Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 20-11-2011

Default Help with tyre choice?

Hey fellas,

Would like a couple of tips on which tyres to look at for my X6 Sq.
First off, there are only a couple of us racing 2wd buggy at the moment and we havnt been racing on the new track for long so no one really knows the perfect tyre yet.

The track is a rutted/broken (in some areas) clay track with a lot of dust (gets watered about 2 times each race day, it is also a little abrasive.
It is going to be worked on over the christmas break but ultimately I think it will end up similar as to what it is now.

I think these pics give a good idea as to what it is like.

I currently have Calibers, Goosebumps and V1 Barcodes.

When there is very minimal dust on the track the Calibers are nice but unforgiving at times and stray off the racing line just a tiny bit and its all over, also not that great on a wet track.

The Goosebumps are quite nice, more consistent, more forgiving but wear quickly and grip levels still are not that high, much better when the track is wet.

The Barcodes are nice (only just tried them today for the 2nd time), nice when wet and nice with minimal dust, last time I tried them, they were horrible, not sure what made them so much better this time.

However, I was still not pleased with them.

Any other tyres I should be looking at?
Or should I just put up with the combination I currently have?

As for the fronts I have ran a couple of different ribs, (proline, Jconcepts and VP Pro), the VP Pro 201's were nice but the Panther Bobcats were much better (which I was surprised by), I am considering trying rebars next.

Cheers,
Brendan.
Old 22-11-2011

Nice photo's
I think the best all round tire would be Losi ifmar stud front and rear, pink compound.
Give them a try
:-)