Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 25-04-2020

Default Trackstar Gen2 120amp ESC settings, Help!!!

Hi all. Just wondered if any of you guys run a Trackstar Gen2 ESC and what settings do you use the most when setting up the ESC.
I currently have the ESC in a Cougar Laydown powering a speed passion 8.5t motor. The ESC is set currently at the default values and the car has performed well but I am now intrigued by the array of settings on offer with boost timing and turbo timing. Also I am interested in what the 1st and 2nd stage throttle should be set too as well as the 1st and 2nd stage brake. The manual does not go into to much depth with the settings and what they do so your help would be very much appreciated
Old 25-04-2020
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Jimmy Wright from states on fb is something to do with trackstar

Try him
Old 28-04-2020

Thanks for the reply dan, I will see if I can track him down on FB 👍
Old 28-04-2020

There isn't a "one size fits all" option for the myriad of ESC settings. The top boys will make changes for different tracks and grip levels of the same track during a day.

A lot is down to personal preference as well, are you the kind of driver that can feather the brakes gently before a turn or a whack it back full kind of guy?

Boost and turbo - simply put, boost adds timing across the entire rev range of the motor, whereas turbo adds an extra bit at the top end only, and can be set to come in after full throttle is held for a set period of time, used for long straights.

Example for me on a dry day my 1st stage throttle is set medium and 2nd stage strong, on a wet day I drop this to very weak and weak. That's with a 5.5T in 4WD though, and again what I found works best for me.
Old 29-04-2020

I guess my driving style could be considered aggressive, its all out throttle and then hitting the brakes hard. I am trying to adapt my style to have a bit more flow and hopefully make the laps a bit more consistent.
The 8.5t speed passion motor is just about right for the small indoor carpet track but sometimes I just need a little bit more and was wondering if a few tweaks to the ESC could rectify this. I never know if I have my 1st and 2nd stage throttle/brake set correctly. I guess its all about just trying different setups and just trying it out on the track.
I have included some photos of my current set up which I have increased the boost and turbo timing by 15 degrees but at present unable to have a real play with the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trackstar.jpg (105.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Trackstar1.jpg (110.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Trackstar2.jpg (132.0 KB, 8 views)