Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 15-05-2020

Default Practice Sessions (COVID19) - Does not apply from 6 July 2020

Please find the link below to the Booking Sheet for practice sessions starting Sunday 18 May, reflecting that our club is outdoors with no indoor facilities.. We are operating these sessions and this Booking Sheet on a trial basis bearing in mind our club is outdoors only with no indoor facilities, and will review this in a week or two. Please pm me with any comments or suggestions to this arrangement (a pm is preferable to a tirade of online abuse!). I have tested the sheet on a Windows Laptop and an Apple iPad without issue but if there are gremlins or anyone has a problem accessing/editing the Booking Sheet please message me with the slot they want and I will message back. For Apple you will need the Google Sheets app (don't know about Android but I will test this in the morning). Thank you.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Practice sessions are subject to the following conditions contained in the Booking Sheet but pasted below so you don't miss them!

PRINCIPLES FOR PRACTICE SESSIONS REFLECTING THE RISK OF INFECTION FROM COVID19 FROM THE USE OF THE SITE AND TRACK:
Practice sessions are only available to paid up members of the Club (being a member of the FaceBook and Oople pages is not 'paid up' status). Contact Dave Evans for information about membership
If you decide to come to the site and practice on the track, you do so at your own risk.
Do not attend if NHS guidance says you should be self isolating
Assume anyone you meet has the virus, and assume anything you touch may have the virus on it (the track, the bannister, the rostrum etc).
There are no facilities on site to wash hands. Therefore we recommend bringing water and handwash to wash your hands or use hand gel regularly, at least on arrival and on leaving
We recommend wearing gloves or wiping down any surfaces that you touch, before touching them.
Please bring your own gloves, there is a plastic tub just inside the container door with a couple of bottles of hand sanitiser, some spray disinfectant and some wipes to use with the spray, however please bring your own just in case plastic tub and contents are all used up or stolen.
Only one or two people may be on site at a time, reflecting Government advice on social distancing
Follow social distancing advice issued by the Government, such as ensuring you stay at least 2 metres apart from the other person (unless they are from the same household).
If there are two people coming from your household, insert one person as 'Name 1' and the other person as 'Name 2'. Please include your surname as some members have the same first name
The slot times are on site times (not track times). Please do not arrive on the site before your allocated slot, and please leave the site before the end of your slot
The slot times are long so there is plenty of time to arrive, have a practice session, pack and leave the site within your allocated slot.
If people in the slot before yours are overrunning, please park in the field by the gate and wait for them to leave, do not approach them. If you arrive early, wait by the gate until your allocated slot (unless the site is fully clear)
For weekdays we have simply gone for two slots: Morning (9-12) and Afternoon (from 12pm onwards). For weekends/bank holidays we have gone for four slots (9-12; 12-3; 3-6; 6-9)
Only book up to 6 days in advance (so others have a chance to book the session you had for the following week) i.e. On Sunday you can book up to next Saturday.
Only book one session for each day (e.g. don't block book the whole day). We haven't put a limit on the number of bookings you can make over several days, but please be considerate of your fellow buggy racers
Please update the Booking Sheet if you can no longer make it, so others can take your slot
Please don't edit the format of the sheet or other people's entries
The above may be changed if/when the Club receives new guidance.
Attending the site is taken as your agreement to the above. Anyone found to be not complying with the above will be banned from future practice sessions until restrictions are removed.
Updated 16/5/20. Included details of a plastic tub just inside the container door with a couple of bottles of hand sanitiser, some spray disinfectant and some wipes to use with the spray, and reference to NBC being an entirely outdoors club with no indoor facilities.
Tamiya Hornet, Kyosho Ultima, Mardave Mini Stock MkII, 1/20 scale RC Catarmaran 2ft (school technology project), Kyosho Ultima Pro, 1/16 scale RC Catarmaran 3ft (inherited), RC10B5M, RC10B44.2FT, RC10T5M, B44.3, B6.1d, B64D, B74.1D, B6.4D

Last edited by JustinWood; 30-06-2020 at 01:36 PM.
Old 16-05-2020

Looks like a great system, well done Justin.

If you don't mind I'm going to point our committee in the direction of this as we're planning on doing similar at our club.
Old 30-06-2020

Please note that this Booking sheet for Practice sessions is suspended from 6 July due to a change in lockdown restrictions - please refer to a separate thread. Thanks
Tamiya Hornet, Kyosho Ultima, Mardave Mini Stock MkII, 1/20 scale RC Catarmaran 2ft (school technology project), Kyosho Ultima Pro, 1/16 scale RC Catarmaran 3ft (inherited), RC10B5M, RC10B44.2FT, RC10T5M, B44.3, B6.1d, B64D, B74.1D, B6.4D