Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Multicopters & Flight

Old 26-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
Yup, just clipped it with the prop tips. I thought i'd miss it.

Cheers, feels better and flying a lot more controlled now, I've stopped messing with the gains and returned to my original values ;-)

Good stuff - I can't really mock you though - I put my 450 in the ground the other day. Flying it with 1.6++ is really hard. It's full acro unless the stick it centred - so I simply pushed a little too much in a turn and it went full beans into the ground, it's scary the angles it will try to fly at in acro mode !

Still not made the commitment to the Naza Lit for the 550 yet - but can't really see any other option. Is the latest firmware going to run on the Lite as well as the Naza V2?

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 26-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
Good stuff - I can't really mock you though - I put my 450 in the ground the other day. Flying it with 1.6++ is really hard. It's full acro unless the stick it centred - so I simply pushed a little too much in a turn and it went full beans into the ground, it's scary the angles it will try to fly at in acro mode !

Still not made the commitment to the Naza Lit for the 550 yet - but can't really see any other option. Is the latest firmware going to run on the Lite as well as the Naza V2?
Naza Lite looks to have its own software release: http://www.dji.com/download/naza-m-lite-downloads/

kk2 acro mode sounds like naza full manual? does it have self-levelling?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 26-08-2013
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Nope - KK2 with self level off (ie acro) is the same as naza in full manual.

That's the beauty of the newish (non-official) 1.6++ firmware - it mixes self level with acro. Self level is only on when the right stick is centred, and it's in full acro everywhere else. It's properly scary! I have had mine at close to 90* from horizontal with stick scaling at 40...
Old 26-08-2013
Awesome Admin

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1899326
Old 27-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

KK2 1.6++ = Broken 450

Before putting 1.6++ on my Quads, I only broke 1 arm when I flew into a tree. Never hit the ground badly. Now i've broken 4 arms in total and lots of props.

Notice I am not flying with the Carbon Props as I know I cannot trust myself...

Old 27-08-2013
Awesome Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
KK2 1.6++ = Broken 450

Before putting 1.6++ on my Quads, I only broke 1 arm when I flew into a tree. Never hit the ground badly. Now i've broken 4 arms in total and lots of props.

Notice I am not flying with the Carbon Props as I know I cannot trust myself...
It is a totally new experience, isn't it!?!
We are essentially going from superb self level to full acro with a stupid amount of power, so I expected some extra breakages - I've not got my carbon props on either!
I've decided my problem is lack of confidence. With highish stick scaling the quad will easily do 2 flips per second, so I'm being overly cautious and coming off the right stick early, and "self level" is sending it fully inverted into the ground.
Don't forget that the kk2 can't tell the difference between up and down!
Old 27-08-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Don't forget that the kk2 can't tell the difference between up and down!
Col - that explains a lot - and no, I didn't know the KK2 does not know when it is inverted!

When I crashed my 330, I was up high, went for the flip, as it went inverted I put the right stick back centrally ( thinking it would level) and gave it some power, thinking it would right itself and pull itself out of it's inverted state.

it did not - it just flew, very quickly straight into the floor!

Does yours flip on the spot - or is it more of an arc / fall / pull out affair?
Also, do you power it through the flip, or is it just full stick left or right - i'm still not sure what I should be doing with the sticks.
Knowing it does not level (orientation) is going to prove to be important though ! Cheers

Old 27-08-2013
Awesome Admin

Hmmm, this sounds familiar!
I didn't realize it either. Not sure anybody knew as flips with self level on are generally not done. It's only the recent release of 1.6++ that has brought this to light.
I'm no flip expert... but this is my take on what you're supposed to do for a stationary flip (ie not traveling in any particular direction):
  • power up so that you're moving vertically upwards.
  • reduce throttle (DO NOT CUT) and apply aileron
  • keep aileron applied until quad is past inverted!!
  • apply lots of throttle to recover!

Please be aware that the above is only my interpretation of various posts on RCG and from watching a few video's. My quad is (again) in the same state as your 450.
Old 09-09-2013

Another video, getting more confident with fpv but couldn't fly too low as I was loosing video signal.

Last edited by Col; 09-09-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

FPV looking good

Which goggles did you for in the end?

Old 09-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Nice one Mike, looks great. You at RHR on Sunday?
Is this on your big F550?

Andy, looks like he's using a monitor in the back of the van, not goggles.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-09-2013

Cheers guys.

Neal is correct 22" monitor in van, also have a 7" monitor for my groundstation and now have some Fatsharks (base sd).

I'm using my TBS discovery for fpv with naza lite, still have the hexa (naza v2) and have a f450 with kk2. I may stick some fpv gear on the kk2 quad aswell. Got it on the other two so why not!

Just in the process of finalizing my groundstaion with pan and tilt antenna tracking. Will get a vid up once its complete.
Old 10-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post
Cheers guys.

Neal is correct 22" monitor in van, also have a 7" monitor for my groundstation and now have some Fatsharks (base sd).

I'm using my TBS discovery for fpv with naza lite, still have the hexa (naza v2) and have a f450 with kk2. I may stick some fpv gear on the kk2 quad aswell. Got it on the other two so why not!

Just in the process of finalizing my groundstaion with pan and tilt antenna tracking. Will get a vid up once its complete.
Sounds great, can;t wait to see it. Did you go for the TBS core and their 69 fpv camera? what video tx/rx? are you still on 2.4 for control?

When funds allow I want to go immersionrc UHF for control, and move video on to 2.4.
Old 11-09-2013

Tbs core- yes
Cam from securitycam 2000, can't remember but it was £35 del.
Vx stuff is immersionrc 600mw 5.8ghz tx with UNO rx.

Still on 2.4 for control, just ordered a 2.4 booster for £25. Will see how that goes. Immersionrc are supposedly releasing a UHF that fits straight into module slot on your transmitter.

I'd rather stick to 5.8ghz for video as lower you go the quality degrades, hence the pan and tilt tracking ground station.
Old 11-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post
Tbs core- yes
Cam from securitycam 2000, can't remember but it was £35 del.
Vx stuff is immersionrc 600mw 5.8ghz tx with UNO rx.

Still on 2.4 for control, just ordered a 2.4 booster for £25. Will see how that goes. Immersionrc are supposedly releasing a UHF that fits straight into module slot on your transmitter.

I'd rather stick to 5.8ghz for video as lower you go the quality degrades, hence the pan and tilt tracking ground station.
But 5.8 has less penetration and range.

I spoke with a TBS bloke I met in the Netherlands, and he advised to go UHF for control and 2.4 for video. He was flying his wing 3-4kms away, it was out of site and in the clouds. The 2.4 video was perfect quality, no breakup at all. his spotter was tracking the wing with a high gain directional antenna pointed in the rough direction when out of sight.

Interested in the JR module slot immersionrc unit. The current one is huge and you have to gaffer tape it to the back.
Old 11-09-2013
Awesome Admin

Quote:
blah blah blag... over my head... blah blah blah...
Sure I read somewhere that you are only legal when you can see it?
Old 11-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
Sure I read somewhere that you are only legal when you can see it?
Yes, CAA rules here in the UK say someone must maintain visual contact with the flying model, hence requirements for a spotter when fpving
Old 13-09-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Latest video from flying at Batley track last weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ_qyzXb9HE

Quite a few shots of Andy's quad in flight, and comedy flyby of Paul's plane at 06:20. With the entire 25 second flight captured from 06:00
Old 13-09-2013

Don't try flips with self level on!.....turn it off and get used to flying without it....its suprising how quickly you forget about self levelling!...also the DJI Frames/copies are good,but you only have to skim the ground and they break!....get a carbon fibre frame or an Armattan CNC alloy frame....less damage,more flying!!
Old 21-09-2013

Used my quad for some filming at a car show that KetteringMCC attended last weekend. Got tons of video to go through and put together some sort of edit but have pulled a few stills from the footage so far. This is my favorite pic...

And this one's quite cool with the shadow chasing the buggy