Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 13-12-2011

Default 2012 EofE regionals

What tracks in the east wil be holding regionals next year, is there any new tracks?
Old 14-12-2011
Mad Member

At the present time I don't believe there are any plans in place for a series next year, based on what was discussed at the AGM.

With regards to tracks there are the following in the region, all of which run a club series:

Mid Essex Remote Car Club - Braxted
Colchester Model Car Club
Coastal Model Car Club - Ipswich
Norfolk Buggy Club - Norwich

There is also talk that the former club of ARC may have a 1/10th track ready, which won't be far from the Colchester Club and a club at Boughton close to Downham Market could also have a track ready for 2012.

However things could change over the winter break so just keep an eye out.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 14-12-2011

Oh right that would be a terrible shame if our Region didn't hold a series, especially as clubs are building new tracks! Colchester now has a permanent layout with proper jumps and a banked hairpin.
Old 14-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEMsport View Post
Colchester now has a permanent layout with proper jumps and a banked hairpin.
Now this i did not know. Good newsHow many are racing off road and will this continue throughout the winter?

Any pics of the track, raced for one rnd of 2011 series and thought it was a great track.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/b4sloth01/
Old 14-12-2011

Well the Colchester track layout has only been down a week or two but we have been preparing the surface for about a month before, the club is mainly on road although now we have a permanent track hopefully it will encourage drivers to run on and off road
Old 15-12-2011
Mad Member

That sounds promising for the club and may help to boost the regional side of things in the long term.

It might be worth looking into sorting out a regional series in the new year. However the support needs to be there from clubs and racers, which it clearly wasn't at the AGM that was held to discuss 2012 and appoint a new Rep. Only four people turned up, representing just two of the clubs in the region, which meant that nothing got resolved.

Should clubs and racers want a regional series in 2012 I suggest relevant communication starts ASAP!

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!
Old 16-12-2011

UPDATE
We are aiming to have a track built for end of April 2012 so would be able to host regional round.
Would like to thank everyone for their ongoing support as has been a long road trying to secure a PERMANANT venue for you.
Have a great Christmas.

Mark
ARC events manager
Old 16-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
That sounds promising for the club and may help to boost the regional side of things in the long term.

It might be worth looking into sorting out a regional series in the new year. However the support needs to be there from clubs and racers, which it clearly wasn't at the AGM that was held to discuss 2012 and appoint a new Rep. Only four people turned up, representing just two of the clubs in the region, which meant that nothing got resolved.

Should clubs and racers want a regional series in 2012 I suggest relevant communication starts ASAP!

The strange thing was,that of the 2 clubs that attended the AGM,only one was from the Suffolk/essex area (coasral/more rc),the largest numbers of 10th drivers in the EOE seem to be baised in this area, the other club was from central norfolk (NBC), a good 100mile round trip from the nearest compeating club! and also a club that never held a round
So...where were the other clubs/drivers on the night of the AGM? Must still be some intrest down there, as one club has now built a perminent track,and another is about to build one.

To hold a regional series,this region requires a number of clubs AND drivers to work together and support it as a region,This means clubs may need to do more than just hold a meeting...they could even encorage there members to travel to others!

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 16-12-2011

Racing Dwarf quote
To hold a regional series,this region requires a number of clubs AND drivers to work together and support it as a region,This means clubs may need to do more than just hold a meeting...they could even encorage there members to travel to others!

I agree totally and I really do think the interest in our region is growing!
How cool would a support class of short course be, or would it dilute the 2 and 4wd entries??
Old 16-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdwarf View Post
So...where were the other clubs/drivers on the night of the AGM?
At work, or at least I was
Old 16-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

To be fair john I think you would have said anything you wanted raised to Ben. Fully understood that indviduals had work commitments etc

I was having a bit more of a prod at the clubs that were unable to send any for of rep,would have thought most of the clubs would have been able to send some lucky sole,AGM was in the area

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 18-12-2011

Now your doing short course i will be at all of the rounds

Old 18-12-2011

I am loving the short course at the moment, i can't get enough of it, don't know weather to enter the short course of defend my 2wd and 4wd titles though. Doing all three will definately be a bridge to far
Old 18-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by No. 46 View Post
I am loving the short course at the moment, i can't get enough of it, don't know weather to enter the short course of defend my 2wd and 4wd titles though. Doing all three will definately be a bridge to far
2, 4 and SC 2012 Champ! Now that would be impressive!