Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > East of England

Old 19-03-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufty07 View Post
hows d 2wd goin? is it still in 1 piece?
I think Ben's Cougar is in much the same condition as my Losi 22, still in the box it came in
Old 19-03-2011

Saw the engraving peeps this morning! Your timing was perfect. However, they charge per letter, so I had to go with ben for both titles.

Anyone wondering who the winners are in a recession, need look no further than people with short names in rare 'pence per letter' scenarios

Mr D, i am afraid that John hit the proverbial nail on the head. A certain moggy is still locked in it's box waiting for some build time. I do however, now have all the electrics to drop in.
Old 20-03-2011

Default hard times

Yeah ben due 2 that reason I have had 2 go back 2 brushed in d 2wd, so if anyones got old motors or brushes goin VERY cheep(free) , still I enjoy tinkerin with the motors n watchin simon skimmin them, very therapeutic n stuff, but it wont stop me KICKIN ARSE!!!! Just slow me down a bit on very steep ski slope style hills.........
Old 20-03-2011

If they do charge by the letter i better not try and win it, it would bankrupt the region
Old 27-03-2011

The good news is that the provisional numbers for Round 1 is looking good. The bad news is that many haven't actually booked in yet.

Focusing on the good and not that some people are adverse to a pre-booking system It appears that round 1 has the potential of being a relative success. As one for not overselling something, I would like to say, it's going to be bloody awesome!!! So get booked in, oil the shocks, polish the shells and be here......

COASTAL MODEL CAR CLUB - IPSWICH. IP2 8NG

on

SUNDAY 10th APRIL 2011
Old 28-03-2011

I raced at Coastal yesterday and have to say I am feeling really positive about the regional in a couple of weeks. There was a good turn out of off-road drivers yesterday including some new faces who really enjoyed it.

They unveiled their new table top jump yesterday, and it made the racing much more interesting... you cant have an off-road track without some good jumps in my mind!

So roll on the 10th, and here's hoping I can cause an upset.... and I dont mean by crashing into someone!
- Frankenstein DEX410 -
- Schumacher Cougar Classic -
- Xray T4 2013-
- Tamiya Monster Beetle Black Edition -

oOple Trader Feedback
Old 28-03-2011

Loving the ramp already. I have a few moves planned for this seasons racing with big air a promise

any pics from yesterday?
Old 28-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4 Sloth View Post
Loving the ramp already. I have a few moves planned for this seasons racing with big air a promise

any pics from yesterday?
George had to source a CWDM fibre transit link. He's uploading something in the region of 240 pictures!
Old 28-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benh View Post
The good news is that the provisional numbers for Round 1 is looking good. The bad news is that many haven't actually booked in yet.

Focusing on the good and not that some people are adverse to a pre-booking system It appears that round 1 has the potential of being a relative success. As one for not overselling something, I would like to say, it's going to be bloody awesome!!! So get booked in, oil the shocks, polish the shells and be here......

COASTAL MODEL CAR CLUB - IPSWICH. IP2 8NG

on

SUNDAY 10th APRIL 2011
Why dont people bother to book in online? it makes so much sense and also has the added effect of promoting the fact that the series is worth doing!
Old 28-03-2011

Piccies at the link http://community.webshots.com/album/579969467LNnGnf

Great days racing yesterday, really busy races which were all fast and furious.

The track will be much the same for the regional, might be a few different sections but the general layout will be the same
Old 28-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEMsport View Post
Why dont people bother to book in online? it makes so much sense and also has the added effect of promoting the fact that the series is worth doing!
I think (athough don't treat this as gospel). Most are quite new to it all. Others are restricted by other commitments like rugrats and work and can't make plans too far in advance.

Hopefully, with fingers crossed a reasonable turnout, a nicely thought out track (no pressure George!) and some close racing, it should elevate the buzz for round 2!

I'll make sure I am about Saturday Mr F, to give you hand with the track. Now did we say that we were going to publish a short straight and stick a 4 mile one on or publish a long straight and put a short one in?
Old 29-03-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi all, were do you book in then?, I hit the EoE link in bens sig, but I just get a blank black page...or is that just for me

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 29-03-2011

Update your FLASH Player then try again....
Kyosho RB 6.7
MB MODELS www.rccarshop.co.uk
www.ghostrc.co.uk
Old 30-03-2011
Mad Member

'tiss a bit of a strange site, looked last night with my iPhone, and my name was on the list, looked again now on the pc, and I'm gone
Old 30-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
'tiss a bit of a strange site, looked last night with my iPhone, and my name was on the list, looked again now on the pc, and I'm gone
Erm oops......

I was updating it, and saved the wrong file, which lost the entry list. During the rebuild, (going through the submissions) I missed your name. A system is only as good as its administrators.

Refresh your cookies and your name will re-appear! Also - It's no good on Iphones. I have tried, it. Ok for the front page and getting some dates, but the rest is poor.

Dave, if you have problems with the site, please drop me the following for anyone who your entering. (Simon is spot on though. Just a flash update and you'll get on ok)

Name:
BRCA Number:
Class: 2WD/4WD or Both
XTALS:
Emergency Contact Number:
Old 30-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
I feel that ben is wiping out competition using some form of psychological warfare tactic john.
Old 30-03-2011

Damn you sloth and your investigative prowess! I suppose it was obvious as I'd left zippers name on there! Mwahahaha

How's your 22 coming along?
Old 30-03-2011

Not started yet....still doing the bathroom

Will be building it one day next week Cougar been started?

Still need to source/ borrow/ beg/ be given a free gemini 2 compatible receiver to stick in the bx so i can run both classes
Old 31-03-2011
Mad Member

I did think it was some underhand tactics by Benny as well, George's name will be the next to go missing

Steve, you won't belive this, but Ben's Cougar is finished, within a year of getting it to
Old 05-04-2011

I posted some silly bloody reply to this ages ago. But between typing it and posting it I must have been logged out. Sidetracked doing important things like erm...... ordering rc parts.

The Cougar is built and is ready. It's problem is the shell. I couldn't get it sprayed in time for this weekend. A certain Mr Miller is a very very popular person for spraying and has a >2 week lead time. SO I am off to spread malicious rumours about his work so I dont have to wait again

Meanwhile - we have some new cars making an appearance: 2011 spec cougars, at least 2 x Losi 22's, and a nice car with a marmite shell, the Vega.

Anyone bringing an AE 4.1?

Last edited by Benh; 05-04-2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: speeeeeliing