Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 05-07-2014

Default PLEASE NOTE

Due to a conflict of interests I will not be attending the Regional at ARC tomorrow. As im sure you will have seen I currently work out the heats using a drivers average from their last 4meetings (using 2012/13 and current season). Late bookings have been received and as stated they may not get seeded, in this instance it worked out as we had enough entries to fairly add these drivers into an appropiate heat. We also have the 2012 champion returning and his average is high enough to be top seed. The decision has been taken out of my hands and heats resorted so that top seed has a high average but is down in the championship, the current 3rd place driver goes in heat 1 as he booked in late. Other late entries are in higher heats despite having a lower average and lower championship position. 2 drivers with who have earned a decent average have been placed in a bottom heat. I have been placed in the top heat despite not reaching an A final last season, an A final regular over the last 2 years has been placed bottom in 2nd top heat. Despite coming up with a fair system and spending hours putting it in place, I have been told my system makes no sense, yet a system where by we have a mix of championship positions, results and late entries does not leave us with consistent fair heats which is what I have been trying to do. I cannot justify a club refusing to do as I requested when I am running the series, so I refuse to support this meeting.
Old 06-07-2014

I feel sorry for you Colin that you have been put in this situation. How come it's takdn till round 4 for an objection to the way you sort the heats?
Old 06-07-2014

I hope you change your mind, but can understand how you must feel. This is disappointing for the region, yet again 1 persons attitude has let your well oiled series hit trouble. I for one like your system, although you could add a drop score into it lol. Mainly due to a disaster in Qualy at nbc!

I can't understand why arc wouldn't want to gain popularity, not negative feedback. Sadly mercc is not on the calendar, but they always had a friendly meeting and always tried to be a good host. Colchester also has a great attitude.

Chin up Colin, just another speed bump...
Old 06-07-2014

Well said Colin, you're the rep, what you say goes! Irrespective of whether a host club agrees or not.

Norfolks Number 1 All Weather Astro Venue.
Old 06-07-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmodelweek View Post
Well said Colin, you're the rep, what you say goes! Irrespective of whether a host club agrees or not.
+1 on that, none of the other clubs have had an issue this year with how things have been worked out, this stinks of people trying to help out their mates by moving competitors into disadvantaged positions

That and the state the track was in today means I won't be going back to ARC again, if I wanted to race at the beach with random things sticking out of it, I'd go to the sea side.
Old 06-07-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

having run a regional this year I was very glad colin did the heats as it's a hot potato that I was very glad not to deal with! God only knows why ARC took the decision and tbh I don't think hosting clubs should just take over regional decisions?

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 06-07-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
+1 on that, none of the other clubs have had an issue this year with how things have been worked out, this stinks of people trying to help out their mates by moving competitors into disadvantaged positions

That and the state the track was in today means I won't be going back to ARC again, if I wanted to race at the beach with random things sticking out of it, I'd go to the sea side.

Didn't miss much then, still world class track

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 06-07-2014

Ok, so after a challenging regional at arc, will normal service resume at the next rounds? Also, there were no trophies today, will they be passed on in due course?
Old 06-07-2014

Default Trophies

Colin has the trophies James.Will get them at the next round.Colin has done a superb job so far with the support of all of the competitors.So a little glitch is nothing to worry about.See you all at the next round.
Tamiya M06 low rider pumpkin
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 06-07-2014

I an awaiting trophies, my supplier was on holiday this week and his e mails with my order were not checked, to which he is not happy. I did say to mark its a shame but i will hand them out at herts or send them out.
Old 06-07-2014

Excellent meeting today even thou the PA blew up at the start. Thanks to ever helped out with that
Very slippy to start the day and super grippy at the end (if you had stayed )

Last edited by Checa; 07-07-2014 at 05:14 AM. Reason: I'm no keyboard warrior and can talk to people face to face if they have a problem
Old 06-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checa View Post
Excellent meeting today even thou the PA blew up at the start. Thanks to ever helped out with that
Colchester Club....No problem
Old 07-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
Colchester Club....No problem
Well done to the Colchester club for helping out, I think Mark might have lost his voice otherwise!

Danny - like your keyboard warrior comment

Also well done to the ref's, Mr Hubbard stepped up again (between fixing his car)
Old 07-07-2014

Thanks to all those who reminded me why I stopped racing in the regionals a couple of years ago
Old 15-07-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checa View Post
Very slippy to start the day and super grippy at the end (if you had stayed )

I'll second that Was a fun meeting and nice to race on a new track having not visited last year. Weather made it a challenge, but good fun all the same.

Norfolk Buggy Club- Norfolk's 1/10th and 1/8th Premier Off Road Model Car Club in association with BRCA East of England 1/10 Off Road Regional Racing

JemmettFox- Accountants and Business Advisors

Click any of the above to head to the website!