Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 18-03-2012

Default Cougar SV1 or SV2?

After much deliberation, I've decided to go for a mid motored car to replace my B4 FT. With the release of the newer SV2, many shops are currently selling off the SV1 at reduced rates. Just wondered if there are any real significant differences in the performance of the two cars, or whether the SV1 is just as good to race competitively at regional/national events as the SV2? With the conversion from a B4, I fully understand that tools etc will need replacing, but what about wheels? Will B4 wheels fit ok? Or will I need to replace everything? I was originally debating on a C4.1 conversion, but with many teething problems seen on these forums etc, I think the Schumacher just seems more dialled out of the box. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Alex
Old 18-03-2012

Both great cars. I've raced my sv for 2 years now and loved every minute of it. I'm just waiting for the sv2 to come through the post but hopefully someone who's run them back to back can tell you the differences. You won't be dissapointed either way i'm sure .

Jolly Goodz.
WBMCC.
Team Autocare and Cycles.
Old 19-03-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Differences.

SV2 has different steering geometry, rear arm change, rear roll bar change, gearbox internals beefed up, different shock towers, longer chassis and more weight lower down.
Old 19-03-2012

Default SV2 on clay

Hello all,

The SV2 is a stunning looking car.
I need a new a new 2WD buggy but I need a car
that is good on clay because that surface is what
I race on most.
The SV1 (I have one) was far from brilliant on clay,
I got it to work OK, but it was nowhere near as good as
my old B4. On Astro the SV was awesome.
Is there someone out there that has driven the SV2 on
clay? If yes, how good was it?

Greetings

Hans
Old 20-03-2012

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me guys! Really am loving the look of the SV and SV2! I think based on budget, bearing in mind I'm going to have to buy spares, probably in the form of a cheap 2nd hand car, I'm going to go for the SV1. Numerous shops have them on offer as the newer model has been released so going to pic one up cheap. Based on the switch from the B4, I think I'll notice a big difference with the SV1 and although it would be nice to have the newer SV2, the SV1 still seems really competitive :-).