Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 02-09-2009

Smile What do you drive?

First off I just wanna say Hi, I'm new here although have browsed for some time.
Secondly, Sorry if there is a 'What do you drive' Thread, I did do a search and could only find a 'What was your first car' Thread

So here we go,
I'm a fan of Classic VW's and have been since I was a little nipper and my old man had a VW Beetle and Bay Window Camper. So soon as I was 17 I went out and got myself a 1967 VW Beetle which I slowly worked on for years untill I decided to sell it when I came across my Dream Car a couple of years ago.
So now I drive a 1959 VW 'Lowlight' Karmann Ghia nicknamed 'The Zombie'

Old 02-09-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Really nice car but you'll have to work a lot on it. Good luck - I belive it worth to make it look as new
Old 02-09-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to jono83

I think it looks awesome the way it is. ratrod style
Old 02-09-2009

i wouldn't change a thing. that looks great
Old 02-09-2009

Default Go

Very nice indeed.

Here is my fav car from a few years back. Not only did I actually own this, but I regularly drove it around, it really was cool......
________
Honda activa history
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reliant.jpg (6.5 KB, 100 views)
Old 02-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigoggy View Post
i wouldn't change a thing. that looks great
ditto
COLIN THE PIDGEON THING!
MY CAT SNIFFS DAZZ OFF THE KITCHEN FLOOR
Old 02-09-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Only thing I don't like is rust - it also makes car unsafe to drive. That's what I don't like about it. Other than that it has very cool interior etc.
Old 02-09-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

i DRIVE THE WIFE UP THE WALL,
Old 07-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by lochness42 View Post
Only thing I don't like is rust - it also makes car unsafe to drive. That's what I don't like about it. Other than that it has very cool interior etc.
It's actually just Sunburnt Surface Rust, theres No Rot in it whatsoever.
I have no intention of ever Painting the car, theres actually a bit of a story behind it:

It was found in SHedd Oregon, small farm town. The car broke down and the original owner just parked it. after all the years went by of sitting, Blackberry bushes covered the car so you actually could not see it at all. The old man died and the estate went for sale. The person who bought the property was clearing out the shrubs and blackberries and there it was! after 30 Years of sitting there!
It has since had a Volks Fab 4' Narrowed Adjustable Beam, CB Performance Dropped Spindals, the Rear dropped 1 Inner Spline, a set of Original Raders and now JGE Torkers. Engine wise it is now running a 1641 with Twin genuine Italian Webber 36's, 4 into 1 Ceramic Header and Single Quiet Pack. Oh and new Interior. I also have all the Original Papers and Invoice.
It was feature in the June 2006 Volksworld Magazine with a 5 Page Feature and A3 Size Centre Page Poster.
Old 07-09-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
It's actually just Sunburnt Surface Rust, theres No Rot in it whatsoever.
I have no intention of ever Painting the car, theres actually a bit of a story behind it:

It was found in SHedd Oregon, small farm town. The car broke down and the original owner just parked it. after all the years went by of sitting, Blackberry bushes covered the car so you actually could not see it at all. The old man died and the estate went for sale. The person who bought the property was clearing out the shrubs and blackberries and there it was! after 30 Years of sitting there!
It has since had a Volks Fab 4' Narrowed Adjustable Beam, CB Performance Dropped Spindals, the Rear dropped 1 Inner Spline, a set of Original Raders and now JGE Torkers. Engine wise it is now running a 1641 with Twin genuine Italian Webber 36's, 4 into 1 Ceramic Header and Single Quiet Pack. Oh and new Interior. I also have all the Original Papers and Invoice.
It was feature in the June 2006 Volksworld Magazine with a 5 Page Feature and A3 Size Centre Page Poster.
If that's the case - keep it that way. I was just wondering about safety. It doesn't change anything on fact it's one beautiful car and I envy you
Old 07-09-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

I drive everyone up the wall.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 07-09-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to Spoolio

I don't drive anything exciting (£500 worth of Honda HR-V) but I do have this in the garage, although it's not been very far in the last seven years. I think it's done 3 miles which now makes it 8,883 in 15 years. About due for it's first dealer service, or it would be if Rover hadn't gone bust .

Stock apart from a stainless RC40 cat-back exhaust, a de-cat pipe and Minilites with Yoko A539's.

Really did ought to dig it out and get it back on the road, maybe next year...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2673E (400 x 300).jpg (38.4 KB, 49 views)
Old 08-09-2009

Car looks awesome...

How'd you get that even rust patina? Did you just bring it down to bare metal and wait? I'd have thought that if it was covered in blackberry bushes, the rust would be much patchier (and that there'd be paint underneath it all here and there)

Are you concerned that it might degenerate over time, or do you keep it well out of the weather's way?

Nevertheless, looks pretty cool.
Old 08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymill View Post
Car looks awesome...

How'd you get that even rust patina? Did you just bring it down to bare metal and wait? I'd have thought that if it was covered in blackberry bushes, the rust would be much patchier (and that there'd be paint underneath it all here and there)

Are you concerned that it might degenerate over time, or do you keep it well out of the weather's way?

Nevertheless, looks pretty cool.
Nothing was done to it at all, I don't do Fake Patina, it all occured Naturally over the years it was just stood outside, the majority of it will have happened before the bushes covered the car, when it was just the Sun Baking down on it year afte year.
It has been Ankor Waxed which stops the rust where it is and completely protects it from the elements so no more can occure. I do keep it in the Garage although before that it used to be kept out on the drive in all Weathers without a problem.
Old 08-09-2009

that ratted karmann looks the dogs! I missed an opportunity to purchase a variant a few years back. it was lovely but I needed a working vehicle at the time, not a project.

this is the only 4 wheeled vehicle I run on the road (the kart isn't road legal):

I love it dearly, but recently I've been tempted to sell for an even bigger van with a part camper conversion, something like a LWB sprinter capable of carrying 2 karts + spares etc and still giving some living space. who knows. I might even need to sell it for a house deposit
Old 08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm_2008 View Post
that ratted karmann looks the dogs! I missed an opportunity to purchase a variant a few years back. it was lovely but I needed a working vehicle at the time, not a project.

this is the only 4 wheeled vehicle I run on the road (the kart isn't road legal):

I love it dearly, but recently I've been tempted to sell for an even bigger van with a part camper conversion, something like a LWB sprinter capable of carrying 2 karts + spares etc and still giving some living space. who knows. I might even need to sell it for a house deposit

Nows thats what im talking about i trying to get my dad to buy one for when i go surfing.
Micro 2.4ghz Reciever
Old 08-09-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

As you all most know i got a t4 transporter as a daily and just bought a mk2 golf gti!! There is a '67 cal look beetle in my garage somewhere too.
Loving the rat ghia
Old 08-09-2009

Default Merc + suzuki

Mercedes Vito Van

With Bed and entertainment unit

Suzuki M1800R

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm_2008 View Post

Thats nice, the missus daily drive is a 2000 T4 2.5TDi 102bhp with a 140+bhp Remap and De-Cat Pipe, it's a real nice Drive and Pulls like a Train!

Old 08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsy View Post
Nows thats what im talking about i trying to get my dad to buy one for when i go surfing.
yep. they're good for surfing - it will swallow my 8ft longboard with no problems whatsoever. and the limo tint means I can get changed in the back without any passer by seeing my dinkle.

liking the van and bike love!

T4s look the dogs. I like the new vitos too - I had an old school 108CDI before the t5, mechanically it was awesome, unfortunately the rust got too much.

bondy, make sure you keep on top of the cleaning on yours - waxoyl all the way.