Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 05-09-2012
Banned

We are not ripping into it, I guess time will tell!
Old 05-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman758 View Post
We are not ripping into it,

I'm simply saying the pictures are quite misleading, they make a point of photographing the alloy steering parts. That are not even included?!?

I would imageine they will be an option costing £££

And no alloy hinge pin holders?

What's do you actually get for £360?

I bought an FS2 SP for my DB1 conversion, that's got all the alloy?
And it's the same price??

For me the £360 price tags is not a problem, but it has to be worth it.
I agree the price is not an issue if it is a good car. I think it comes with alloy hing pin holders as it shows the plastic parts not being used. In the manual. Let's see what turns up. I'm quite excited regardless.
Old 05-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

have you got a link to the manual,or just direct me

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 05-09-2012
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

The manual is here along with a few other useful documents

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/...UltimaRB6.html

I have uploaded the new RB6 spares and prices to our website tonight (unfortunately no pictures yet) if anyones interested. They should all arrive with the kits!

RB6 Spares

Kev
Old 05-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thanks Kev

Old 05-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
I agree the price is not an issue if it is a good car. I think it comes with alloy hing pin holders as it shows the plastic parts not being used.
i think its telling you to use the wide plastic hanger and not the narrow,or the other way round

Old 05-09-2012
Mad Member

As far as I'm aware the bell cranks will be of the harder material which the now use on the FS2SP AND RB5SP2WC...

Also the rear hinge pin holders are of a similar material.

The ally hinge pin holders are not in the kit but from what I can see are the same options you would use on an RB5

I will confirm this once the kit arrives.

We will be getting a huge stock of spares in the same delivery as the kits and these will all be available once we've sorted everything out.. We have a lot of back orders for kits and spares to fulfill so bare with us

Cheers
Nick
Old 05-09-2012

Just read this thread and find it a little annoying tbh. All these comments I perceive to be a little snobby, "buy it if you can afford it, don't if you can't" or comparisons with Porsche vs Skoda type scenarios to justify the price...

It's not about if you can afford it one bit, it's about value for money. Will the car come with parts of such high quality that it justifies being nearly double what a 210 cost? No. Will it knock 3 seconds a lap off a club drivers times to turn him from a D finalist to an A finalist? No. So what defines it and justifies the price? In MY OPINION - nothing. And that's why I won't be buying one, nothing to do with whether I can afford it.

I owned an RB5 SP and a Lazer FS2 SP so appreciate that they are good cars, but have also owned Durango, Schumacher and Xray and don't see this extra quality of parts that people talk of to justify such a big price difference. That takes me back to the 1:1 car comparisons... In the examples given there are clear differences in terms of quality of manufacture and components used. The difference is night and day. Therefore the price difference is just. With the Kyosho vs the other big name brands then this gulf in class in terms of quality just doesn't exist in MY OPINION. And that's why I won't be buying one.

I do agree with an earlier comment that said for that kind of money Kyosho should be rolling out something as revolutionary as the DB1, not just another run of the mill mid motor car. If the RB6 was like the DB1 then I might just buy one myself. As it is, not a chance.

Good luck to those who do, but in MY OPINION it is poor value for money....
Old 05-09-2012
Mad Member

Why are people already slating the car before it's even hit the shelves?

Surely this car will have its many fans as do all the other models available?

DB1 is unique in its own way, just as the RB6... Some people will love and some will hate!

Let the cars do the talking I'd say

Old 05-09-2012

I'm not slating it mate, I expect it to be a great car just like all other Kyosho's. If it was £250 I'd probably buy one, at £350 plus then even though I can afford one I won't buy one as it doesn't justify being so much more then the competition.
Old 06-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Sadly the price is going to be down to exchange rates, taxes and duty ... look at the prices of other products MADE IN JAPAN not just Janpanese companies shipping stuff from Chian under their brand, not just RC but in every sector.

As for the quality, or indeed percieved quality, compared to other brands I have to say to me it is VERY noticiable. I've taken stuff off my Kyosho cars after LOTs of running for being worn out where as I've seen MORE slop in brand new assemblies from other manufactures (not going to bitch about specific ones but considering some of them have MANY world championships to their name I'm suprised at the lack of quality in fit & finish)

The RB6 won't be a car for everybody, in the same way as people said exactly the same things price wise about the original DEX410 and the Predators back in the T-tech days.

What I like is the huge value for money I get from Kyosho in as much as I bet in 2 seasons time I will still be running my RB6 with 90% of the original kit components like I've done my RB5 & ZX5. I'd rather pay once at the begining than put new bits on every few weeks because of wear & tear.
In my opinion the fact that I throw my Kyosho cars on a shelf at the end of one meeting and then do nothing at all to them, ok may be a diff rebuild twice a year, hardly even cleaning them before the next meeting saves me huge amounts of money when I add up the value in terms of my time.
If I did add up my value at my typical hourly rate and then translate that to the amount of effort some of the other manfactures cars would require to keep running as well as the Kyosho cars do with no effort every meeting would cost me about £75 more than they do!

That sort of quality, to me at least, is priceless.

As Nick says let the car speak for itself, I bet it will be a beauty to drive. But as Skye correctly says no chassis, not even a Kyosho, drives itself
Old 06-09-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
I bet in 2 seasons time I will still be running my RB6 with 90% of the original kit components like I've done my RB5 & ZX5.
But that's not the case, is it?

The RB5 is a dead car, surpassed by the SP or worlds spec car. The zx5 was surpassed by the SP, the FS and the FS2.
By the time my zx5 had become a FS there was nothing left of the original car. Nothing. It was shelved shortly after and replaced with a (now 3 year old and still mostly original) B44.
Old 06-09-2012

Anyone have one yet?
Please post some pics
Old 06-09-2012

Send a message via MSN to PiRo Send a message via Skype™ to PiRo
Default RB6 Pictures ...

Here is some pictures of the car...

http://www.davidronnefalk.com/index....ma-rb6-gallery
Old 06-09-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
But that's not the case, is it?
I can assure you that my original 2007 RB5 was run in original configuration (long shocks and all) with the exception of going to the LA243 rear wishbones (does that make me the first person to put the axle spacer inside the hub on UM510 driveshafts like the current FS2???).
When I released the Scorpion conversion this was built from that car, still got the original diff out drives, shafts and more or less complete front end, shocks etc on it as she sits in front of me now!

My previous Lazer was a ZX5 converted to an SP with the conversion kit and run like that for about 16 months, updated to an FS with the next conversion kit and run like that for 2 years! That car still has the original transmission gears from the ZX5 kit in (apart from the one-way crown wheel which failed after a hurried rebuild at a wet event).

I did buy a new RB5-sp2 and a new FS2-sp kit last year but that was purely because I felt like "fresh" cars for this season, my old cars are still used when I go indoors on carpet at club and will for some time (mainly because I have them set up specifically for flat carpet with no jumps)!

I'd say they have done well wouldn't you? Durable cars Kyosho
Old 06-09-2012
Mad Member

That looks like such a nice car.
Best quality seems Fantastic!.
Old 07-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiRo View Post
Here is some pictures of the car...

http://www.davidronnefalk.com/index....ma-rb6-gallery
Does look very nice. i must admit.

dave
Reedy

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63097
Old 07-09-2012
Mad Member

Did anyone get there's today?
Old 07-09-2012

No they didnt, all Deliveries should be received by shops on Monday.
Old 07-09-2012
Mad Member

Someone did!!