Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 16-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Really ?????

Seems your owner's think differently on a well known social networking website....

Nice to see Kev has the congratulations he deserved... from one of his sponsors. After all this is toy car racing!!!
Please dont misquote anything I have supposed to have said or not said and to clarify I have NO owners, I own and run both DMS Racing and X-Factory UK with no other directors or partners...

You also question my comments that there were no team orders, there were not, Kevin knew the FULL situation both for his own personal result and the teams and he was allowed to make his own decision on what he thought was right or wrong, he was not ordered by me to do anything...Kevin will confirm this.

I was one of the very first to shake Kevins hand and congratulate him on his win when he came down from leg 3 as I was also one of the first 3 or 4 to congratulate Tom also on his achievement too.

It is TOY car racing for some yes and you also have to remember it is business for others too, they are entitled to their opinion, especially when "toy" car race teams and employing drivers to try to win championships costs them money, lots of it too each and every season....

You may want to think things through a little better with the correct facts before you post next time John, if you have anything else you would like to know or discuss on the topic you have my number feel free to call me...
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 16-08-2010
Mad Member

Darren,

Wasn't saying you ordered anything...

From an outside view, you was quick to come on here saying about team orders!!
Perhaps something that shouldn't have been mentioned when the owners of X-Factory - (Which on your post you stated do not have team orders!!!) basically puts something different on his facebook page ???

I was just stating something that many people were thinking... and then having read what i read was quite disappointed!! And once again i never mentioned DMS or X Factory UK... Yes i did see you congratulate Kev and good on you.. Perhaps something others could learn from.

So.... what part was mis-quoted ??
Old 16-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

You put "Really" to my whole quoted passage, plus you put "my" owners,- I have none hence I clarified who owns DMS and XF UK....

I am left in charge of the UK race team, however the factory in the states provides ALL of the racers equipment and deals with all finances when it comes to race bonus' and expense's etc...

Each driver has a contract that they sign and each driver knows they are "employed" to get the best possible results that they can for their race team. Now whilst Kev's result, in any ordinary day, was a superb individual effort and a stunning and dominant drive, it did not produce the end result that the team as a whole and the owners of the company who make the car would have desired. I guess for them it was like bending down to find a £10 note in the gutter and then dropping your whole wallet down a drain as you bent down to pick it up, a bonus in one hand and gutting in the other.....

I was right to say there was no team orders, since there wasnt any, it was left down to Kevin to decide whether he wanted personall glory or team glory, if there had of been orders then Ellis would still be champion - period.

Lets be honest too, ANY other team, and you would have seen a different result as many of the people responsible for the other teams have already confirmed to me since saturday either to my face or on the phone, in fact no one was more surprised they won than the guys at Schuey themselves, right from the head of the company down through the staff and even God himself...... and once more well done to them, for a great win, which was earnt over 6 very hard fought rounds which ended up with three different drivers (and brands) tied on the same points and only seperated by countback. In some countries/series the tie breaker would have still seen Ellis champion, in other countries Pidge would have been champion, it was that close, but there can only be one winner (at least we can say we trianed him for a couple of seasons )

Edit, just to add, when I was driving home on saturday night, I was chatting with Tony Bloomfield (who I was giving a lift too) and I said it was one of the weirdest feelings I had ever had coming home from a meeting. Normally, when any of the lads have done well at a national in the last few seasons since I have been in charge of X-Factory here in the UK, you feel really hyped up/chuffed with the result and of course the knock on effect it is likley to have on business too of course if I am honest. Yet despite an awesome display by both Kev and Ellis on saturday in conditions that are not supposed to suit our car (wet and slippery), they locked out the front row of the grid and cleaned up in the finals too, a result I should of been beaming about, but I must admit I still felt a little gutted that we had let "our" title go, the one we had held for the last two years. We knew it would come to an end one day and going in to saturday we felt quite sure that it was very likely to be that day too, especially with Tom and Lee in particular in such strong positions already in the series, but to see Tom slip up and only make the B and to outqualifying Pidge too gave us some real hope that it might still be on. To then be in the position to have the 2wd national title for the third year running in your own hands/destiny (as a team) and see it slip away as result of your own "teams" actions/decisions it is a feeling that 99.9% of "toy" car racers will NEVER experience and as a result will never fully understand either...................

Last edited by Darren Boyle; 16-08-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: added the last bit......
Old 16-08-2010
Mad Member

Thankyou....

just to clarify 'Really' was in relation to your post X Factory don't have team orders. If you had stated UK then i would not have mentioned. This was followed by 'my owners' as you stated X Factory and not the mentioned DMS or X Factory UK.

All i am really saying is i am yet to see in the X Factory thread Congratulations to Kev Lee on his and X Factory's win ??? If there wasn't any team orders etc etc... then surely a quick post on the thread isn't going to hurt after all he is part of the X Factory team/family.

At least this year as like others.... we have a true champion... I am hoping Ellis (who i have alot of respect for on and off the track) would never have wanted Kev to pull over so he could win the championship...
Old 17-08-2010

I don't think any other team would have made orders! Kev won on saturday by a country mile. Tom also won the championship fair and square from where i stand! He had no other drivers from schumacher give him any extra points/places, as it should be!!!
If i had a chance to win a nationl event, i wouldn't move over to let another driver win, however much money was involved and i also wouldn't want to be part of a team if they asked me to!!!!!!
Old 17-08-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

we know who won on saturday but any ideas who won on sunday?
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 17-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Kev Lee again
Old 17-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabesto View Post
I don't think any other team would have made orders! Kev won on saturday by a country mile. Tom also won the championship fair and square from where i stand! He had no other drivers from schumacher give him any extra points/places, as it should be!!!
If i had a chance to win a nationl event, i wouldn't move over to let another driver win, however much money was involved and i also wouldn't want to be part of a team if they asked me to!!!!!!
Very easy to say when you have not been in that situation.....

And trust me other teasm DO make orders, far more often then you would ever know.....
Old 17-08-2010
LeeOtard

lets just shut up about team orders and all continue to say well done Tom.......

Great drive this year. good work!!!

Also well done Kev for all of this weekend. superb driving throughout!
Old 17-08-2010
Mad Member

Default Congrats

Well done Lee for 4WD title

Well done Tom for a highly successful year - Belgium double, national 2WD

Hope all goes well for team UK in the euro's and with so many drivers driving well - should give the foreigners a run for their money.
Old 17-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshy40 View Post
we know who won on saturday but any ideas who won on sunday?
MR. Kev Lee - not only did he win he TQ'ed all of his rounds and won 2 of his finals. Bringing home the win easily!! Well Done

http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk
Old 17-08-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie B4 View Post
Well done Lee for 4WD title

Well done Tom for a highly successful year - Belgium double, national 2WD

Hope all goes well for team UK in the euro's and with so many drivers driving well - should give the foreigners a run for their money.
Indeed. Good luck at the Euro's people.
Old 17-08-2010
#1 ZX5 fan

Who's Tom Cockerill? Is he new?

Nortech is ACE!
Old 17-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by super__dan View Post
Who's Tom Cockerill? Is he new?
Some say he has the power to control the weather,

all we know is, he's called GOD.

Well done Tom good results all year
Old 17-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
lets just shut up about team orders and all continue to say well done Tom.......

Great drive this year. good work!!!

Also well done Kev for all of this weekend. superb driving throughout!
The only reason you want them to shut up about team orders is because you have no team to have orders LOL. You would have to pull over and let yourself through.

A big well done to all three Tom Ellis and Lee the driving I have seen this year has been imense, I missed the last round so didnt see the climax (my wife says that as well LOL) of a close season.

A big well done from me to Tom national champ and a top bloke to.
Old 23-08-2010
Super Moderator

Well done Tom.

Also, well done Kev, Ellis, Lee, and all the other A finalists, it was great to watch. From a spectators point of view of the 3 finals I have to say it was awesome, if Carlsberg made national championship deciders......