Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 13-11-2013

Default Shoe goo

No one at my club has ever used shoe goo on the outside edges of our gt12 tires to stop chunking tires, so I don't know how much I should use/apply any info would be appreciated
Old 14-11-2013
Mad Member

Shoegoo won't do the job, it will actually grip on the carpet. You need superglue, applied on the sidewall up to the point where it meets the flat of the tyre, and not further. HTH
Old 14-11-2013

Thanks for your take on it, I must admit i have always used superglue to reduce grip but from other forums shoe goo seems to be a new way forward
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (612.5 KB, 27 views)
Old 15-11-2013
Mad Member

My personal view is that is mixed advice. ShoeGoo will strengthen the sidewalls to help prevent splitting and chunking, but it is heavy compared to a smear of EvoStick. It won't do much for preventing grip roll as it has good grip on carpet and will move with the tyre. But if they've tried it and it works...

If you are concerned about the superglue splitting, try one of the flexible types used by model aircraft gilders for foam wings and fuselages. I've never had any trouble with normal superglue. It can split where the foam meets the plastic wheel, but it is a simple enough job to put another smear on to repair that. HTH