Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 25-11-2016

I'd rather that they made two cars for different surfaces. This way the customer has the choices to pick which one will suit them best. You're not obliged to buy both but personally I'd rather that they don't have a one car fits all philosophy.
Old 25-11-2016

Send a message via MSN to D20MCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazp83 View Post
Surely any 'dirt' car is designed for the usa and not applicable here, so seems good you won't have to buy parts to run on our surfaces.
I'm getting the 'dirt' version of this, I race in Scotland and we don't have high grip tracks, we race on grass most of the time. Not all of the astro tracks are high grip more medium grip and this car will work just as well as anything.

Everyone is so critical in this hobby, never happy with something new and then the fan boys come out say it's a copy.
Old 25-11-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J77MYF View Post
I like the way kyosho have included everything in their new 2wd kit. It's a bit more money but you've got everything you'll ever need and more in one box.
Thats fine until you need a dry car but it's built up in the wet/low grip car, you would be looking at least 30 mins to swap them over.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 25-11-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
Thats fine until you need a dry car but it's built up in the wet/low grip car, you would be looking at least 30 mins to swap them over.
Yeah I'd probably end up soldiering on with it rather than swapping half of the car over, especially if it was covered in wet mud and/or sand. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing it in action

Modelsport UK Race Team | Schumacher KC
Old 26-11-2016

Definitely cant wait to see this car in action should be great excited to see the differences with the carpet/astro car too
Old 26-11-2016
Mad Member

I think people shouldn't be too afraid about requiring two 4WDs. In short, I think the differences in design and layout between low- and high-grip 2WDs are bigger than low- and high-grip 4WDs.

Imagine what the astro version might look like: A slipper, hard A-arms, slightly different shock towers, some top deck mods, different kit springs & anti-roll bars and different roll centre settings with the adjustability that's already there...

The differences are not nearly as big as you see with 2WD, and for 2WD there is a wide range of grip where both LCG and HCG gearboxes are both competitive in their own way. If that's the case with 2WD I don't see why this would be different with 4WD. Ask yourself this: Isn't it that you need two 4WDs only as much as you're letting yourself be tempted to?

All in all I think it's really cool that a new Asso 4WD is finally around the corner. It's clearly inspired by other cars out there, but I guess at this time Asso benefits more from having a car with solid performance and familiar design rather than something unique that might not work well.

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy

Last edited by Origineelreclamebord; 26-11-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 26-11-2016

Where's the like button! Well said .
Old 28-11-2016

ditto ^^^ well said ^^^