff balls and thrust race for the diff as opposed to the ceramic pro spec stuff found in the PRO, almost everything else is the same....

You can also get the "Race S1" kit for a lot less than the £180 you have already seen, our own price on this is £169.95 and other shops are similiar to this too.
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 20-11-2010

Thanks chaps.

So is the race kit worthy, or is it generally avoided.

Would i be making a mistake buying it.

I guess all i want to know is is it still a good car with all of the lower spec parts?

thanks
Old 21-11-2010

If your a bit of a newbie I'd stick with the B4 mate, its a much much easier car to drive and setup than the Cougar ....

I'm sure someone will tell you differnet tho .....
Old 21-11-2010

How about getting an X-6 Squared conversion kit for you B4?? The X-6 really is amazing. I find my X-6 so much easier to drive and maintain over my Cougar SV.

Please Click Here to view my Trader Feedback
Old 21-11-2010

You don't say what version of the B4 you currently have. However, if you were going to go for the SV Pro then I'd say it was a worthwhile move, but if you're going for the S1 version then personally I'm not sure I'd make the change because I'm not sure it would make a massive difference. I think you'd be better off staying with the B4 for now and bunging a tenner in a jar for a few months until you can get the Pro version. Particularly the big bore shocks are worth the extra in my view.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 22-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeedy View Post
If your a bit of a newbie I'd stick with the B4 mate, its a much much easier car to drive and setup than the Cougar ....

I'm sure someone will tell you differnet tho .....

i agree with you,the cougar is very direct,if i ran a B4 with the same handset settings it wouldnt get round the first corner,then you need to set the car up to how you drive,which i enjoy........i think though its eayer to loose grip from the cougar then it is to find grip from the B4

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 22-11-2010

Gawd. I need to find me a new wife...