Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 14-01-2019

Default vintage PB Alpha 1/8th circuit car

Found this in my dad's loft recently with a decent amount of original spares from way back, probably late 70's but maybe early 80's. Not sure if these are rare or of any interest these days but remember how much I loved driving this 2 speed beast as a kid. Wasn't long before 4wd versions came out which vastly out performed it but can't beat a bit of proper 2wd madness! hopefully there should be a couple of pics attached if I got that bit right!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190111_142435.jpg (1.31 MB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 20190111_142427.jpg (1.26 MB, 37 views)
Old 14-01-2019

For sale?
Old 14-01-2019
Mad Member

Wow that looks mad
Old 17-01-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedal View Post
For sale?
Potentially yes, no idea of a value on it though? I can't see me getting much use out of it now and I've got another 1/8 scale circuit car my Grandad built from scratch to restore! I'll give it the PB bit of a clean up and post some better pictures.
Old 17-01-2019
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by covertfox View Post
Potentially yes, no idea of a value on it though? I can't see me getting much use out of it now and I've got another 1/8 scale circuit car my Grandad built from scratch to restore! I'll give it the PB bit of a clean up and post some better pictures.
EBay maybe be best to get the correct price for it. £1 max final value fee this weekend too
Old 20-01-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz75 View Post
EBay maybe be best to get the correct price for it. £1 max final value fee this weekend too
Cheers, I stopped using eBay after Paypal literally robbed me and I closed my account so I'll clean it up a bit and try and come up with a price to offer it on here, more keen for it to find a good home than try and make money out of it. It was a beast in its day, screaming down the straight at Lilford Park at 60mph+ when that second gear kicked in!

Good news is I just found the original paperwork for the chassis and engine and there's plenty of spares to keep it running so should make a good project for someone with the time for it.
Old 20-01-2019
Mad Member

Fair enough. There are couple sold on eBay and a few PB 1/8th scale nitro available on there too to give you an idea of prices