Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 09-08-2011

Default Help For Heroes Sunday 14th August

As asked for i have details regards this sundays racing at the Abbey school Faversham in aid of the help for heroes charity.

For those of you that are coming down the M2 it could not be easier, just take junction 6 turn left then turn left again onto the A2 then its the next left into the Abbey school just before the foot bridge. when you get there just tell the people on the gate that you are with the FORCC car racing club and they will let you in, once in we are at the far side of the field you can not miss us. We only have a limited amount of space to pit in so if you can car share it may be a good idea but do not worry too much as we all squeezed in last year but that said you will be asked buy me to park tight in are allowed area so we can all fit in.

We will be getting there for 7 oclock and it would be great if you could get there at this time as we have to build the track from scratch, there is no power so you will need to bring your own that said we will have the club gennie there for those that have no way of getting power. the post code for the school is ME13 8RZ.

Think thats all you need to know to get you there and racing and please make the effort to come as it is for such a great cause and the racing is fun with lots and i mean lots of the public watching us which has to be good for our great sport.

Hope to see you there on sunday and if you go over to the FORCC website you will see that Jon has put lots of details on there as well regards this sunday.
Kind regards Alan. PS link below to our website

http://www.forcc.co.uk/
Old 09-08-2011

Hey Hey!!! looking forward to this one! can't wait!
Old 09-08-2011

Ross and myself should be there, just need to sort out some power, and tyres for the old 2wd..

Old but still enjoying myself.
Old 10-08-2011
Mad Member

Providing I've moved house by then I'll be there!!
Old 10-08-2011

what class is everyone doing then cant decide what car to use...
Old 10-08-2011
Mad Member

Hopefully several of the EPR 'team' will be there, we are currently sorting the logistics!
Mixed entries from us, 2WD, 4WD and maybe the odd Stadium Truck!

Am I to assume that commentary may be required again this year?
Old 10-08-2011
Mad Member

Ya boo sucks to the Stadium Trucks - come on Steve you know SC is the way to go!!!

But of course we would love to have your commentary
Old 10-08-2011
Mad Member

Nah, Stadium Trucks are making a come back, check this out:

http://www.liverc.com/news/special_f...s_from_LRC%21/

hope that's not too secret!
Old 10-08-2011

stadium trucks all the way...
Old 14-08-2011

Absolutly fantastic days racing.
Throughly enjoyed myself all day.
Old 14-08-2011

Default Help for Heroes Raceday

Thank You for a most enjoyable day, my first outdoor racing for 10 months!
FORCC know how to put on a good show, only due to the considerable efforts of the Crew (You know who you all are!)
Pleased to see the Eden Park racers.
Some top class racing from Stuart, Will and James in the 4WD A Final. Shame I was in it, as I couldn't concentrate on my own effort!
Did see excellent Truck racing from Dave and Neil, and 2wd from Chris, James and Lewis.
Again, thank you!
Old 14-08-2011

Really good day, calm and relaxed racing! Had come good battles aswell

Will
Old 14-08-2011
Mad Member

spot on racing today well done to all.
Old 15-08-2011
Mad Member

What a fantastic days racing and a superb advert not just for the FORCC but for off road racing in the South East in general!

3rd year on the trot we've been blessed with dry weather, and yesterday has to have been the biggest and best HFH event so far - I can't believe the number of show cars, the size of the bootfair and the sheer quantity of public walking round.

A huge thanks has to go to the FORCC crew for staging this event - great track to race on, our new rostrum is superb as well and as ever the computer side of things ran flawlessly.

A huge thanks to Steve Brooke for his informed commentary - I know with an event of this nature it's vital to keep the public interested and informed without baffling them with tech jargon - thank you again Steve.

Also a massive thanks obviously to the 52 (yes FIFTY TWO) drivers who came to play yesterday and put on such a great display - you're a credit to the sport.

Personally a big thank you to the other Mr Andrews for letting me piggy back off his genny, and to Shareef for providing me some shelter from the sun (and apologies again for the large portion I gave your truck on the straight!)

Anyone I've missed - feel free to put your hands up and take the credit you deserve
Old 15-08-2011

What a great show by Forcc superb.
The whole event raised about 10 grand for Hfh brilliant
Old 15-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
What a fantastic days racing and a superb advert not just for the FORCC but for off road racing in the South East in general!

3rd year on the trot we've been blessed with dry weather, and yesterday has to have been the biggest and best HFH event so far - I can't believe the number of show cars, the size of the bootfair and the sheer quantity of public walking round.

A huge thanks has to go to the FORCC crew for staging this event - great track to race on, our new rostrum is superb as well and as ever the computer side of things ran flawlessly.

A huge thanks to Steve Brooke for his informed commentary - I know with an event of this nature it's vital to keep the public interested and informed without baffling them with tech jargon - thank you again Steve.

Also a massive thanks obviously to the 52 (yes FIFTY TWO) drivers who came to play yesterday and put on such a great display - you're a credit to the sport.

Personally a big thank you to the other Mr Andrews for letting me piggy back off his genny, and to Shareef for providing me some shelter from the sun (and apologies again for the large portion I gave your truck on the straight!)

Anyone I've missed - feel free to put your hands up and take the credit you deserve
Totaly, totaly agree Mate. Fabbo tastic day! a great way to return to outdoor racing after a huge lay off. Cant thank everyone enough.
Old 16-08-2011

Hi boys and girls just wanted to add my own personal thanks to you all for showing up in such great numbers on sunday, and raising £250 which I handed over to Ian Tarrant i.e. the main organiser of the whole event at the end of the day, and he wanted me to say a big big thank you to you all for raising such a great amount of money. He has since let me know, that the whole event raised £10,000 in total for the help for heroes charity , so once again a massive thank you to you all.

I must also say thank you to Steve Brooke for his great comentary throughout the day, he really does keep the general public informed with exactly what we are, what we're about, and what we are doing. Also thanks to the rest of the Eden Park drivers that came down to support our event, it really is appreciated, and shows how closely we work together in the South-East, as a region, when there was over 50 of us displaying our great sport to the public, which is nearly half as many as were taking part at the national event at Southport on the same day, (who needs nationals in our region?)

So yet again, thanks boys and girls, it's so important for the future of our sport that we get out into the public to show them what we do, at such events, because lets face it, it's the knew drivers we need for our future,

Kind Regards,
Alan, proud Chairman of Faversham Off-Road Car Club