Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 16-04-2013

Default Losi xx ready for the new season

Here is my long in the tooth losi xx
This was one of the first xx's in the uk which I managed to get as a sponsored driver with Helgar racing. - now horizon in the uk.

I'm returning after 10+ years out of the saddle and will compete at MERCC this weekend for some club racing.

She has a newly painted shell in the style of the new Sauber F1 cars. This body is made by a company called Racecraft who used to make bodies with extra cooling scoops etc.

I think it looks pretty sweet but then I would say that!

Fingers crossed I don't break it but it feels good getting the old girl ready and I've really enjoyed the prep for the new season.

Roll on Sunday!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.17 MB, 48 views)
Old 16-04-2013

Default my losi xx

Nice to see another one running on the track.racing mine in the telford,kiddy summer series in brushed motors.Can you show me where you got the shell as mine is in 3 pieces, many thanks jon kedge
Old 16-04-2013

Default XX shell

I couldn't tell you. I had a clear one tucked away in a box which was half masked. The tape had all gone yellow and its been a fair job getting the sticky off.

They occasionally come up on eBay.

I have my fingers crossed the slipper holds out. Do you use the hydra drive? These new fangled brushless motors pack a punch the like of which my poor xx hasn't felt before!
Old 16-04-2013

Default Losi xx slipper

I will keep eye out for shell.As for the slipper iv'e upgraded mine to the associated b4 dual slipper using the original slipper losi layshaft.All you need is the spur,slipper pads ,spring and some spacers on the shaft so the nut doesn't run out of thread.It works a treat with a 10x2 brushed motor and doesn't fade.hope this helps jon kedge
Old 16-04-2013

Ebay for the shells mate, a XXCr reproduction is available from Team Blue Groove in Canada and there is a another one listing the original shape shells too, I bought one of each recently for my XX.

Parrott:
Good luck running your car, they are still very capable cars and great to drive still. Ran mine tonight at Silverstone, ran with a 12x2 motor and it was great. Despite the now worn tyres it is still generating tons of grip (too much actually as i had some grip roll issues). There something very satisfying about finishing well in a high final with a 20 year old car
Old 16-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon kedge View Post
I will keep eye out for shell.As for the slipper iv'e upgraded mine to the associated b4 dual slipper using the original slipper losi layshaft.All you need is the spur,slipper pads ,spring and some spacers on the shaft so the nut doesn't run out of thread.It works a treat with a 10x2 brushed motor and doesn't fade.hope this helps jon kedge
Good tip Jon - thanks
Old 17-04-2013

The original XX A-8008 bodyshell I think is still avaliable through Horizon? Certainly a quick search on Google reveals a fair few places still listing it for sale

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/26496/

The 'Xcellerator' shell available as a repro from Team Blue Groove is what was standard on the run-out 'Kinwald' edition model - the rarest of the original Losi shells for the XX is the standard one that came with the 'CR' kit (A-8040) - this was quite boxy in appearance & most CR owners went for the more pleasing 'Kinwald' shell when it came to replace their original kit shells.

Anyway; good luck with your DoubleX Parrott - they really do go well, especially if you happen to race on a more traditional grass track where conditions can get dusty/slippery. I ran mine last year at a number of club& achieved some reasonable results against the more modern cars. If you ever come upon front arms or the fr bulkhead part, snap them as these seem to be most susceptable to breakage but are becoming hard to find

Adam - where did you finish last night in the end?
Old 17-04-2013

BTW - i've just clicked on the image of your car showing the nicely finished shell, but I think your shell is a 'Jammin' shell not the Racecraft version
Old 17-04-2013

Default body xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyDan View Post
BTW - i've just clicked on the image of your car showing the nicely finished shell, but I think your shell is a 'Jammin' shell not the Racecraft version
It could well be Dan - it was a long time ago....

I was amazed - my dad originally masked the windows 10 years or more ago and they looked ok so I sprayed it. Its the best finish ive had around the windows!

Maybe some things improve with age. I hope my thumbs have!
Old 19-04-2013

Default More retro

Some old photos....

Losi xx (same one)
Lazer zxr
RC10 with custom front wing

Photos taken before Instagram filters had even been invented!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (323.1 KB, 18 views)