Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 11-09-2010

Default Rennicks Modeltune

Howdy all, just wanted to give everyone a heads up on Rennicks Modeltune. Placed an order recently that never arrived, no response from the shop to emails, called a few times but a total waste of time, bloke had no idea about anything. Asked for a refund but was totaly ingnored, with my credit card company now. Just wanted to warn everyone to be careful so that no one else looses their money !!!
Old 11-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model Mechanix View Post
Howdy all, just wanted to give everyone a heads up on Rennicks Modeltune. Placed an order recently that never arrived, no response from the shop to emails, called a few times but a total waste of time, bloke had no idea about anything. Asked for a refund but was totaly ingnored, with my credit card company now. Just wanted to warn everyone to be careful so that no one else looses their money !!!
Shame, I only ever used them once, and they were great, a few years ago now though!

Good luck getting sorted!
Old 12-09-2010

this is simply appalling for a business to act that way - particularly when dealing with a community of enthusiasts. they gain nothing, piss off customers and loose business.

Hope you'll get your money back from your visa company. and thanks for letting others know.

RC Sailboats are also coooool
Check out www.iomireland.org
Old 13-09-2010

i have access to a company check facility and had a look at this place.

"Modeltune Ltd" was dissolved on 20 August 2010. If you need names of Directors, addresses, etc, PM me and i'll let you know!

Good luck retrieving your cash!

Team Associated B4.1
Dublin Model Car Club

Xbox360/PS3: Dannyeire
Old 13-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundy View Post
i have access to a company check facility and had a look at this place.

"Modeltune Ltd" was dissolved on 20 August 2010. If you need names of Directors, addresses, etc, PM me and i'll let you know!

Good luck retrieving your cash!
Wouldn't have labelled Andrew Rennick as being a dodgy character....
hhhmmmm, sure Mick B has his number through the RCCAOI
Old 13-09-2010

A friend told me about this post and I am glad they did.

Model Mechanix - I am unaware of your issue, but please contact me and I will ensure that everything is resolved. I always strive to ensure we provide the best possible cutsomer service and I hope our hundreds of satified customers would agree with that. I would also welcome your feedback on my staff - whom regularly receive praise rather than critism, and while they can't be expert in everything, always do their best.

With regard Modeltune Ltd - Rennick's Modeltune operates as a Sole Trader in legal struture terms. I had formed the company Modeltune Ltd, but never actually operated it - hence recently had it dissolved. This has no impact on the way the shop has or will continue to be run.

I trust this resolves everyones concerns, and I hope we can continue to provide you all with your modelling needs and accessories for many years to come.

Andrew Rennick
Rennick's Modeltune
Old 13-09-2010

Sorry your recent transaction has not yet worked out to your satisfaction.

However, after knowing the owner of this shop for the past 20 years, I can categorically state that he is not a dodgy character in any way, and neither is there anything dubious about how he operates his shop.

FACTS - as can be backed up by a lot of other racers on this island and much further afield.
Old 13-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eda View Post
Sorry your recent transaction has not yet worked out to your satisfaction.

However, after knowing the owner of this shop for the past 20 years, I can categorically state that he is not a dodgy character in any way, and neither is there anything dubious about how he operates his shop.

FACTS - as can be backed up by a lot of other racers on this island and much further afield.
Andrew just hasn't been the same since loosing the "who can snap a yokomo wishbone with their bare hands" battle in Southport in 1995!
Old 14-09-2010

Thanks for the comments all.

Modeltune thanks for posting, you have a PM.
Old 14-09-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modeltune View Post
A friend told me about this post and I am glad they did.

Model Mechanix - I am unaware of your issue, but please contact me and I will ensure that everything is resolved. I always strive to ensure we provide the best possible cutsomer service and I hope our hundreds of satified customers would agree with that. I would also welcome your feedback on my staff - whom regularly receive praise rather than critism, and while they can't be expert in everything, always do their best.

With regard Modeltune Ltd - Rennick's Modeltune operates as a Sole Trader in legal struture terms. I had formed the company Modeltune Ltd, but never actually operated it - hence recently had it dissolved. This has no impact on the way the shop has or will continue to be run.

I trust this resolves everyones concerns, and I hope we can continue to provide you all with your modelling needs and accessories for many years to come.

Andrew Rennick
Rennick's Modeltune
Glad to hear all is ok Andrew
Old 14-09-2010

Send a message via MSN to rich_cree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy555 View Post
Andrew just hasn't been the same since loosing the "who can snap a yokomo wishbone with their bare hands" battle in Southport in 1995!
Wow, that was a very very funny episode! To back up what's been said, you won't find a more honest man in the rc industry than Andy.
Old 14-09-2010

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that Andrew has sorted this out and rectified the situation. Still don't fully know what went wrong but in fairness to Andrew he has put things right fairly quickly when he found out there was a problem.

Thanks for all your comments and advice.